1. *Presentation of the Union budget 2021-22 by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman,* the Union Cabinet will hold a meeting at 10:15 am today. The Budget will be presented at 11 am in the Parliament. *The first part of the Budget Session of Parliament will end on February 13 instead of February 15*
2. *Government on Sunday said that around 89 lakh children were given polio drops under National Polio Immunisation drive across the country.*
3. *The government is planning to introduce a law which will seek to prohibit the private cryptocurrencies in India and create a facilitative framework for an official digital currency issued by the Reserve Bank of India.*
4. *AIADMK leader V K Sasikala was discharged from a hospital here on Sunday (January 31) after recovering from COVID-19, days after she was set free by the prison officials on completion of her jail term in a corruption case,*
5. *A day after NCP supremo Sharad Pawar claimed that the new farm laws will destroy the MSP procurement system and weaken the mandi format, Union agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar countered this by saying that the former agriculture minister was misinformed on the new farm laws.* He said the new laws facilitate the promotion of an additional channel of choice for farmers as they can sell their produce to anyone, anywhere with hassle-free movement in and outside the state to realise competitive and better net price for their produce.
6. *Delhi Congress on Sunday passed a resolution to make Rahul Gandhi the party president with immediate effect*
7. *Haryana extends suspension of mobile internet services till February 1*, check list of affected districts
8. The State Cabinet meeting which was chaired by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Edappadi K Palaniswami, cleared the 34 major investment proposals with a total investment of Rs 52,257 crore.
9. *Congress leader and former Rajasthan deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot on Sunday reiterated his demand that the central government should immediately withdraw the “stubbornly and forcibly passed” farm laws.*
10. Haryana Chief Minister M L Khattar on Sunday gave a cheque of Rs 5.10 lakh to Sri Rama Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra for the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
11. *Starting Feb 1, full occupancy will be allowed in cinema halls while following all COVID-related protocols,* said Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar on Sunday.
12. *Non-bailable warrant issued against South Indian director Shankar*: for his failure to appear before it repeatedly in connection with a case registered against him for allegedly copying a short story of writer Arur Tamilnadan and making the blockbuster movie Endhiran, featuring Rajinikanth, Aishwarya Rai. which was a violation of the Copyright Act, 1957.
13. *The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has busted a fake degree scam in the State of Himachal Pradesh and has attached assets worth Rs 194.17 crore belonging to a Solan based private university,*
14. *CBSE Board Exam 2021: Govt’s New Rules Give Major Relief To Class 10 Students* : Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, during an interaction with CBSE board, decided that if a student fails in any of the three elective subjects such as Science, Mathematics and Social Science, the failed subject will be replaced by the Skill Subject.
15. *Schools in Haryana will resume physical classes for the students of Classes 6 to 8 from February 1* , according to an order issued by the Department of School Education on Friday. Schools timings will be between 10 am and 1:30 pm. *The Karnataka Government has decided to hold full-day classes for students of Classes 9, 10, and students of first and second year Pre-University from February 1* Schools in Andhra Pradesh will reopen for classes 1 to 5 from February 1.
16. *The Indian Air Force is now looking to focus on the multirole fighter aircraft project under which it is planning to acquire 114 combat aircraft expected to cost over Rs 1.3 lakh crore.* The Air Force had been undertaking one fighter aircraft project at a time and now its 83 LCA Mark 1A fighters have been cleared by the Cabinet Committee on Security led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Rs 50,000 crore deal is set to be signed in Bengaluru during Aero India.
17. *Three terror associates affiliated with the terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) were arrested in Budgam, Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday (January 31).*
18. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *All the Indian Visa Application Centres (IVAC) in Bangladesh have been reopened by the High Commision of India*
2. *Union Minister for Women & Child Development and Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the 8th edition of India International Silk Fair virtually on Sunday.* : Textile Minister stated that more than 200 overseas buyers have already registered and equal number of their representatives in India shall be interacting on virtual platform with more than 100 renowned and big Indian companies manufacturing and trading silk and silk blended products.