*Union Health Minister praises Karnataka’s Covid control measures*
*Dr.Harshavardhan holds Video conference with state Health Minister*
_*No compromise in strategy, no easing of guidelines during festive period: Health & Medical Education Minister Dr.K.Sudhakar*_
*Bengaluru – November 4, 2020*: Karnataka’s Covid control measures are satisfactory says union Health Minister Dr.Harshavardhan. He was holding a video conference with Health & Medical Education Minister Dr.K.Sudhakar and officials of the department to discuss the steps taken contain Covid-19 and preparations underway for vaccine distribution in the state. Infection and mortality rate have been reduced after a spike, strict measures are to be implemented for complete control in the future, he suggested.
We should formulate sensible strategies during upcoming festive season and winter. Also there is a need to keep vigil on interstate and international passengers. ILI and SARI cases to be identified and make them undergo Covid testing in order to control spread of the infection. Certain instructions have been passed regarding vaccine, the same has to be followed meticulously, said Dr.Harshavardhan.
Dr Sudhakar has explained the measures initiated by state government under the leadership of CM B.S.Yediyurappa to control Covid in the state. He also expressed gratitude for the assistance provided by the centre.
*Other points made by Dr.Sudhakar*
• Covid-19 was very much under control pre lockdown period and the number of cases increased when migrants started pouring in from 5 neighboring states.
• But, still we are controlling the infection with more testing and effective treatment. Our target is to reduce the mortality rate to below 1%.
• We will not compromise during the festive season and strict guidelines will be in force. Spreading the awareness among the public is an important factor. We are working in that direction.
•Findings of Serosurvey will be factored in while formualting strategy for coming days.
• Strict guidelines were in force during Dasara season and the same will be continued during Deepavali as well.
• There is a need to increase testing in some labs under central government in the state and centre also to provide assistance to establish oxygen plants.