1. *PM Modi will participate in the World Environment Day event on 5th June 2021 at 11 AM via video conferencing* . The event is being jointly organized by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas and the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The theme for this year’s event is ‘promotion of biofuels for better environment
2. CBSE has collaborated with Microsoft to introduce Coding for classes 6-8 and Data Science curriculum for classes 8-12 as new skilling subjects in the 2021-2022 academic session.
3. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad, Telanagana has developed nano-fibre based oral tablets of Amphotericin B, called as AmB. This will treat fungal infections found recently in COVID patients.
4. After the 3-member panel meeting set up by the Congress high command. Captain Amarinder Singh will continue to remain by the Punjab CM. Meanwhile, Navjot Sidhu may be appointed as the Dy CM.
5. Trinamool Congress is yet to take a call on Ghar wapsi (return home) by former Trinamool Congress leaders who had joined the BJP ahead of the recently concluded assembly elections which the WB CM Mamata Banerjee-led party swept.
6. Punjab government asked Private hospitals to return all stock meant for the 18-44 age group.
7. The Centre has asked all states to set up special search committees to find out talented & Caliber people who could be nominated for Padma awards but so far have been left out of consideration despite their exceptional contributions.
8. Former Telangana Minister and CM K Chandrasekhar Rao’s former aide Eatala Rajender announced his resignation from TRS as well as the Assembly. A founder member of TRS, Rajender played a key role in the Telangana statehood movement. While he served as the state’s Finance Minister during KCR’s first term as the Chief Minister.
9. Chemical and Fertilizers Minister D V Sadananda Gowda has said that an additional 1.21 lakh vials of Amphotericin-B have been allocated to all the States, UTs and Central Institutions.
10. *Inspiration/Motivation* : Social activist and Sarpanch of Ranmala village in Maharashtra allow their 8 acre land to be used for cremation of COVID patients.
11. Chandigarh magistrate imposed weekend curfew in the union territory. There shall be no curb on inter-State movement of essential and non-essential goods
12. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman holds virtual meeting with senior govt officials to discuss infrastructure roadmap. The meeting was attended by the Finance Secretary, Secretary Department of Economic Affairs, Secretary Department of Public Enterprises, Secretary Ministry of Power, Chairman, Railway Board, CMDs and CEOs of CPSEs of these two Ministries.
13. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), launched a designated COVID-19 vaccination centre at the arrival of Terminal 3. It will provide an opportunity for vaccination at the workplace to employees of various stakeholders working as part of the Delhi Airport’s ecosystem.
14. *The Centre has assured to include Tamil language in the CoWIN app* facility after an appeal from Tamilnadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin.
15. *Delhi high court on Friday dismissed bollywood actress Juhi Chawla’s lawsuit challenging the setting up of 5G wireless networks in the country* & slapped a cost of Rs 20 lakh on her and co-petitioners by describing the plea as ‘defective’. The court said the suit filed by actress-environmentalist and others was to gain publicity which was clear as Chawla circulated .
16. Sushant Singh Rajput’s friend Siddharth Pithani sent to 14-day judicial custody in drug case linked to the actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death.
17. *Union Education Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said that keeping the safety and security of the students on priority, National Institute of Open Schooling NIOS has cancelled class 12 examinations.*
18. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved the Navy’s proposal for construction of 6 submarines at an approximate cost of Rs 43,000 cr.
1. *Govt. of India extends visa validity of stranded foreign nationals till August 31st 2021* :: Indian visa or stay stipulation period of such foreign nationals stranded in India will be considered as deemed to be valid till 31st August 2021 on gratis basis without levy of any overstay penalty. These foreign nationals will not be required to submit any application to the FRRO or FRO concerned for extension of their visas.
2. *India to observe 1 day State Mourning on Saturday(05 June) as mark of respect to former President and PM of Mauritius Anerood Jugnauth* : President Ram Nath Kovind and PM Modi expressed sadness at the demise of former President and Prime Minister of Mauritius. Prez. Kovind said that Sir Anerood Jugnauth was a global statesman, a visionary leader, a Padma Vibhushan and an extraordinary friend of India.
3. The UK medicines regulator approved the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for 12 to 15 year olds, saying it is ‘safe and effective’ in this age group and the benefits outweigh any risks.
4. *Serum Institute gets DCGI nod to manufacture Sputnik V vaccine in India* : SII has collaborated with Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Moscow in Russia for developing Sputnik V.