1. *ISRO to launch Amazonia-1, 18 co-passenger satellites onboard PSLV-C51 on Feb 28* : Amazonia-1 is the optical earth observation satellite of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE).
2. *Puducherry has been placed under President’s rule days after the Congress-led government collapsed following multiple resignations.* The BJP and its allies did not stake claim to form government in the union territory, where polls are due in three months.
3. *The finance ministry has allowed all the private sector banks to participate in business related to government such as small savings schemes and collection of taxes pension payments.*
4. *The Union Government has announced that the second phase of COVID-19 vaccination will begin from March 1, 2021.* people aged above 60 years will get vaccinated. Further, as per the guidelines, those aged above 45 years and are having comorbidities (that means presence of one or more additional conditions that co-occurs with any primary condition) will also be vaccinated under the second phase.
5. *West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday driving an electric scooter in Howrah. As a mark of protest against the fuel price hike* , Banerjee waved at people on both sides of the road during the seven-km-long journey from Hazra More to the state secretariat.
6. *All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen’s (AIMIM) Kolkata wing on Thursday accused the Kolkata administration of “misusing power” for denying permission to party supremo Asaduddin Owaisi’s first rally in the poll-bound state.* The rally was scheduled to take place in the minority-dominated Metiabruz area of Kolkata – which falls in the parliamentary constituency represented by Abhishek Banerjee, nephew of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
7. *Himachal government allows paragliding, river rafting at new sites*
: Focus on Kullu, Kangra, Mandi, Chamba, Shimla.
8. *Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot assured that every family will get an insurance benefit of Rs 5 lakhs under the Universal Healthcare scheme in the state.*
9. *Activist Shantanu Muluk, one of the three main accused in the case involving an online document, or a “toolkit”, cannot be arrested till March 9.* A Delhi court granted him protection from arrest till March 9 after Delhi Police sought more time to file a detailed reply to Mr Muluk’s petition for a pre-arrest bail.
10. Cooking gas LPG price on Thursday was hiked by Rs 25 per cylinder across all categories, including subsidised fuel and those availed by Ujjwala scheme beneficiaries.
11. *Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Thursday slammed the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government over the hike in prices of fuel and gas* .
12. *Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Thursday reiterated that the central government is ready to talk to protesting farmers at any time.*
13. *Railways To Reactivate Unreserved Ticket Booking Through UTS Mobile App*. The facility was discontinued when the coronavirus-triggered lockdown was imposed in the country last year. Currently, Railways has operationalised almost 65% of its mail and express trains.
14. *Same-Sex Marriage Not A “Fundamental Right”, Centre Tells Delhi Court* : Marriage in India is not just a union of two individuals but an institution between biological man and woman, the Centre told the Delhi High Court today while opposing same-sex marriage.
15. *Metro- man E Sreedharan joined the saffron party at a meeting organised at Changaramkulam as the “Vijay Yatra” led by Kerala BJP chief K Surendran reached there on Thursday night*
16. A vehicle with gelatin sticks, an explosive material, was found parked near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s house in south Mumbai on Thursday evening
17. *Facebook, Netflix Face Fresh Scrutiny As India Announces New Rules* The new rules will require the likes of Facebook Inc. and Twitter Inc. to take down unlawful content quicker, Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said
18. As Maharashtra battles a surge in Covid, 229 cases have emerged from a single hostel in a school in Washim district. The school has been declared a containment zone after 225 students and four teachers tested positive.
19. *Tandav row: Allahabad high court on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail plea filed by the head of Amazon Prime Video’s India Originals Aparna Purohit, who has been accused of inappropriate depiction of Uttar Pradesh police personnel* , Hindu deities and an adverse portrayal of a character playing the prime minister in the web series Tandav.
20. *Defence Minister Rajnath Singh* he will go to Balurghat, West Bengal for a public meeting today.
(26th February) for a public meeting. It will be followed by a Road Show.
21. *The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel along with the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel on Thursday removed trees and boulders from the artificial lake formed after the flash flood in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district.* The death count in the Uttarakhand glacier burst incident has reached 70 after two more bodies were recovered from the debris.
22. *The Indian Army is likely to start using SAI (Secure Application for Internet), a messaging platform, for internal communications from April 1, Army chief General M M Naravane said* It is the equivalent of WhatsApp developed by Colonel Sai Shankar.
23. Malayalam Poet Vishnunarayanan Namboothiri Dies, PM Expresses Grief
Mr Namboothiri died in Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram at the age of 81.
24. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Primary satellite Amazonia-1 of Brazil and 18 co-passenger satellites onboard the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C51) are scheduled to be launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) Sriharikota Range (SHAR) on February 28,* the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said.
2. *India and Pakistan have agreed to strictly observe all agreements on ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) and other sectors.*
3. *The Subject Expert Committee (SEC) of the Indian drug regulator has asked pharma giant Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, the Indian manufacturer of Sputnik V, the Russia-developed coronavirus vaccine, for more data regarding its application for emergency use approval for the vaccine*.
4. *Covid Negative Report Mandatory For Passengers Flying To India: Air India Express*. It has also stated that the travellers are required to take coronavirus screening test “not more than 72 hours before departure”.
5. *Sri Lanka Receives 5,00,000 Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccines From India*
6. *Jeweller Nirav Modi, wanted for fraud and money laundering in the Rs 14,000-crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) loan scam, can be extradited to India, a UK judge ruled*, dismissing arguments like his mental health worsening during the pandemic and poor Indian prison conditions.
7. *China’s Xiaomi Adds Manufacturing Units In India To Boost Phone, TV Production*. China’s BYD and DBG will be the company’s new suppliers in India. DBG has a smartphone manufacturing unit in Haryana, BYD is setting up a plant in Tamil Nadu: Xiaomi.