1. *A State Bank of India’s report highlights that, the pan-India Prices of fuels will drop if the petrol and diesel are brought under the GST regime to ₹75 and ₹68 a litre, respectively.*
2. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with the SBI Payments have announce to launch the ‘RuPay SoftPoS’ for millions of Indian merchants. This technology will be helpful in transforming the NFC enabled smartphones into merchant Point of Sale (PoS) terminals for retailers.
3. *Farmer leaders on Saturday said the protesting unions stand firm on their demand of a complete repeal of the three agri laws and asserted that they are ready for talks with the government, but that should be held without any condition*.
4. *Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said the government is ready to amend three new farm laws to respect the sentiments of protesting farmers* , even as he attacked opposition parties for doing politics on this issue at the cost of agriculture economy and by hurting farmers’ interest.
5. *The Union Health Ministry has approved administration of COVID-19 vaccine to dependents of armed forces personnel as well as veterans in service hospitals.*
6. *Government has constituted a National Committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of Independence day which falls on 15th August 2022 in a befitting manner at national and international level in the form of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav* . The committee has 259 members.
7. Varavara Rao, the 81-year-old poet-activist who has been in jail for over two years in the Koregaon-Bhima case, walked out of the Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital late Saturday after being granted bail for six months by the Bombay High Court on medical grounds
8. *The Indian Medicines Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited (IMPCL) and the Government e-Market (GeM) portal has inked a deal under which the IMPCL will now sell its products on the e-Market (GeM) portal of the government* .
9. Former Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat on Saturday pulled an autorickshaw with a rope from the Congress Bhawan to Gandhi Park in Dehradun in protest against the hike in prices of fuel and LPG cylinder.
10. *A night curfew was imposed in Punjab’s four districts from Saturday to tackle a recent surge in coronavirus cases.* Jalandhar, SBS Nagar, Hoshiarpur and Kapurthala.
11. *The state of Madhya Pradesh has introduced the night safaris in the three national parks in Madhya Pradesh.* This move by the state is a major boost for the state which is already known for its robust tourism industry.
12. *The Congress on Saturday released its first list of candidates for West Bengal elections starting later this month, naming 13 contenders for the first two of the eight-phase polls* . West Bengal will hold elections in a record eight rounds between March 27 and April 29. Votes will be counted on May 2 along with four other states that are going to polls.
13. *The DMK has decided to allot 25 seats to ally Congress for next month’s elections in Tamil Nadu*
14. *The BJP has fielded former TMC leader and once close confidante of Mamata Banerjee, Suvendu Adhikari against the Chief Minister in high-stakes Nadigram Assembly constituency in poll-bound West Bengal.*
15. Noted Kannada poet, critic and translator N S Lakshminarayana Bhatta died on Saturday. He was 84 and was suffering from age-related ailments
16. *Over 2.06 Crore Covid Vaccine Doses Administered In India So Far:* Union Health Ministry said on Saturday. The nationwide vaccination drive against COVID-19 was rolled out on January 16 with healthcare workers, while frontline workers stated receiving vaccine shots from February 2. Providing the second dose of COVID-19 shots started on February 13.
17. *The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Saturday (March 6) declared the final results of the National Defence Academy (NDA) and the Naval Academy Examination (NAE) exams.* A total of 533 candidates have qualified on the basis of the results of the written examination held on September 6, 2020 and the subsequent Interviews.
18. *Delhi govt approves formation of separate school education board*:
The new Board will have a governing body headed by Education Minister of Delhi Government. There are around 1,000 Delhi government schools and about 1,700 private schools, most of them affiliated to the CBSE, in the city.
19. PM Modi on Saturday addressed the Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia.
20. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama was administered the first dose of anti-coronavirus vaccine at Zonal Hospital Dharamsala on Saturday morning*
2. The body of the young man Govinda Singh, 24, was shot at Thursday in a village in Nepal near the India-Nepal border. allegedly killed in firing by the Nepalese Police was handed over to Indian authorities after several rounds of talks following which his family performed the last rites in Pilibhit.
3. *India steers clear of criticising Myanmar military* Hours before the United Nations Security Council met for the second time to discuss the situation in Myanmar, India on Friday said that it has been discussing the situation with partner countries and the issues in the country should be resolved through peaceful manner.
4. *Uzbekistan Airlines Announces Direct Flights Between Delhi and Tashkent Under Air Bubble Pact, India recently signed air bubble arrangement with Uzbekistan, increasing the number of countries under air bubble agreement to 27.*