1. *Nation pays tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 124th birthday; declare January 23 as Parakram Day*
2. *The Union Government is using Rapid Assessment System, RAS for taking feedback from those who get vaccinated for COVID-19.*
3. *PM Modi will address an event at Sivasagar’s Jerenga Pothar, Assam, where the legendary Joymati sacrificed her life for her husband in the 17th century.* Sivasagar — and Upper Assam — is also seen as representing the Assamese, and was marked by strong opposition to CAA.
4. PM Modi will launch an Assam government initiative to distribute over one lakh land pattas (documents) to indigenous communities of the state — is the historic Jerenga Pothar in Upper Assam’s Sivasagar district.
5. *Based on Motor Vehicles Act; Driving On Wrong Side In Gurgaon May Lead to Licence Ban:* Gurugram Police has decided to take stern action.
6. *Five people died as a fire tore through an under construction facility of Serum Institute of India in Pune.* It is unlikely to impact the Covishield vaccine making process as the fire broke out in a facility away from the place where the COVID-19 vaccines are made.
7. The Serum Institute, the “world’s largest maker of vaccines”, is producing millions of doses of the Covishield coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University.
8. *Facebook executives will field questions from a parliamentary panel on Thursday about the changes to WhatsApp’s privacy* , news agency Reuters reported citing sources, days after the messaging platform was asked by the government to withdraw them.
9. *Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit will take a decision on the release of seven people convicted for the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi* “within three to four days”, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta told.
10. Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a suicide bomber of the LTTE in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperambudur on May 21, 1991. The subsequent trial and conviction of his killers has been an emotive subject in Tamil Nadu, which had cropped up repeatedly around elections.
11. *Leader of the Opposition in Maharashtra Assembly Devendra Fadnavis appealed to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray to relocate a proposed Metro car shed to Aarey Colony in Mumbai.*
12. *Kumbh Mela 2021: Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the Uttarakhand government has asked the centre for an additional 20,000 vaccines for the Kumbh Mela*. This year the Mahakumbh is taking place after 12 years. Amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
13. The Shivraj Singh government in Madhya Pradesh had called off the winter session of the assembly citing coronavirus, weeks after conducting a successful campaign for by-elections.
14. *Karnataka cabinet troubles continue; CM Yediyurappa reshuffles portfolios within 24 hrs*
15. *The Ladakh contingent for the Republic Day Parade as the young union territory is all set to make its debut* in the extravaganza on Rajpath with a beautiful tableau depicting the iconic Thikse Monastery and its cultural heritage.
16. *Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Roorkee signed an MoU in New Delhi on Friday for continuation of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Professorial* Chair focusing on research and development, teaching and training in the area of Development of Highway Infrastructure.
17. *The Congress will have an elected president by June 2021 “at any cost” in a decision taken on Friday by the party’s working committee*
18. Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa on Friday said five people were killed in the powerful explosion of a truckload of gelatin sticks at a stone crushing unit in Shivamogga district and assured action against unlawful mining and those responsible for the mishap.
19. *The Bombay High Court has granted three weeks transit anticipatory bail to web series “Tandav” director Ali Abbas Zafar* and 3 others in an FIR registered in Uttar Pradesh.
20. *Bengaluru: The state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited achieved a major milestone by successfully test-firing a Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Hawk-i aircraft off the coast of Odisha.*
21. Border Security Force (BSF) on Thursday said the force was “apolitical” in response to allegations made by Trinamool Congress (TMC) that met a full bench of the Election Commission and claimed that the BSF was intimidating people in border areas of West Bengal to cast their votes in favour of a particular political party.
22. *The Indian Army is to conduct a large scale joint military exercise Kavach in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.* The Joint Military Exercise Kavach will involve Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard.
23. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Myanmar received 1.5 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine as gift from India on Friday:* External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar tweeted that the vaccines have arrived in Myanmar to contribute to its effort at inoculating its population.
2. *PM of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina has thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the gift of 2 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine to Bangladesh.*
3. High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Vikram Doraiswami handed over 2 million doses of COVID 19 vaccine gift to Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr. A K Abdul Momen and Health Minister Zahid Maleque in a function held in Dhaka.
4. *”We Are Indians”: Protests Break Out In Arunachal Pradesh Over Chinese Village* . The village lies in the Upper Subansiri district, an area which has been long disputed by India and China and has been marked by armed conflict.
5. It was reported that China had constructed a new village in Arunachal Pradesh, around 4.5 kilometres inside of the de facto border on the Indian side. The village consists of about 101 homes. Locals carried out a march, carrying placards and burning effigies of Chinese President Xi Jinping even as they raised various pro-India, anti-China slogans.