1. *PM Modi will visit the states of Assam and West Bengal on 7th February 2021.* At around 11:45 AM, Prime Minister will lay the Foundation Stone of two hospitals and launch ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads, at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur District, Assam. Thereafter, at around 4:50 PM, he will dedicate to the Nation and lay the Foundation Stone of key infrastructure projects in Haldia, West Bengal.
2. *PM Modi on Friday held a meeting with Home Minister Amit Shah, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi at the parliament complex, amid opposition attacks on the government in both houses over the farmers’ protest against the three central agriculture laws.*
3. *The Supreme Court-appointed committee on Friday said it held consultations with the heads of state marketing boards, private mandi operators and food parks from 10 states including Kerala on the controversial new farm laws against* which farmers have been protesting at Delhi’s borders for over two months now. This is the fifth meeting the panel held so far.
4. The *Maharashtra Congress* on Friday appointed *Nana Patole as the party’s Maharashtra state committee president* , replacing Balasaheb Thorat.
5. *PM Modi will virtually release a commemorative postage stamp on Gujarat High Court on Saturday as part of the institution’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations* . The Gujarat High Court has completed sixty years of its establishment on May 1, 2020.
6. *Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s announcement of bank privatisation,* : Punjab & Sind Bank, Bank of Maharashtra may be privatised.
7. A leopard, which had killed three women in Uttarakhand’s Devalthal area, has been shot dead by a professional hunter hired by the forest department.
8. *There will be no “chakka jam” or road block in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand on Saturday,* though farmers across the country are likely to protest “peacefully” on national highways, an umbrella body of farmers have said. The statement comes days after a tractor rally on Republic Day by farmers in Delhi turned violent.
9. *Mo Dhaliwal, the founder of the Vancouver-based Poetic Justice Foundation (PJF) that created the controversial ‘toolkit’ tweeted by Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, is looking to use the farm protests in India to fuel the separatist Khalistani movement,* according to a police officer probing attempts to fan the separatist movement under the garb of the farmers’ agitation.
10. *Mobile internet services will remain suspended in Haryana’s Sonipat and Jhajjar districts till Saturday evening,*
11. *High speed 4G internet services are being restored across Jammu and Kashmir*, more than 18 months after they were snapped to prevent a backlash against the centre’s move to revoke the former state’s special status. Jammu and Kashmir was put under what became the world’s longest-running internet shutdown in a democratic country on August 5, 2019.
12. *BJP Slams West Bengal Government For Holding Budget Session Without Governor Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar on the first day of the session.*
13. *Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Friday said that the third phase of COVID-19 vaccination, in which people above 50 years of age will be vaccinated, is expected to start next month.*
14. Comedian Munawar Faruqui, arrested in a case for allegedly hurting religious sentiments by passing objectionable remarks about Hindu deities during a show, the Supreme Court on Friday released him on an interim bail.
15. *Bollywood Actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha praised international celebrities who spoke out in support of the farmers protesting the government’s new agricultural laws.*
16. *Aero India 2021: Defence majors showcase their arsenal; ‘Aatmanirbhar’, ‘Make In India’ buzzwords at the air show* : ‘Aatmanirbhar’ and ‘Make In India’ are the key buzzwords at the Yelahanka Air Force Base in Bengaluru as companies showcase cutting-edge technologies in aerospace. The event is the first international air show in a post-COVID world.
17. *Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria on Friday met his counterparts from Tajikistan and Bangladesh and a delegation from France in separate meetings on the last day of Aero India 2021 in Bengaluru* .
18. Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh Tests Positive For COVID-19
19. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *PM Modi had a telephone conversation with Matemela Cyril Ramaphosa, President of South Africa* . The two leaders discussed the continuing challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and in this context the vaccination campaigns being undertaken in their respective countries.
2. India has received requests for supply of COVID-19 vaccines from 22 countries so far these have already been supplied to 15 countries, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said today.
3. *A top over-ground worker (OGW) of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) outfit was on Friday arrested at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi*. Munib Sofi, a resident of Bijbehara area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, was arrested by a police party from Kulgam district.
4. *Soldiers from the Indian and the US armies will participate in land exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 20’ from February 8 to February 21 this year at the Mahajan Field Firing Range in Rajasthan.*
5. *Chinese Navy balances India’s ‘destabilising role’ and presence in the maritime area Indian Ocean is important to maintain regional balance of power. : Pak Navy chief said*
6. *Mumbai attack accused Tahawwur Rana opposes extradition to India* : Pakistani-origin Canadian businessman Tahawwur Rana, a key accused in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, has opposed his extradition to India, arguing that he has previously been acquitted of the offences for which his extradition is sought.
7. *A UK court presiding over the extradition case of Sanjay Bhandari, an accused arms dealer and “proclaimed offender” wanted in India on money laundering charges, extended his bail until April 9* at a case management hearing in London on Friday.
8. *American lawyer Meena Harris, the niece of Vice-President Kamala Harris, has shared a photo of a protest against her over her posts in support of the farmers’ agitation*
9. *ISRO plans to launch Brazilian satellite, 3 Indian payloads on 28 February*