Contract worker electrocuted while laying Bescom line in Bengaluru :
A 28-year-old labourer was electrocuted while laying BESCOM line in Kengeri on Monday evening.
The deceased has been identified as Srinivas T, a native of Myrusu.He was hired by a private company just weeks ago.
Senior officer told media persons, that the incident took place around 4.30pm and Srinivas along with eight workers was laying the line of BESCOM electrical poles.
Meanwhile the electricity passed through the line he succumbed at the spot due to electrocution. The staff raised an alarm and then the power was disconnected.The residents called Kengeri police and the body was shifted for postmortem.
We are waiting for the family members of Srinivas and he had no parents.He was being taken care of by his elders sisters and they yet to come to the city.The Kengeri police have taken a case of death due to negligence against the company and further investigation is on.