1. India’s recovery rate surges to 41.61% from 7.1% in March; ICMR hails testing strategy
2. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday, May 26 chaired a meeting to review the situation along the LAC and the Ladakh sector amid the standoff with China.
3. After evading responsibility of the COVID crisis in Maharashtra,
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi calls lockdown a ‘failure’, asks Govt for its ‘plan B’ to tackle the pandemic
4. The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) aims to enhance fish production to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024-25 from 137.58 lakh metric tons in 2018-19 at an average annual growth rate of about 9%.
5. Railways has operationalised more than three thousand 60 Shramik Special trains across the country to transport migrant workers to their home States. More than 40 lakhs passengers have reached their destinations by these trains
6. Schools might reopen with 30% to 50% attendance and that too for Class 8th to 12th so that physical distancing norms can be followed easily.
7. The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet has decided to resume public and private transport from June 1 and barred private schools from taking charges other than tuition fee in view of the extended lockdown.
8. In Himachal Only 60% occupancy will be allowed in buses. The buses will not stop in containment zones and will not operate during night hours.
9. Big decision by Modi government! Relief for hotels, tour operators, travel agents and tourist transporters. whose project approvals/reapprovals and classification/reclassification have expired/are likely to expire during the period (24.03.2020 to 29.6.2020) are deemed to be extended till 30.06.2020.
10. A swarm of desert locusts which attacked Jaipur on Monday morning could be headed towards the capital, if wind speed is favourable.
11. Airports across the country handled 325 departures and 283 arrivals with 41,673 passengers till 5 pm on Tuesday even as flight cancellations continued with passengers facing difficulties.West Bengal was the only state where no domestic services took place.
12. An air passenger who had arrived to Coimbatore from Chennai on May 25 tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, making him perhaps the first case of coronavirus since resumption of domestic flights.
13. Cyclone Amphan: Drinking water and electricity supply has been restored in large swathes of Kolkata ravaged by Cyclone. Few places of West Bengal limp back to normalcy
14. The Indian Air Force will operationalise its second squadron comprising indigenously developed light combat aircraft Tejas on Wednesday at Sulur airbase near Coimbatore.
15. A leading Ganesh mandal in Mumbai has decided to postpone its annual Ganpati festival celebrations this year in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.The 10-day festival begins on ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’, which is falling on August 22 this year.
16. A senior Congress leader who is a minister in the Maharashtra cabinet has tested positive for novel coronavirus, The minister has been travelling between Mumbai and his home district in Marathwada frequently. Earlier, Nationalist Congress Party leader and housing minister Jitendra Awhad had tested positive for coronavirus.
17. Popular TV actor Preksha Mehta, best known for featuring in shows such as “Crime Patrol”, “Meri Durga” and “Laal Ishq”, has reportedly committed suicide at her residence here. She was 25.
18. The death toll due to COVID-19 rose to 4,167 in the country, while the number of cases climbed to 1,45,380, registering an increase of 146 deaths and 6,535 cases since Monday 8 am, the Union Health Ministry said.
1. Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh speaks with Australian Defence Minister Ms Linda Reynolds over phone on mitigating COVID-19
2. In the midst of escalating border tension between Indian and Chinese troops in eastern Ladakh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held a meeting with National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and the three service chiefs with a focus on bolstering India’s military preparedness to deal with external security challenges
3. The US-China military frictions were also on the rise with the US navy stepping its patrols in the disputed South China Sea as well as the Taiwan Straits. Washington and Beijing are also engaged in a war of words over the origin of the coronavirus pandemic.
4. Top commanders of the Indian Army will carry out an in-depth review of the tense standoff between Indian and Chinese troops in several areas of eastern Ladakh at a three-day conference beginning Wednesday. Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane will also be present in the meeting,
5. China has decided to evacuate its citizens, including students, tourists and businessmen, from India who are facing “difficulties” in the country and want to return home in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.