Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai held a video conference with Deputy Commissioners of 11 rain affected districts today.
The Chief Minister obtained details on the damages caused by incessant rains and floods in the state since June 1.
Crop losses :
Agricultural crops destroyed in 3499 hectares of land.
Horticultural crops destroyed in 2057 hectares.
Houses damaged :
Houses completely destroyed–2430.
Houses partially damaged–4378.
Loss of Life :
Human lives lost–39.
Death of livestock—99.
Damage to Roads :
1730 kms of roads damaged.
5419 kms of rural roads damaged.
Electric Poles :
11796 Electric Poles fallen.
759 Transformers damaged.
Highlights of the Meeting
* All the lakes and irrigation tanks are full due to incessant rains.Take precautions to prevent breach of tank bunds.
* Take up rescue and rehabilitation works on a war footing.
* Take measures to restore road connectivity in Dakshina Kannada,Uttara Kannada and Udupi districts.
* Conduct immediate joint survey of houses destroyed.In areas prone to landslides,shift the people to safer places.
* Submit a report on water inundating commerical complexes in Bhatkal,Sullia and other places.
* Be alert for contingency action in areas prone to landslides in Kodagu district.
* Officials should respond immediately during flood emergencies to provide relief for the affected people to convey a message that the government is responding to their plight.
* The DCs should ensure that there is no delay in releasing compensation.
* Obtain preliminary reports on houses damaged from EOs of taluks.
* Tahsildars should ensure all the arrangements at Care Centres and the DCs should supervise it.
* Necessary additional grants would be released for Mysuru,Davangere and Udupi districts.
* Prepare the estimates for the repair of the damaged fishing boats.
* All the departments should work in coordination in taking up relief and rehabilitation work.
Chief Secretary Vandita Sharma, Additional Secretary in the department of Finance INS Prasad and other senior officials were present.