The Chief Minister’s Video Conference held on 31-7-2021 with DCs of Border Districts
1. The Chief Minister held a video conference with District Commissioners of Chamarajanagar, Mysuru, Kodagu, Dakshina Kannada, Udupi, Shivamogga as there is a surge in the Covid cases. Detailed discussions were held regarding oxygen supply, availability of medicines, precautionary measures and testing at borders.
2. Covid 2nd wave has been controlled in one and a half month’s time with maximum effort. Precautions have to be taken to control the cases.
3. Testing at interstate border check posts has been intensified. RTPCR negative and two doses of vaccine is mandatory
4. Check posts at the borders should be tightened. Deploy senior officers. DySP, Assistant Commissioners, Doctors and other staff must work 24/7
5. DCs and SPs must inspect once in two days and submit a report to Chief Secretary.
6. The CM instructed officials to be on high alert at the borders in the wake of surge in positivity rate and increase in the number of people admitted to hospitals in Dakshina Kannada district.
7. He also directed officials to conduct strict testing at Railway stations and ports.
8. He directed officials to issue passes only for a week to commuters who travel from Kerala for education and employment. He instructed to make it mandatory for them to get tested every week. He said that separate guidelines would be issued.
9. Students arriving from other states must be quarantined in hostels.
10. Officers should ensure that there is no scarcity in medical facilities, oxygen and medicine supply.
11. The Chief Minister instructed officials to submit requirements to Government regarding medical facilities. Action will be taken to provide the same.
12. PSA units distributed to the districts should be installed immediately.
13. The Chief Minister instructed DCs to provide required power supply for PSA units.
14. Action should be taken to commence the PSA unit in Chamarajanagar Medical College within a week.
15. Rate of RTPCR testing should be increased in Chikkamagalur district. He instructed officials to conduct testing at home stays and resorts as the number of tourists has increased.
16. All DCs were instructed to intensify the vaccination drive.
17. It was instructed to intensify contact tracing.
18. RAT to be increased at borders.
19. Strict action to be taken to contain covid by forming micro containment zones.
20. Wearing masks is to be made mandatory
21. RTPCR test reports is mandatory to guests/tourists at resorts
22. It was directed to ensure crowd management at tourist spots and religious places.