1. *Bharat Biotech, as part of its precautionary advice, has said people on medicines that affect their immune system should not take its vaccine Covaxin* . Close on the heels of some adverse incidents being reported, a detailed fact sheet released by Bharat Biotech says those with bleeding disorders or on blood thinners should avoid taking the shot for now.
2. *10th round of talks between farmers-Centre ends, next meet on Jan 22* : The government has offered to suspend the farm laws for a period of 1.5 to 2 years and move an affidavit in the Supreme Court if the farmers agree.
3. The farmers leaders, however, have made it clear that they want the laws to be repealed and not a suspension.
4. *The exodus from TMC continued in West Bengal* on Wednesday as *Santipur MLA Arindam Bhattacharya joined BJP* in the national capital in the presence of senior party leaders.
5. *BJP to not project CM candidate for WB Assembly election; decision after poll results* : election due in April-May this year. This comes even as TMC is seeking re-election under the leadership of WB CM Mamata Banerjee.
6. *The Congress and the Samajwadi Party (SP) demanded removal of the portrait of Hindu ideologue Veer Savarkar from the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly Gallery that was inaugurated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday.* : Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, commonly known as Swatantryaveer Savarkar or simply Veer Savarkar in Marathi language, was an Indian independence activist and politician who formulated the Hindu nationalist philosophy of Hindutva.
7. *Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday criticised the takeover of the international airport in Thiruvananthapuram by the Adani group,* saying it was not for the development of the facility but to protect the interest of monopolies.
8. *The Supreme Court has dismissed petitions seeking review of its verdict that upheld the validity of the Aadhaar scheme more than two years ago.* but struck down or read down as many as six provisions, including those on linking of bank accounts, mobile phones and school admissions to the unique identification number.
9. *Delhi Police may allow tractor rally on Jan 26, but under strict supervision:* Police to get details of participating farmers, including vehicle number, RC details, names of drivers, and co-passengers.
10. *Punjab government will reopen its primary schools on January 27, a press release from the government said*
11. *Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut has been summoned by the Juhu police in relation to the defamation case filed by veteran writer Javed Akhtar.* She has to appear before the police on Friday (January 22).
12. *Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Videh Kumar Jaipuriar on Tuesday said he is eagerly waiting for the resumption of overseas scheduled flight operations which have been suspended for over nine months.*
13. *The air forces of India and France kicked off a five-day joint exercise in Rajasthan on Wednesday* with a raft of aircraft, including Rafale fighters jets, Mirage 2000s, Sukhoi-30s, mid-air refuellers and airborne warning and control system (AWACS) platforms, the Indian Air Force (IAF) said.
14. *One More From Odisha In The Top Rank:* Lieutenant General Chandi Prasad Mohanty, currently serving as the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Command, is most likely to be elevated as the new vice chief of Army Staff very soon, which is next in rank to the Chief of Army Staff in the Indian Army.
15. *Delhi Police has requisitioned the world renowned crack K9 unit of ITBP for deployment to sanitize and secure the area around India Gate and Rajpath.* ITBP K9s are some of the highly trained and loyal dogs who will sniff terror with zero error to ensure that the ceremony held under a very high threat perception goes off without a hitch.
16. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *PM Modi congratulates new US President Joe Biden, stresses on furthering bilateral ties*
2. *Vistara starts daily flights to Sharjah from Delhi; Mumbai-Sharjah flights from January 24*
Vistara, a joint venture of Tata Group and Singapore Airlines, Wednesday started daily services to and from Sharjah, under the travel bubble agreement between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
3. *India and France joint Air Exercise Desert Knight-21* a bilateral Air exercise , Ex Desert Knight-21 at Air Force Station Jodhpur from 20 to 24 Jan 21.
4. *China plans to construct 600 ‘Border Defence Villages’ close to Indian border,* security agencies concerned.
5. *The Global Firepower Index ranks the countries based on their potential military strength. India was ranked fourth in the index* . The Global Firepower Index ranked 138 countries.
6. The United States topped the index. The US was followed by Russia. China was ranked third. India was ranked fourth. Japan was ranked fifth.
South Korea was ranked sixth .
7. *Bhutan on Wednesday (January 20, 2021) became the first country to receive “Made in India” COVID-19 vaccines* with an Indian Air Force’s AN32 landing in the country with 1,50,000 doses of it.