1. *President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and other tall leaders of the country extended wishes to the countrymen on the occasion of Holi.*
2. *Ambitious Shimla ropeway project* : The Ropeway and Rapid Transport System Development Corporation (RRTSDC) will open technical bids for its ambitious passenger ropeway system for the city on April 6.
3. *The Tripura government on Sunday imposed restrictions on movement of motorcycles with one or more pillion riders in Agartala and the West Tripura* district to “stop rowdy elements from disturbing the law-and-order situation in the city on the occasion of Holi”.
4. *The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an orange alert for Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura for March 30-31 with a forecast of rain and thunderstorms over these northeastern states.*
5. The Kerala High Court on Monday allowed the state government to distribute rice to non-priority ration card holders through ration shops. The Court gave the directive in the state government plea challenging a recent State Election Commission order to halt the proposed distribution of rice to the “blue” and ”white” card holders in view of the election model code of conduct.
6. *Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa said there would be no lockdown or curfew.* The daily average of new COVID-19 cases in Bengaluru has reached around 1,377 while the city recorded 16,921 cases in just the last 14 days.
7. *5 Maoists Carrying Bounty Worth Lakhs Killed In Maharashtra Gadchiroli SP Ankit Goyal told reporters that C-60 commandos had received the information that Maoists are gathering in a large number in Tipagarh forest area.*
8. *CBI Summons Alleged Mastermind Anup Manjhi In Bengal Coal-Mining Case On March 30:*
Anup Majhi has been asked to appear before CBI at 11 am on Tuesday at the agency’s Nizam Palace Office in Kolkata.
9. A sword-wielding mob consisting of people from the Sikh community on Monday (March 29) attacked policemen after they refused to let them carry out a religious procession in Gurudwara in Maharashtra’s Nanded.
I0. *NCP chief Sharad Pawar will undergo surgery at a hospital* after it was diagnosed that he has gall bladder issue, a minister of his party in the Maharashtra government said.
11. *Security forces have seized a cache of arms and ammunition* , including five AK assault rifles, from an area close to the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district, an army official said on Monday.
12. *Delhi reeled under a “severe heatwave” on the day of Holi, as the maximum temperature shot up to 40.1 degrees Celsius,* making it the hottest day in March in 76 years, the India Meteorological Department said
13. Militants shoot dead councillor, his security guard in J-K’s Sopore
Militants open fire on BDC member Reyaz Ahmad and his security guard Shafat Ahmad outside the municipality office in Sopore
14. *Indian Army Recruitment 2021 Rally* : The Indian Army is holding recruitment rally for various posts including Soldier General Duty, Soldier Nursing Assistant, Soldier Clerk, and Soldier Tradesman and Soldier Technical in multiple departments. Those interested in the Indian Army recruitment are advised to apply on the official website.
1. India and the United States have agreed to revamp the strategic energy partnership to reflect the new priorities of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Joe Biden with a focus on promoting clean energy with low-carbon pathways and accelerating green energy cooperation.
2. *No Food, Shelter For Myanmar Refugees: Order From Manipur Government* : The Manipur government has issued an order barring local authorities and the civil society from offering food and shelter to refugees from Myanmar. According to the order, only medical attention can be provided in case of “grievous injuries” on “humanitarian consideration”
3. *China said that it was “pleased over Pakistan’s “positive interactions” with India and it will work with Islamabad to “inject” positive energy into regional peace, stability and development.*
4. The militaries of India and Pakistan announced on February 25 that they have agreed to strictly observe all agreements on ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir and other sectors.
5. *Three Rafale fighter jets are flying from France to India on Wednesday evening with key ally United Arab Emirates Air Forces Airbus 330 multi-role transport tankers providing mid-air refuelling over the Gulf of Oman. The Rafale fighters will join the Golden Arrows Squadron in Ambala, taking the squadron strength to 14.*