1. *Centre announces nationwide COVID vaccine rollout on Jan 16 after 2 successful ‘dry runs’*
2. *The next round of talks between the Centre and farmer leaders will be held on 15th of this month.*
3. *An earthquake measuring 4.2 on Richter scale shook Dharamsala on Saturday evening*
4. Bird flu confirmed in 7 states; samples from Delhi, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh sent for testing.
5. A 40-year-old Punjab farmer, who was taking part in the protest at the Singhu border against the Central farm laws, allegedly took his own life by consuming some poisonous substance on Saturday evening: The farmer, Amarinder Singh, was a resident of Punjab’s Fatehgarh Sahib district.
6. *The Centre on Saturday sought dismissal of a review petition seeking information about funds received by the Prime Minister’s Citizens Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation (PM CARES) Fund.* An affidavit was filed by Pradeep Srivastava, Under Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office.
7. In a horrific tragedy, *ten newborn babies died after a fire broke out at a neo-natal care ward of a state-run hospital at Bhandara in eastersn Maharashtra* in the early hours of Saturday.
8. *Former India cricketer Irfan Pathan marks his debut on the silver screen with a Tamil film ‘Cobra’*. The teaser of the movie came out on Friday, January 8.
9. Actress Dia Mirza’s former manager, Rahila Furniturewala, has been arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Saturday in relation to the ongoing investigation in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case.
10. GoAir on Friday sacked a senior pilot for posting allegedly derogatory on PM Modi on social media. The pilot was made to apologise as per airline policy.
11. *Air India’s woman power flies high around the world*: Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri said that
All women cockpit crew consisting of Capt Zoya Aggarwal, Capt Papagari Thanmai, Capt Akansha Sonaware & Capt Shivani Manhas will operate the historic inaugural flight between Bengaluru & San Francisco. Flight AI176 departed from San Francisco in the USA at 8.30 pm (local time) on Saturday and land at the Kempegowda International Airport at 3.45 am (local time) on Monday.
12. India’s civil aviation regulator, the *Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), has issued guidelines to airlines and other aircraft operators for transportation of Covid-19 vaccines.*
13. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Indian Army takes Chinese soldier into custody after he crossed over to the Indian side of LAC* in Ladakh, in the South Pangong Lake.
2. *Pakistani troops violated ceasefire by resorting to unprovoked firing and mortar shelling on forward posts and villages along the Line of Control (LoC)* and International Border (IB) in Rajouri and Kathua districts of Jammu and Kashmir,
3. *A former Pakistani diplomat Zafar Hilaly admitted on a news television show that 300 terrorists had died in the Balakot airstrike on February 26, 2019* . The strike was in response to the terror attack in Pulwama in which 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives.
4. *23 Indian sailors onboard Indian ship Jag Anand which has been stuck at Chinese port of Jingtang since June last year, have finally got respite as the ship is all set to sail to Chiba, Japan for a crew change.*
5. After prolonged talks between Indian and Chinese sides, the ship will finally sail to Japan for crew change. After being onboard for around a year since it started the voyage from Australia laden with Australian coal, the crew members will be finally relieved from the ship.
6. *BSF hands over 6 Pakistani nationals within 24 hours after they ‘illegally’ crossed over*