1. *President Ram Nath Kovind unfurls the National Flag as he receives the traditional 21-Gun Salute at Republic Day parade*
2. *President Ram Nath Kovind approves conferment of 119 Padma Awards* : Padma Awards – one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, ‘Padma Vibhushan’ is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service; ‘Padma Bhushan’ for distinguished service of high order and ‘Padma Shri’ for distinguished service in any field. The awards are announced on the occasion of Republic Day every year.
3. *Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated ‘Bharat Parv-2021’ organised by the Ministry of Tourism in New Delhi yesterday*
4. *The replica of the grand Ram temple planned at Ayodhya, rolling down Rajpath as part of the Republic Day paradethis morning, prompted many among the spectators, including ministers, to stand and applaud.*
5. *Tractors Drive Recklessly At Delhi’s ITO As Farmers, Police Clash* : Neither the police nor the farmer leaders looked in control of the situation as key locations of the national capital, from ITO to the Red Fort, turned into a sea of tractors and other vehicles. Some of them even began to drive in a haphazard manner amid the milling ground, seemingly to threaten the assembled policemen.
6. *One farmer died after a speeding tractor stunt overturned near the ITO junction in central Delhi The farmer has been identified as Navdeep Singh Hundal, 26, from Uttarakhand’s Bajpur area.*
7. *Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh appealed to PM Modi on Tuesday to accept the farmers” demands, saying the new farm laws were “completely wrong*
8. *Tractor rally of protesting farmers turning violent,* the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), on Tuesday, shut down the entry and exit gates of more than 10 metro stations in central and north Delhi temporarily.
9. *Condemning the violence at the Farmers’ tractor rally, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday, said that the Centre’s insensitive attitude towards farmers for the ongoing violence.* Claiming that the farmers’ protests were handled casually, Banerjee said that the Centre should engage with the farmers & repeal the laws.
10. *Unprecedented chaos was unleashed upon Delhi on the 72nd Republic Day as the tractor rally by protesting farmers went off the designated course and rolled into the Iconic Mughal-era Red Fort in the Old City. A protester died on the way* , the police said it was an accident. The farmers entered the forecourt of the fort, climbed its ramparts, and hoisted a religious flag on a mast outside. The police, wielding batons, managed to remove them from inside the fort. The violence started in the morning as farmers broke barricades and entered Delhi ahead of time. One of the key farmer groups has called off the tractor rally, accusing anti-social elements of being responsible for the violence.
11. *All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam leader V K Sasikala will be a free person on Wednesday after completing her four-year jail term in a corruption case.*
12. *The Congress and the Left parties on Monday decided that in the upcoming West Bengal assembly elections, they will contest the seats they had won respectively in the 2016 polls* while talks will continue for the remaining constituencies.
13. *Ayodhya Mosque Work Starts On Republic Day* :Raising of the national flag on India’s 72nd Republic Day and a tree plantation drive marked the formal beginning of the project to construct a mosque at Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya.
14. *The list of Padma awards recipients this year includes a transgender from Karnataka who has over the past many decades practised and single-handedly popularised rural folk arts. For Manjamma Jogathi,* the Padma Shri comes after decades of social and financial struggle.
15. *Centre convenes all-party meet on January 30* ahead of Budget session on 01 Feb.
16. *The railway passengers who had booked their tickets but were not able to travel because of the farmer protests will be able to apply for a full refund,* as per a notification issued by the Northern Railway.
17. *The Trinamool Congress said that it is likely to move a censure motion in the West Bengal assembly over raising of ”Jai Shri Ram slogan at an official programme* to celebrate the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, claiming that it was an insult to the freedom fighter as well as the chief minister.
18. *Indian forces facing China’s aggression in Ladakh will shortly receive indigenous attack helicopters which have proven their worth in high altitude areas during recent tests,* adding muscle to the airborne fleet that currently consists of AH 64E Apache choppers.
19. *Two IAF women pilots, script history at R-Day parade* : Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth, 28, became the first woman fighter pilot to take part in the R-Day parade as she was part of an IAF tableau that showcased mock-ups of an light combat aircraft, light combat helicopter and a Sukhoi-30 fighter plane, Flight Lieutenant Swati Rathore got the honour to be the first woman to be part of the flypast over Rajpath as she flew a Mi-17 V5 helicopter in a formation of four choppers.
20. *Coronavirus Cases* :
1. *The Embassy of India in Beijing celebrated 72nd Republic Day with zeal and enthusiasm with due diligence to COVID-19 protocols.*
2. *Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh has extended her greetings on the occasion of the 72 Republic Day of India*
3. *The 72nd Republic Day was celebrated at Dhaka in Bangladesh on Tuesday. High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Vikram Doraiswami hoisted the flag in the chancery premises.* After the flag hoisting ceremony, the High Commissioner read out parts of the President’s address to the nation delivered on the eve of Republic Day.
4. *72nd Republic Day celebrations at the Indian Embassy in Seoul joined by South Korean leaders* : Embassy of India, Seoul celebrated the 72nd Republic Day. Ambassador Sripriya Ranganathan unfurled the national flag.
5. *Nikhil Srivastava, a young Indian mathematician, has been named winner of the prestigious 2021 Michael and Sheila Held Prize* along with two others for solving long-standing questions on the Kadison-Singer problem and on Ramanujan graphs.
6. Srivastava from the University of California, Berkeley, Adam Marcus, the Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne (EPFL) and Daniel Alan Spielman from Yale University will receive the 2021 Michael and Sheila Held Prize, the National Academy of Sciences said in the statement.
7. *Permanent Ban On TikTok, 58 Chinese Apps In India From June*
8. *UK PM Boris Johnson greets India on Republic Day,* says ‘working together to eliminate COVID-19’