1. *PM Modi inaugurated and laid foundation stone of various projects in Kochi Kerala yesterday.*
2. *PM Modi complimented the farmers in Tamilnadu for not only following water conservation methods but also for having a record food production throughout the history* : Launching more than 8000 crore Rupees worth projects in Chennai PM Modi said that India will continue its fight against Covid and make the world a better place to live in.
3. *The government has said that more than 80 lakh 52 thousand beneficiaries have been vaccinated for COVID-19 till date across the country.*
4. *The Union Culture Ministry is organising 11th edition of its Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) in West Bengal.* The events will be held in Cooch Behar on February 14-16; in Darjeeling on February 22- 24 and in Murshidabad on February 27-28.
5. *The Supreme Court on February 13, 2021 ruled that “the right to protest cannot be anytime and everywhere”.* Twelve activists had filed a review petition on October 2020 ruling of the top court terming the anti-citizenship law protests held at Shaheen Bagh in New Delhi to be illegal. The court refused to accept their review petition.
6. *The Supreme Court issued notice to the government and Twitter on a petition asking for a mechanism to check fake news and hate messages, seditious and incendiary content on Twitter and other social media platforms.*
7. *Didn’t forgive, won’t forget: CRPF pays tribute to Pulwama martyrs CRPF jawans who were killed in the terror attack in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on 14 February, 2019*
8. A major terrorist plan to set off an explosion at a crowded place Jammu on the second anniversary of the Pulwama attack was scuttled with the recovery of a powerful improvised explosive device (IED) 7 kg from a nursing student who was arrested along with three others.
9. *Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has released a statement which said that FASTag will be mandatory from Monday (January 15) on all the toll plaza lanes.* The vehicles without FASTags or without valid, functional FASTag entering will be penalised with double the cost of the toll assigned to the respective vehicle.
10. *Farmers’ protests:* Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait on Sunday said the farmers won’t let the Centre sit in peace till their demands are met.
11. The Congress has written to Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu for appointing *Mallikarjun Kharge to the post of Leader of Opposition* after Ghulam Nabi Azad’s retirement on February 15.
12. *Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani collapsed on stage on Sunday while addressing a rally for upcoming civic polls in Nizampura area of Vadodara*
13. *The price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas(LPG) domestic gas cylinder (14.2 kg) hiked by ₹50 per cylinder; to be at ₹769 per cylinder in Delhi from 12 am.*
14. *The Char Dham project in Uttarakhand* is strategically important as it is linked to the China border, Union minister Nitin Gadkari said on Thursday, asserting that the government would protect the environment in the Himalayan eco-sensitive region and also build the road.
15. *Rescue teams on Sunday recovered 13 more bodies, including the first ones to be pulled out from the sludge-choked Tapovan tunnel where a massive operation to reach about 30 people trapped inside began after a flash flood in Chamoli district a week ago.* taking the confirmed death toll in the Uttarakhand disaster to 51.
16. *A Delhi court on Sunday sent a 21-year-old climate activist Disha Ravi to five days police custody in connection with allegedly being involved in sharing a “toolkit” on social media related to the farmers’ protest.* She arrested by a Cyber Cell team of the Delhi Police from Bengaluru on Saturday.
17. A “toolkit” is a document created to explain any issue. It also provides information on what one needs to do to address the issue. This might include information about petitions, details about protests and mass movements. *The Cyber Cell had lodged an FIR against “pro-Khalistan” creators of the “toolkit” for waging a “social, cultural and economic war against the government of India”.*
18. *Three Arrested For Duping Delhi Chief Minister’s Daughter Of Rs 34,000 on February 7 while trying to sell a second-hand sofa online.*
19. *The Supreme Court had stayed a Rajasthan High Court order to schools affiliated to Central and State secondary education boards to collect only 60% of the tuition fee for the lockdown period.* The court allowed schools to collect the entire arrears in six monthly instalments from March to August 2021.
20. *Arms Licence Case Against Bollywood actor Salman Khan Dismissed by Jodhpur Court:* The matter is linked to a case against Salman Khan under the Arms Act, in which the actor had been accused of keeping arms with an expired licence and using these for poaching
21. The Union health ministry has issued new ‘Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to contain spread of COVID-19 in offices’ and according to these, if one or two cases are reported, the disinfection procedure will be limited to the areas occupied and visited by the patient in the last 48 hours.
22. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb has run into another controversy over his remarks on politics and policy* , and this time it is international politics. *He Says Amit Shah Shared Plans For BJP Expansion to Nepal, and Sri Lanka.*
2. *Congress leader Rahul Gandhi questioned the government over its agreement with China on disengagement in eastern Ladakh*.
3. He said that “Finger 4 is our territory, that is where our post used to be. Now we have moved from Finger 4 to Finger 3. Why has Prime Minister Narendra Modi given up Indian territory to the Chinese. This is the question that needs to be answered by him and the Defence minister,” Rahul Gandhi alleged.