1. *PM Modi greeted Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on his 62nd birthday on Friday* and lauded him for taking the state’s progress to “new heights”.
2. *The Assam Congress has come up with yet another big-ticket announcement ahead of the assembly elections – 50 per cent reservation in government jobs for women.* The party has also said that if it wins the polls, it will form a job-creation department.
3. The customs on Friday informed the Kerala high court that the gold and currency smuggling case accused Swapna Suresh had revealed the involvement of chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan, speaker of the legislative assembly.
4. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed for questioning on March 15 in connection with a money laundering case.
5. *The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the answer keys for the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2021 (AISSEE 2021) on its official website.* Candidates who appeared for the exam can visit the official website of AISSEE NTA — aissee.nta.nic.in — to check and download the answer keys. Direct link: aissee.nta.nic.in
6. *The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully conducted the successful flight test of the Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology on March 5, 2021*. The flight test was conducted from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
7. The Supreme Court on Friday (March 5) sought the Centre’s response on a plea challenging the constitutional validity of the guidelines in the Blood Donor Selection and Blood Donor Referral, 2017, which prohibit transgender persons, gay men and female sex workers from donating blood, as they are considered a high-risk category as being HIV/AIDS infected.
8. *The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) named 33 people, including actress Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik, in a chargesheet filed before a special court in Mumbai in a case related to the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput last year.* The chargesheet accuses Ms Chakraborty of being part of a “drug syndicate” and claims she was part of a conspiracy to procure and supply drugs.
9. *A three-day Combined Commanders’ Conference begins from Friday at Kevadia in Gujarat.* Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will address the top commanders of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.
10. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi hold the virtual summit with his Swedish counterpart, Stefan Lofven on March 5, 2021.* Both the Prime Ministers exchanged their views on the global and regional issues. They also be discussed the bilateral relations between both the countries.
2. *The first consignment of ‘red rice’ was flagged off on March 4, 2021 to the United States.* This adds on to the India’s rice exports potential. The rice was sourced by leading rice exporter called ‘LT Foods’.
3. *The World food prices have increased for the ninth consecutive month in February 2021.* This increase is the at its highest level since July 2014. The Food and Agriculture Organisation stated that the food prices have increased because of jumps in prices of sugar and vegetable oils. The food price index measures the monthly changes for a basket containing the cereals, dairy products, oilseeds, meat and sugar.
4. *India and 17 countries face U.S. Anti-Dumping Tax* : The United States Department of Commerce is all set to tax aluminium sheet exporters from the 18 countries including India after the department determine that these countries had benefited from subsidies and dumping. When a country or company exports any product at a price which is lower in the foreign importing market as compared to the price in the domestic market of the exporters is called as Dumping.
5. Sri Lanka Air Force got first hand feel of India’s indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft Tejas as Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy participate in their 70th anniversary in Colombo.
6. *India Calls For Probe Into Use Of Chemical Weapons In Syria: India at the UNSC urged the countries not to link humanitarian and development assistance with politics.* India called for an objective investigation into the alleged use of chemical weapons and also urged the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) to remain cognizant of the dangers of weapons of mass destruction falling into the hands of terrorist groups.
7. The US has condemned terrorists who seek to infiltrate across the Line of Control (LoC) between India and Pakistan, calling on all the parties to reduce tensions along the frontiers by returning to the 2003 ceasefire commitments between the two countries.
8. *A new cultural centre of the High Commission of India was inaugurated by the External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar in Dhaka.*