1. *Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said that the new land licensing fee (LLF) policy for the Indian Railways has been cleared by the ministry and that it will soon get the approval from Union Cabinet as well* .
2. *The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN) on March 10, 2021 as a single non-lapsable reserve fund.*
3. *Maharashtra government on Wednesday imposed night curfew in two districts Kalyan Dombivli and Nandurbar, while Dhule district administration has called for a four-day janata curfew which comes into effect from March 10.*
4. *Tirath Singh Rawat* , *leader chosen as Uttarakhand Chief Minister*. He was the first education minister of Uttarakhand after the formation of the state. He contested and won the assembly elections from the Chaubattakhal constituency. He went on to become the state BJP president from 2013 to 2015.
5. *Union minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs Anurag Thakur on Wednesday became the first serving MP and Minister to become Captain in the Territorial Army as a regular Commissioned Officer.* The four time BJP MP from Himachal Pradesh’s Hamirpur was commissioned into the Territorial Army as a Lieutenant by the then Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Dalbir S Suhag TA in July 2016.
6. The Territorial Army that is the second line of defence in the heirarchy, comprises volunteers who are imparted military training for about a month in a year. TA can be pressed into national service in case of any emergency.
7. *Why No Women In National Defence Academy?’: Top Court Notice To Centre*
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the country’s joint military training institution for producing junior leaders for the armed forces.
8. Denial of admission for women to the National Defence Academy has been challenged by a petitioner in the Supreme Court, which has asked the centre to respond to it. The petition filed by Kush Kalra, an advocate, said women being not allowed admission to the National Defence Academy (NDA) is a violation of fundamental right of equality and right to practice a profession
9. *Actor and politician Kamal Haasan, as he announced his outfit Makkal Needhi Maiam’s first list of 70 candidates for the upcoming assembly polls*
10. West Bengal minister Bachchu Hansda and Tehatta MLA Gouri Sankar Dutta joined the BJP on Wednesday after being denied nominations for the assembly polls by the Trinamool Congress.
11. Punjab Vidhan Sabha on Wednesday passed a resolution condemning ED raid at MLA Sukhpal Khaira’s house and terming it as unwarranted and unconstitutional.
12. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee alleged on Wednesday that she was attacked by “four-five men” who manhandled her during the election campaign in Nandigram, because of which she was injured in the left leg.
13. *The Congress party lost the no-confidence motion it moved against the alliance government of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) government on Wednesday (March 10).* The motion was defeated as 55 members of the assembly voted against it, while only 32 opposition members backed it.
14. *Bharat bandh on March 26, farmers’ unions call for strike as their protest completes four months*
15. National Commission for Women celebrates International Women’s Day 2021, Smriti Irani hails PM Modi’s initiatives for women welfare.
16. *Awantipora police along with 50 RR and CRPF busted terror modules of proscribed terror outfits JeM and LeT and arrested seven terrorist associates.* A huge quantity of explosive material, detonators, grenades and a Maruti car was seized from their possession.
17. The Centre on Wednesday accorded ‘Y+’ VIP security cover to popular Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty who recently joined the BJP.
18. *The Indian Navy has inducted into service the third Scorpene-class conventional diesel-electric submarine called INS Karanj on March 10, 2021.*
19. INS Karanj is the part of Six Scorpene submarines which are being built under Project-75. It was built by Mazagon Dock Limited which has also taken up the other projects. The submarine was built under technology transfer from the Naval Group of France for which a dollar 3.75 billion deal was signed in October 2005. But the project is delayed by four years because of delay in construction.
20. *The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country crossed 2.52 crore* with 9.22 lakh jabs given on Wednesday till 7 pm, the Union health ministry said.
1. *The Defense Secretary of United States Lloyd Autin will be on a visit to India from March 19 to 21 as part of his first overseas travel* . This is the first in-person visit of any administrator of President Joe Biden to India since he took charge as the new US President two months ago.
2. *Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla has said that energy connectivity is one of the most dynamic sectors of cooperation in India’s relationship with Bangladesh.*
3. India-Bangladesh cooperation in hydrocarbons’ sector is diversifying into the entire value chain of the oil and gas sector. The bilateral hydrocarbon trade was USD 337.3 million in 2019-20 further registering an impressive USD 322.32 million in the period April-November 2020.
4. A World Bank report on the challenges and opportunities of transport integration in Eastern South Asia says that seamless transport connectivity between India and Bangladesh has the potential to increase national income of Bangladesh by 17 percent and 8 percent in India.