1. *The Supreme Court said persons above 18 years of age are free to choose their religion* as it refused to entertain a plea seeking directions to the Centre and states to control black magic and religious conversion.
2. The Supreme Court on Friday asked the Centre to deposit in its account the Rs 10 crore compensation given by the Italian government for the kin of the fishermen killed by Italian marines off the coast of Kerala in 2012.
3. Three labourers died and two others were seriously injured while dousing a fire that broke out in the Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Reserve (NNTR) in Gondia district of Maharashtra
4. *National Conference leader Omar Abdullah has tested positive for the coronavirus* . In a tweet, he said he was asymptomatic and was under home isolation. Mr Abdullah’s father Farooq Abdullah had tested positive last month and has been undergoing treatment at a hospital in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar.
5. *Himachal Pradesh cabinet meeting: All educational institutions to remain closed till April 21*
6. Launching a fresh offensive, the Congress demanded answers from PM Modi over charges of a “middleman” in the Rafale fighter jet deal and sought an independent probe into the matter.
8. *YS Sharmila, sister of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, on Friday said she would float a political party in Telangana* .
9. *U’khand CM takes 51 temples out of Devasthanam board’s control* : Reversing his predecessor’s decision, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat on Friday decided to remove the management of 51 temples from the control of the Char Dham Devasthanam Board and reconsider its formation.
10. Further strengthening its deployments along the Northern borders, the Indian Army is adding around 10,000 more troops to its only mountain strike corps responsible for looking after offensive operations along the China border.
11. *People working with electronic and print media will not require e-passes for travelling in the national capital during the night curfew between 10 pm to 5 am.*
12. *Seven terrorists gunned down by security forces in two encounters in J&K’s Shopian, Pulwama Seven militants,* including terror outfit Ansar Ghazwatul Hind chief Imtiaz Ahmad Shah, were gunned down by security forces in two encounters in Jammu and Kashmir’s Shopian and Pulwama districts.
13. *Kangana Ranaut upcoming biopic ‘Thalaivi’, which was scheduled to hit the screens on April 23, 2021,* has been postponed amid a surge in the coronavirus cases across the country. The makers of the film have released an official statement.
14. *This year Ramzan or Ramadan begins on April 13.* The Ramadan date however depends on the sighting of the crescent moon locally.
15. Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat has tested coronavirus positive and he has been admitted to a private hospital in Nagpur.
1. *The International Monetary Fund recently announced that the debt to GDP ratio of India increased from 74% to 90% due to COVID-19 crisis. This is to increase to 99% in 2021*
2. *PM Modi holds virtual summit with his Netherlands counterpart* : PM Modi added that establishment of fast track mechanism for investment promotion also gives new momentum to strong economic cooperation between the two countries.
3. Bhutan and China have agreed to hold the much-delayed 25th round of bilateral boundary talks, almost five years after the last meeting was held and in the wake of a fresh claim by Beijing in the eastern sector that borders India’s Arunachal Pradesh state.
4. *Nepal foreign minister Pradeep Gyawali on Friday raised the delay in delivery of a million doses of made-in-India Covid-19 vaccines* during a phone conversation with his Indian counterpart S Jaishankar.
5. *Pakistan Army discusses situation along border with India*
The Pakistan Army’s top brass on Thursday discussed the situation along the border with India, including the Line of Control, after an agreement to restore the ceasefire agreement.
6. SpiceXpress, the cargo arm of SpiceJet airline, started operating regular freighter flights on Delhi-Bangkok and Mumbai-Bangkok routes from Friday. “The airline has deployed its Boeing 737-80F aircraft on these routes.
7. Indian Army chief Gen MM Naravane on Friday paid tribute to Bangladesh’s founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by visiting the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum. Gen Naravane, who is on a five-day official tour, visited the museum along with his wife Veena Naravane.