KARNATAKA COVID-19 Compensation Announcements
COVID-19 Compensation Announcements.
1. People from all sections of society are facing financial difficulties due to lockdown of more than 1 1⁄2 months.
2. Flower growers have destroyed their flowers following lack of demand for their produce due to lock down. It is estimated that farmers cultivated flowers in about 11,687 hectares. Realising flower growers problems, Government has decided to announce compensation of Rs.25,000/- per hectare limited to the maximum extent of one hectare for the flower growers who have suffered crop loss.
3. Farmers who have grown vegetables and fruits due to lock down were not able to market their produce. Government has decided to announce a relief package for these farmers.
4. Covid-19 not only affected farmers, but also affected the service professionals such as barbers and washer men (dhobis) both in urban and rural areas. Govt. has decided to provide one time compensation of Rs.5,000/- each to benefit about 60,000 washer men (dhobis) and about 2,30,000 barbers.
5. Auto Rickshaw and Taxi drivers have lost their income due to lockdown. It is decided to help about 7,75,000 Auto & Taxi drivers by providing one time compensation of Rs.5,000/- each.
6.MSMEs have also suffered huge production losses due to lockdown. It takes some time for them to revive. Hence Government has decided to come to rescue of MSMEs. The monthly fixed charges of electricity bills of MSMEs will be waived for two months.
7. Payment of fixed charges in the Electricity bills of the large industries will be deferred without penalty and interest for a period of two months.