1. *Basant Panchami and Saraswati Puja are being celebrated in different parts of the country yesterday* . President ,VP, and Prime Minister extend greetings
People, especially students worship Saraswati, the goddess of wisdom and knowledge on this occasion.
2. The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) has confirmed that “small deposits” of *uranium were found at* Kasha Kaladi in Shimla and Tileli in Mandi district of *Himachal Pradesh.*
3. *India has liberalised its regulations on geospatial data starting from February 15, 2021.* It has now allowed the private companies to conduct surveying and mapping without getting government approvals in advance.
4. *The Rajasthan government has amended the Rajasthan Prison Rules, 1951 recently.* The move was aimed to do away with the caste-based assignment of labour.
5. *Puducherry lieutenant governor Kiran Bedi was removed from her post on Tuesday night* amid a political crisis in the Union territory after the resignation of several Congress leaders from the V Narayanasamy government and just ahead of the assembly elections in April-May this year.
6. *To boost air connectivity to the region, the Airports Authority of India (AAI) has sent invitations from various airlines to operate smaller aircraft from the Kullu-Manali airport at Bhuntar.* The Kullu airstrip is suitable for smaller aircraft having 48 seats.
7. *Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar on Tuesday, warned citizens of another lockdown. Stating that most citizens were not wearing masks while travelling in local trains* , she said that people must adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
8. *PM Modi lays the foundation stone of Maharaja Suheldev Memorial and development work of Chittaura Lake, UP.*
9. *The Tata Electronics has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Tamil Nadu government in order to establish a facility to manufacture the mobile components.*
10. *The Union telecom ministry has decided to set up an intelligence unit and a consumer protection system.* These systems will be set up in the effort to tackle the threats associated with the pesky calls. It would also help in taking strict action against the financial frauds that happens using telecom resources.
11. *Indian Railways have cancelled several trains in the north—in Punjab particularly—in the wake of a railway blockade that farmers have called on February 18 to protest the three controversial agriculture laws.* Among the trains northern railways have cancelled are 05211 Darbhanga-Amritsar express beginning on February 16 and the return train, 05212 Amritsar-Darbhanga Express on February 17.
12. 45 people, including 20 women, were killed when a packed bus skidded off the road and plunged into a canal in Madhya Pradesh’s Sidhi district on Tuesday morning.
13. *A Delhi Court is likely to pronounce on Wednesday its verdict in M J Akbar’s criminal defamation complaint against journalist Priya Ramani for her allegations of sexual harassment against him.*
14. *Kerala Congress holds hunger strike against petrol price hike*
15. *Thunderstorm and hail are likely in isolated places in the interior districts of Maharashtra on Wednesday, the India Meteorological Department said.*
16. *The Karnataka Government on Tuesday laid down revised guidelines for international passengers arriving into the state announcing that all passengers, irrespective of their vaccination status would have to produce an RT-PCR negative certificate on arrival.*
17. Bollywood actress Dia Mirza dropped wedding with Vaibhav Rekhi as they tied the knot on Monday.
18. *The Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh, has launched the e-Chhawani portal.* With the launch of this portal, the residents of Cantonment areas can now register their complaints with respect to the civic issues. It can also be used to file online application for water and sewerage connection in a simpler manner.
19. *Assam Regiment & Arunachal Scouts of Indian Army now formally affiliated to IAF’s No 106 Squadron.*
20. *Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2021: Application window opens from February 22 on joinindiannavy.gov.in*
21. *Indian Navy gets third Scorpene submarine, to be commissioned as INS Karanj The Indian Navy got its third Scorpene submarine, which commissioned as INS Karanj, of Project P-75 on February 15, 2021 in Mumbai.*
22. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) has appointed Preeti Sinha as its Executive Secretary* . She is an Indian-origin investment and development banker.
2. *The Union External Affairs Minister, S. Jaishankar recently said that the Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project is in the final stages however,* the project was delayed because of various challenges.
3. *External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar on Monday pitched for connectivity from “The Arabian Sea to the South China Sea” even as India and Japan work together in tandem* . Speaking at an event in Guwahati.
4. India is working on a number of connectivity projects to connect northeast with East Asia–India-Myanmar-Thailand Trilateral Highway, with an aim to expand it to Vietnam via Laos. The Kaladan Multimodal transport link will provide North East access via Sittwe Project and the Paletwa Inland Water Terminal.
5. *Chinese warships in the Indian Ocean* , ostensibly to guard against pirates, have been increasingly aggressive in recent times. On January 27, three ships of the Chinese Navy– the Changsha, a modern guided-missile destroyer, the Yulin, a multi-role frigate, and the Hong Hu, a replenishment ship, were 438 nautical miles northwest of Kavaratti, in the Lakshadweep islands.
6. *India-China LAC disengagement:* 150 tanks and 5,000 Chinese PLA soldiers went back from Pangong Lake in eastern Ladakh.
7. *International pop star American singer Rihanna, has left Twitter stunned once again. The singer posted topless pictures of herself wearing a Ganesha neckpiece,* causing an outrage on Twitter. The shoot was for her lingerie brand Savage X Fenty.
*After supporting farmers’ protest, Rihanna tweeted a topless photo of herself on Tuesday, February 16, wearing a Ganesha necklace. Netizens lashed out at her for hurting their religious sentiments.*