1. *The nationwide COVID-19 Vaccination phase to cover senior citizens and people above 45 years with co-morbidities begins from Monday.*
2. *PM, Narendra Modi, takes first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on March 1, 2021 at AIIMS, New Delhi.*
3. Supreme Court judges and their family members will be administered their first jabs of COVID-19 vaccines on Tuesday.
4. *Protesting farmer leaders in the vulnerable age group Monday said they are not afraid of coronavirus and won’t take vaccine jabs, even as the second phase of vaccination drive got underway to inoculate senior citizens and those above 45 with underlying medical conditions.*
5. *The Union Minister for Social justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, will launch the “Sugamya Bharat App” in the virtual mode on March 2, 2021.* It is a Crowdsourcing Mobile Application which has been developed as a means to sensitise and enhance the accessibility within the 3 pillars of Accessible India Campaign namely- transportation sector, built environment and ICT ecosystem in India.
6. The Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Housing Affairs (MoHUA), Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, has launched the field assessment of Swachh Survekshan, 2021. It is the sixth edition of this annual cleanliness survey which is conducted by the Government of India.
7. *Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has requested the central government to construct a statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at Moirang where the Indian National Army (INA) flag was first hoisted.*
8. *LPG price hiked again by Rs 25; jet fuel price up 6.5%*. including subsidised fuel and those availed by Ujjwala scheme beneficiaries – the fourth increase in rates in a month’s time. LPG prices have gone up by Rs 125 per 14.2-kg cylinder since the beginning of February, A 14.2-kg cylinder in Delhi now costs Rs 819 as against Rs 794 at which they were supplied on Sunday.
9. *AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi on March 1 raised questions over the efficacy of Serum Institute’s Covishield vaccine, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi got the first shot of Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin.* Owaisi has claimed that Covishield is effective for those between 18 and 64 years and it isn’t effective for the ones above 64. He further asked the govt to clear the confusion.
10. *The existing restrictions due to coronavirus in Pune district of Maharashtra were extended till March 14*. These include restrictions on movement between 11 pm and 6 am for non-essential activities, as well as closure of educational institutions.
11. Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Monday (March 1) said that mandatory use of FASTag would help save about Rs 20,000 crore on fuel cost every year.
12. *Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Monday appointed strategist Prashant Kishor as his Principal Adviser.* Kishor will get the rank and status of a Cabinet minister. He will take a token honorarium of Re 1 as pay.
13. *Miss India Delhi 2019 Mansi Sehgal joins AAP*.
14. *The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to release the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021 results on its official website. Candidates who have appeared for the AISSEE 2021 will be able to check their results on the official website at aissee.nta.nic.in.* The entrance examination was conducted on February 7, 2021.
15. *The students who appeared for the entrance examination have to secure a minimum of 25% marks in each subject and a minimum of 40% aggregate marks to pass the Sainik School entrance exam 2021. Candidates qualifying for the written exams will be called for the medical examination. The final result is expected in April 2021.*
16. *The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CICSE) will conduct board exams for classes 10 and 12 from May 5 and April 8 respectively*.
17. *A Mumbai court on Monday (March 1) issued a bailable warrant against actor Kangana Ranaut after she failed to appear before it in connection with a defamation complaint filed against her by lyricist Javed Akhtar.*
18. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *A Chinese state-backed hacking group has in recent weeks targeted the IT systems of two Indian vaccine makers whose coronavirus shots are being used in the country’s immunisation campaign, cyber intelligence firm Cyfirma told .*
2. Amidst the tense border situation between India and China, a Chinese government-linked group of hackers targeted India’s critical power grid system through malware, a US company has said in its latest study, raising suspicion whether last year’s massive power outage in Mumbai was a result of the online intrusion.