1. *PM Modi will visit Tamil Nadu and Kerala on February 14, 2021. He will inaugurate and lay the foundation stones for several key projects in both the states.* It includes Inauguration of 9 km long Chennai Metro Rail Phase-I extension at Tamil Nadu. Inauguration of fourth Railway line of 22.1 km in between the Chennai Beach and Attipattu. Foundation stone for the Reconstruction of South Coal Berth at Cochin Port & etc.
2. *1st phase of Budget session concludes, Lok S abha to reconvene on March 8*
3. *Union Home Minister Amit Shah assures restoration of J&K’s statehood at an appropriate time* , he told the lower house that Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill of 2021 has nothing to with the statehood.
4. *Dalits Who Convert to Islam or Christianity Won’t Get Quota, Says Law Minister in Rajya Sabha* : Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in response to a question in Rajya Sabha said that Dalit converting to Islam or Christianity cannot claim reservation benefits and it will also deprive the person the eligibility to contest parliamentary or Assembly election from constituencies reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC).
5. *Rescue teams on Saturday began widening a hole drilled into an approach tunnel on the way to the possible location of over 30 people trapped inside a sludge-choked tunnel of the NTPC’s Tapovan-Vishnugad hydel project* after a flash flood ravaged the area on last Sunday.
6. *The Delhi Police’s Crime Branch on Saturday took actor-activist Deep Sidhu and another accused Iqbal Singh to Red Fort to recreate the scene of events* that unfolded at the historic monument on Republic Day during the farmer’s tractor parade.
7. *Haryana govt to bring law for ‘recovery of public property damage from protestors’:* Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar said
8. *Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday lashed out at former Congress president Rahul Gandhi for his “hum do humare do” and “crony capitalism” jibe on the government* .
9. Bollywood actor Dia Mirza is all set to tie the knot with businessman Vaibhav Rekhi on Feb 15.
10. *UP govt has made a big announcement regarding re-opening of all colleges,* private universities across the state. All educational institutions of higher learning across the state *will re-open from February 15* .
11. *The state government of Gujarat announced on Saturday that schools will reopen for students of classes six to eight from February 18* .
12. *Coronavirus Cases:* 10,904,738
1. *The Russian new agencies believed that India is ready to sign a contract with Russia for the supply of large quantities of T-14 Armata main battle tanks.* Where there is no official statement came from both sides.
2. *Indian army chief express concerns over China’s BRI, lauds ties with Nepal, Bangladesh Highlighting the perils of China’s mega connectivity plans* like the belt and road initiative (BRI), Indian army chief General MM Naravane has said that the project aims to ‘create regional dependencies’.
3. *The parliamentary standing committee on defence has decided to visit the Galwan valley and Pangong Tso lake in the eastern Ladakh region,* which has been witness to a stand-off between the troops of India and China.
4. *India and Russia are expected to draw a road map during foreign secretary Harsh Shringla’s visit to Moscow next week* to boost strategic partnership across sectors including connectivity, shipping and infrastructure, besides traditional areas of defence, nuclear and energy.
5. *Looking for extra COVID-19 vaccines from India* : Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has confirmed that his country will be receiving COVID-19 vaccine supplies from India. Last week saw Justin Trudeau and Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaking to each other with the latter assuring the former of COVID-19 vaccine supplies.