1. *PM Modi will visit the states of Assam and West Bengal on 7th February 2021*
2. He will lay the Foundation Stone of two hospitals and launch ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads, at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur District, Assam. Thereafter, at around 4:50 PM, he will dedicate to the Nation and lay the Foundation Stone of key infrastructure projects in Haldia, West Bengal.
3. *The Jammu and Kashmir government has restored 4G mobile Internet service in the entire Union Territory.*: Jammu and Kashmir since August 5, 2019 after the central government revoked Article 370 of the Constitution and split the state into Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
4. *India’s first thunderstorm research testbed will be established in Balasore, Odisha.* with the objective to minimalize the human fatalities and loss of property because of the lightning strikes.
5. *The prestigious Akashvani Music Festival, will henceforth be named after Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi.* Pandit Bhimsen Joshi was born on 4 February 1922 at Gadag, then part of Dharwad district of Karnataka. Pune was his Karmabhoomi where he attained fame as a pre-eminent exponent of the Khayal form of singing, as well as for his popular renditions of devotional music – bhajans and abhangs.
6. *Farmers Chakka Jam:* Highways across north India, including the Eastern Peripheral Expressway around Delhi were blocked by farmers protesting against the centre’s three farm laws passed in September.
7. As farmers held a 3-hour ‘ *Chakka Jam’ across India, a flag bearing a portrait resembling Khalistani terrorist Bhindranwale was spotted on a tractor in Ludhiana on Saturday* . The Chakka jam was held peacefully across India in Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Jammu, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh etc. Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale – the brains behind ‘Khalistan’ demand – was killed by the Indian Army as part of Operation Blue Star in 1984 after he and his militants held a siege in the Harmandir Sahib Complex in Amritsar.
8. *The videos in which Punjabi actor-activist Deep Sidhu has been issuing clarifications and talking about the farmers’ protest, especially since the January 26 tractor rally violence, are being uploaded on to Facebook by his friend abroad* , police sources have said. The artiste is on the run with a reward of Rs 1 lakh having been announced for information leading to his arrest in the case.
9. *Rajasthan Government Suspends Arrested IPS Officer Manish Agrawal, Over Corruption Charges*
10. *The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will integrate the consumer grievances redressal under a single ombudsman* as opposed to the three grievance redressal schemes working at present.
11. *The National Horticulture Fair will start on February 8, 2021.* It is a five-day event that will be organised at the Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) campus. The theme of the National Horticulture Fair 2021 will be: ‘Horticulture for Start-Up and Stand-Up India’.
12. *Horticulture* : It is a branch of agriculture that involves the intensively cultured plants which are directly used by man for food, medicinal purposes and aesthetic gratification. It involves the cultivation, production and sale of fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, ornamental or exotic plants.
13. The Minister of State for the Electronics and IT, Sanjay Dhotre, highlighted in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha that; *more than 2.9 lakh digital banking cybersecurity incidents were reported in the year 2020.*
14. *The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar on Saturday (February 6, 2021) targetted cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar and said that he should be careful while speaking on the issues related to other fields.* Tendulkar took to his official Twitter account and said that the ‘sovereignty’ of India cannot be compromised and advised foreign citizens not to participate in the internal matters of the country on farmers protest.
15. *Bollywood actor Salman Khan was on Friday allowed by the Rajasthan High Court to appear before a sessions court in Jodhpur,* hearing his appeal against conviction in the Black Buck poaching case, through video conferencing.
16. *First women team of CoBRA commando unit* : a maiden contingent of 34 CRPF women personnel were inducted into the specialized jungle warfare commando force called CoBRA. The contingent would now be deployed in the anti-naxal operations grid of India. COBRA is a special operation unit of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) of India. The operation unit is skilled in the guerrilla tactics and jungle warfare.
17. Jammu and Kashmir Police (JKP) has arrested the chief of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Mustafa which is a front organisation of Pakistan based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in Kashmir valley. Hidayatullah Malik, the terrorist was arrested from Kunjwani area in Jammu as the forces traced the car he was travelling in.
18. *The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has approved the creation of the fifth tiger reserve in Tamil Nadu.* The tiger reserve will spread to 1.48 lakh hectares of land comprising of the Srivilliputhur Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuary, Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary and Tirunelveli Wildlife Sanctuary.
19. *India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) handed over the first Cheetal helicopter to the Indian Air Force (IAF) during Aero India 2021 show Bengaluru, Karnataka.* Cheetal is the re-engined version of the Cheetah helicopter. The project initiated during 2002 .
20. *Coronavirus Cases:* 10,827,170
1. *US-Based defence Lockheed Martin Signs Pact With Hindustan Aeronautics Limited*
2. *The American Digital payment solutions provider PayPal announced that it will stop offering the domestic payment services within India beginning from April 1, 2021.*
3. *Amid a spike in Pakistani drones dropping arms and digging of trans-border tunnels to push terrorists into Jammu & Kashmir, lieutenant general RP Singh, the general officer commanding-in-chief, Western Command, on Saturday said the army is well prepared to take on the security challenges.*
4. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday said senior military commanders of India and China have held nine rounds of talks on the process of disengagement of troops in eastern Ladakh and the parleys will continue in the future also.