1. *President Ram Nath Kovind will address the nation today on the eve of the 72nd Republic Day.* The address will be broadcast from 1900 hrs. on the entire national network of All India Radio (AIR) and telecast over all channels of Doordarshan in Hindi followed by the English version.
2. *Election Commission of India is celebrating 11th National Voters Day on Monday.* President Ram Nath Kovind will be the Chief Guest at the national function being organized in New Delhi by the Election Commission of India. The National Voters’ Day has been celebrated on January 25 every year since 2011, all across the country to mark the foundation day of Election Commission of India, i.e. 25th January 1950.
3. *India’s rich and diverse cultural heritage was on display on Sunday* when PM Modi interacted with Tribal Guests, NCC Cadets, NSS Volunteers and Tableaux Artists in New Delhi. Prime Minister also highlighted certain key aspects of New Education Policy saying it places greater importance on vocational education.
4. *The Government of India is to use Rapid Assessment System for the feedback on COVID-19 vaccination.* The system sends SMS to people vaccinated in a span of four days. It sends SMS with ID AX-GOVRAS and asks citizens if social distancing was maintained at vaccination sites, if information about adverse effects of vaccination was provided, etc.
5. After farmers in large parts of Uttar Pradesh complained that the state administration had instructed petrol pumps not to give diesel for tractors or sell it in view of the upcoming farmers’ tractor rally in Delhi on Republic Day, Bharatiya *Kisan Union leader Rakesh Tikait on Sunday called upon his supporters to block the roads wherever they were, in case they were not allowed to proceed to the national capital* .
6. *Farmers Can Enter Delhi, But Can’t Disturb Republic Day Parade:* The Delhi Police, however, has issued a series of restrictions, saying permission was given only to show respect for the farmers’ demand.
7. *Over 300 Twitter handles have been traced to Pakistan that have been created to disrupt and hijack the tractor rally on Republic Day by farmers protesting the central government’s new agricultural laws* , the Delhi Police claimed on Sunday.
8. *All MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab will move towards Delhi on tractors from Shambhu at Punjab-Haryana border on Monday to support the tractor parade* of farmers on Republic Day,
9. *Bihar CM Nitish Kumar Wishes “Speedy Recovery” to Lalu Yadav,* who has been admitted to Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences after breathing trouble.
10. *Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched a state-of-the-art bus terminus project named after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at his birthplace Cuttack* .
11. *PM Modi on Sunday said Indian scientists have done their duty by developing the COVID-19 vaccine* and “now we have to fulfill ours” by defeating through the right information every network spreading lies and rumours.
12. *Ahead of elections in Kerala due later this year, the Left Democratic Front (LDF) government has recommended a CBI probe into cases against former chief minister Oommen Chandy* and five others filed over allegations of sexual abuse linked to the state’s infamous ‘solar scam’.
13. *The central government on Saturday informed that avian influenza or bird flu has been confirmed in nine states* (Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab) for poultry birds and in 12 states (Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab) for the crow, migratory and wild birds till January 24.
14. The Defence Research and Development Organisation ( *DRDO) will have two tableaux at this year’s Republic Day parade* — one showcasing light combat aircraft Tejas’ successful take-off from aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in 2020, and another displaying full complement of anti-tank guided missile systems.
15. *Over 16 Lakh Healthcare Workers Vaccinated Till Now:*
Karnataka has the highest number of vaccinations in the country so far with 1,91,443 beneficiaries followed by Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
16. *The Centre has issued standard operating protocols (SOP) for the upcoming Kumbh mela at Haridwar in Uttarakhand* on Sunday (January 24) amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
17. A 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict and a person held and acquitted in connection with the murder of T-Series founder Gulshan Kumar were among three people arrested on Sunday in Indore in Madhya Pradesh for allegedly peddling drugs.
18. *Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday (January 24) slammed PM Modi and alleged that Chinese troops have occupied Indian territory and the man with “56 inch-chest” cannot even name China.*
19. Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will on Monday launch the *electronic version of the voter identity card which can be downloaded* on a mobile phone or a personal computer.
20. *Congress MP Ravneet Singh Bittu was Sunday allegedly assaulted,* pushed around and his turban pulled off in what he described was a ‘murderous attack’ by some ‘mischievous elements’ during a ‘Jan Sansad’ programme at the Singhu border.
21. *Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan tied the knot with fashion designer Natasha Dalal on Sunday (January 24)* in an intimate ceremony in Maharashtra’s Alibaug.
22. *UPSC NDA (1) 2021 Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Exam Dates are updated* : The examination for the NDA I recruitment has been scheduled to take place on *18th April 2021* . Thus, the hall ticket for the exam will also be released very soon. There are total vacancies of 400 posts, out of which 370 seats will be filled in NDA, whereas the remaining 30 seats will be filled in the Naval Academy.
23. The candidates who will qualify for the NDA written test will be called for the SSB interview, which will be conducted for five days. At this stage, most of the candidates will be eliminated, and only the best candidates will be chosen for admission to the nation’s prestigious defense academies.
24. *Coronavirus Cases* :
1. *The delivery of the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) to the Indian Air Force under a Rs 48,000-crore deal will begin from March 2024* and around 16 aircraft will be rolled out annually till the completion of the total supply of 83 jets, Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited R Madhavan said
2. Amid a raging debate over privacy offered by messaging platforms like WhatsApp, *terrorist groups and their handlers from Pakistan are switching to new applications which include one developed by a Turkish company* , The names of the messaging apps have been withheld for security reasons.
3. *Pakistan-based terror groups were looking to create trouble and disrupt the farmers’ tractor rally.* : Over 300 Twitter handles have been generated from Pakistan during January 13 to 18 to disrupt the tractor rally.
4. *122-Member Bangladesh Armed Forces Contingent To Participate In Republic Day Parade* : The contingent will be led by contingent commander Lieutenant Colonel Abu Mohammed Shahnoor Shawon and his deputies Lieutenant Farhan Ishraq and Flight Lieutenant Sibat Rahman.
5. The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) of the Uttar Pradesh *police said it has arrested two Chinese nationals from Noida for their involvement in a money laundering case.*
6. *The air customs officers at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport on Sunday (January 24, 2021) held two Ugandan nationals with heroin worth over Rs 68 crore.*
7. *The ninth round of high-level military talks began at around 10 am at Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh* , After a gap of over two-and-half months, the Indian and Chinese armies on Sunday held another round of Corps Commander-level talks with an aim to move forward on disengagement of troops from all friction points in eastern Ladakh, sources said.