1. *Indian Railways has launched an integrated “Rail Madad Helpline number 139”. This helpline number can be used for all type of queries.*
2. *The HDFC Bank has launched the “SmartUp Unnati mentoring Programme”. This programme was launched to provide its support to the women entrepreneurs*.
3. *The second part of the Budget Session of Parliament commenced on Monday (March 8).* The second leg of the session will conclude on the 8th of next month.
4. Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla met women parliamentarians and women journalists, on the occasion of International Women’s Day, in Parliament House Complex on Monday.
5. *The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, laid down the foundation stone for conservation works of Singorgarh Fort at the Singrampur village of Damoh district in Madhya Pradesh on March 7, 2021* .
6. Asaduddin Owaisi’s All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen has sealed a poll alliance with TTV Dhinakaran’s Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam for the upcoming Tamil Nadu election.
7. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat arrived in New Delhi on Monday and met central Bharatiya Janata Party leaders amid speculation that the party is mulling political changes in the state.
8. Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Monday asserted that women are safe in West Bengal but not in Bharatiya Janata Party-ruled states like Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh, while claiming that a day will come when the country will be named after PM Modi.
9. Times Now-C-Voter opinion poll has projected that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is likely to form the government in Puducherry by grabbing 18 of the total 30 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections due to take place on April 6.
10. *A Delhi court has held Indian Mujahideen terrorist Ariz Khan guilty in connection with the Batla House encounter case.* Encounter specialist and Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma, who led the police action, was also killed during the operation.
11. *Punjab Budget: Old-age pension increased to Rs 1,500 from 750; free travel for women in govt buses*
12. *JEE Main Result 2021 for February session exam is declared at jeemain.nta.nic.in.* Candidates who have appeared in the entrance exam for admission to B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, or B. Planning can now check their NTA scores online.
13. seven people were killed in an inferno in a multi-storeyed New Koilaghat building on Strand Road which houses the zonal offices of Eastern and South Eastern Railways Kolkata. Out of them, four were firefighters, one assistant sub-inspector posted at the Hare Street police station and one Railway Protection Force personnel.
14. *On Monday, 14,30,954 beneficiaries were vaccinated for 1st dose and 2,65,634 healthcare workers and frontline workers received the second dose of vaccine according to provisional report*
15. The Opposition’s persistent protest over rising fuel prices led to adjournment of both Houses of Parliament without transacting any legislative business on Monday.
16. *Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty, who joined the BJP on Sunday, has given a new colour to the West Bengal Assembly election*
17. *CISF nabs four passengers for travelling on forged documents at IGI Airport,* New Delhi noticed suspicious activities of two passengers later identified as Ugharej Roshan Jeevan, aged about 46 yrs. (Passport No.U8928641, Indian) and Ugheraj Asha Roshan, aged about 43 yrs (Passport No.U8929917, Indian), who were supposed to travel to Sharjah by Indigo airlines flight 6E-8213 (STD 0055 hrs).
18. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *The Indian Naval Ships are all set to make the first-ever visit to historic port town of Mongla in Bangladesh.* The ships will make part of the ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ celebration which will be commemorating 50 years of the 1971 liberation war against Pakistan. The celebrations will be held from March 8 to March 10, 2021.
2. *PM Modi, will inaugurate the ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh via video conferencing today (on March 9, 2021)* . He will also inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of several infrastructure projects in Tripura on the occasion.
3. *India-Pakistan pact on ceasefire observance elicits positive response, no violence at LoC in over a week.*