1. *Teeka Utsav is being organized across the country from today to fight against the surging COVID-19 cases.* The mass vaccination programme will be conducted till 14th of this month. 11th April is the birth anniversary of Jyotiba Phule and 14th is the birth anniversary of Baba Saheb Ambedkar.
2. *Sikkim & Tripura Present Annual Action Plan For Providing Tap Water Connection To All Rural Households Under Jal Jeevan Mission*
3. NITI Aayog is to launch Online Dispute Resolution handbook. It is an invitation to business leaders to adopt Online Dispute resolution.
4. The Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently launched a fourteen day “Mask Abhiyan” initiative to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
5. *Rajasthan govt imposes night curfew in 9 cities till April 30 to curb pace of COVID-19 infection*
6. Markets and commercial establishments will be closed at 7 PM. At the same time, night curfew to be imposed in Udaipur from 6 PM. Markets and establishments will be closed there at 5 PM. These orders will remain in force till 30 April.
7. The Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has urged CII to spread awareness about the one stop digital portal for new licensing that it had launched last July. Col Pramod Shahaji Dahitule, regional director, eastern region, FSSAI said this at the 6th Food Processing Conclave organised by CII on Friday.
8. *The Maharashtra government weighed on the possibility of a complete lockdown as the COVID-19 situation in the state remains grim.* Though last week, stricter restrictions and complete weekend lockdown was announced after a cabinet meeting the state is now mulling a complete lockdown. On Saturday, Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray headed an all-party meeting to discuss the crisis and a proposal of a complete lockdown for 15 days was also floated.
9. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday raided seven locations in Hyderabad and recovered Rs 3 crore in cash, jewelery and property documents. The ED raids were conducted in a money laundering case related into Telangana IMS (Insurance Medical Services) ESI Department. The raids started early Saturday morning and continued till late in the night
10. *India’s cumulative COVID-19 vaccination coverage nears 10 crore* : The Health and Family Welfare Ministry informed that over nine crore eighty lakh doses of Covid-19 vaccine been already been administered to beneficiaries across the country. In the last 24 hours, over 34 lakh doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been inoculated to the beneficiaries.
11. Popular television and film actor Satish Kaul, who played Lord Indra’s role in BR Chopra’s epic show ‘Mahabharat’ died in Ludhiana on April 10, 2021. The actor breathed his last on Saturday and battled COVID-19 complications. He was 74.
12. Questioning the central forces’ version of firing on voters in self-defence in Cooch Behar that killed four people, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said her government will initiate a CID probe into the incident. Four people were killed as central forces opened fire allegedly after coming under attack from locals, who “attempted to snatch their rifles”, police said.
13. Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday said the government had mismanaged the Covid situation by allowing vaccine exports and creating shortage in the country, even as Congress-ruled Punjab and Chhattisgarh said they had five and three days of vaccine stocks left, respectively.
1. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) celebrated its 71st Foundation Day on Friday. Swami Vivekanand Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Beijing celebrated ICCR Foundation Day today in the presence of a huge gathering of ICCR scholars in China and their disciples who learnt Indian dance and music.
2. *India and Japan are planning to hold a ‘2+2′ format meeting of foreign and defence ministers in Tokyo later this month*
3. India and China military-level talks have focused on working together to pull back troops, weapons and war-waging equipment from friction points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.
4. A statement of the Indian Ministry of Defence issued on Saturday evening detailed the outcome of the meeting of military commanders which took place yesterday