1. *National Science Day being observed yesterday, (28 Feb) Vice President, Prime Minister greet the nation* : On this day in 1928, Sir CV Raman announced his path-breaking discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’.
2. *The India Toy Fair-2021’is being held from February 27 to March 2 in a virtual mode.* During the inaugural ceremony, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed the toy manufacturers to build toys that are better both for “ecology and psychology.” The toy fair is divided into five stages — pre-school to Class II, primary, upper primary, secondary and senior secondary.
3. *The health ministry announced that the registration on the Co-WIN 2.0 portal will open at 9 am on Monday (March 1).* In the third phase of the coronavirus vaccination drive which begins from March 1, the government is aiming to expand the vaccination drive to the general public of the nation, which include people with co-morbidities in the 45-59 years age group and senior citizens.
4. *The Central Board of Direct Taxes has extended the last date for availing of the direct tax Vivaad Se Vishwas dispute resolution scheme to March 31, 2021.* This is the fifth extension of the scheme. Those willing to settle their tax disputes under the Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Act can file their declarations till March 31 and pay the settled tax amount by April 30, 2021.
5. Farmers protesting against the three Central farm laws have announced a series of Mahapanchayats in March as the stalemate between the farmers and the government continues over the withdrawal of the laws.
6. Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad was all praises for PM Modi claiming that he was proud of him and respected that the BJP leader did not hide his ‘true self’. Speaking at a public event in Jammu.
7. *Shiv Sena leader and Maharashtra Forest Minister Sanjay Rathod, resigned on Sunday (February 28).*
8. *Tamil Nadu government on Sunday extended the COVID-19 lockdown till March 31 in the state*
9. *The Pune district administration on Sunday extended the night curfew and shutdown of schools till March 14.The essential services are exempted from the curfew.*
10. *An organisation named Jaish-ul-Hind has claimed the responsibility of placing an explosives-laden SUV near industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s house in south Mumbai.*
11. The AP government has invited POSCO India Private Limited, the Indian subsidiary of the Korean conglomerate POSCO, to establish a greenfield integrated steel plant at Krishnapatnam in the Nellore district.
12. *Filmfare Awards Marathi 2020,* one of the most prestigious film awards of Marathi cinema, is finally announced. The grand 5th Planet Filmfare Awards Marathi 2020 event was held at St. Andrews, Bandra, Mumbai, on February 28, Sunday. Deepak Dobriyal, Mukta Barve, and acclaimed film Anandi Gopal won the top honours at the ceremony.
13. *The ‘Sindhu Netra’ satellite developed by a team of young scientists from Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was successfully deployed in space on Sunday.* The satellite was launched using the Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) PSLV-C51 which took off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. Sindhu Netra’ surveillance satellite deployed in space, will help to monitor Indian Ocean Region.
14. *Army cancels pan-India recruitment exam after paper leak; 3 arrested* :
Exam for recruiting personnel for general duty was cancelled pan-India it was scheduled on Sunday.
15. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *PM Modi will receive the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award for his commitment to expanding India’s leadership in sustainable development to meet the country’s, and the world’s, future energy needs.* The award will be given to him during an annual international energy conference, which will be held virtually from March 1 to 5, 2021.
2. *The Indian Air Force aerobatic display teams, the fixed wing “Suryakirans’ and rotary wing ‘Sarang’ , along with Light Combat Aircraft Tejas arrived at Colombo, Sri Lanka, on 27 Feb 21 on an invitation from Air Marshal Sudarshana Pathirana, Commander of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF).* The Suryakirans, Sarang and LCA Tejas will participate in an Air Show at Galle Face, Colombo, scheduled from 03–05 Mar 21 as part of the 70th anniversary celebrations of SLAF.
3. *Aviation regulator, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has extended the suspension of international commercial passenger flight services till March 31st.* Scheduled international flight operations were suspended from March 23, 2020 in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
4. *Pakistan has arrested 17 Indian fishermen and confiscated their three boats for allegedly straying into the country’s territorial waters.* Fishermen who were 10-15 nautical miles inside Pakistan’s territorial waters near Sir Creek, the coastal border between Pakistan and India.
5. *Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launches the Brazilian satellite Amazonia-1 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, on Sunday.* Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated ISRO on the success of the first dedicated commerciallaunch mission of PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1.