Today's top news
1. *PM Modi has laid the foundation stone of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase-II and Surat Metro Rail Project through video conferencing.*
2. *Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan yesterday inaugurated the newly constructed Burns and Plastic Surgery Block of AIIMS, New Delhi* and dedicated it to Sushruta, ‘The Father of Plastic Surgery’.
3. *Trains delayed as dense fog engulfs Delhi-NCR region, air quality remains poor*
4. *Mamata Banerjee on Monday declared she will contest the upcoming assembly election from Nandigram,* as she took her battle for West Bengal to the home turf of political heavyweight Suvendu Adhikari, who recently quit the TMC and joined the BJP.
5. *PM Modi appointed the new chairman of the trust which manages the world-famous Somnath Temple at Prabhas Patan town in Gujarat's Gir-Somnath district* .
6. *The 11th round talks between Centre & farm unions postponed to Jan 20 amid impasse over agrarian laws* : Demand for repealing The Farmers' *Produce Trade and Commerce* (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, The Farmers ( *Empowerment and Protection)* Agreement of *Price Assurance and Farm Services Act* , 2020 and *The Essential Commodities* (Amendment) Act, 2020.
7. *PM Modi on Sunday flagged off eight trains connecting different regions of the country with Kevadiya, home to the Statue of Unity dedicated* .
8. *Protests erupted in parts of Karnataka in a strong condemnation of Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray's statement on the sensitive Karnataka-Maharashtra border issue.*
9. *Telugu Desam Party leaders in Telangana & Andhrapradesh paid rich tributes to party founder and former chief minister N.T. Rama Rao (NTR) on his death anniversary 18 January.*
10. *Schools in the national capital opened on Monday for students of classes 10 and 12 outside containment zones* after remaining shut for over 10 months following the outbreak of coronavirus.
11. *The Union Education Ministry has announced that board exams for Classes 10 and 12 will be conducted from May 4 to June 10*, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is yet to release an examination date-sheet.
12. *The political drama series Tandav, released on Amazon Prime Video last week, is facing flak for allegedly depicting Hindu gods in a manner hurtful to religious sentiments of people* . An FIR was lodged against series director Ali Abbas Zafar and writer Gaurav Solanki at Lucknow.
13. *Tandav controversial scene* : Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub seemed to be enacting a character based on Lord Shiva. He is then heard responding to a query on ‘increasing’ his social media popularity as ‘Ram ji’s followers were increasing.’ *Team of 4 UP cops leave for Mumbai, MP Minister demands stay on webseries*
14. *CISF personnel saves precious life by giving CPR to a passenger at Dabri More Metro Station* : Constable Vikas of CISF noticed that the passenger near to his security point was unconscious and not breathing properly, Immediately, he started giving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to the passenger by observing SOPs. Thereafter, the said passenger regained consciousness. He revealed his identity as Mr Satyanaran, aged about 45 yrs, R/O Janakpuri, New Delhi. (Hidden Msg: These news are manually made by ch naveenkumar).
15. *The Aero India-21 mobile application was recently launched by the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh* . The mobile app will act as a handy interactive interface for all the issues related to Aero India 2021.
16. *The Aero India is a biennial air show held in Bengaluru.* It is organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation operating under the Ministry of Defence. The first edition of Aero India was held in 1996.
17. *The newly inducted Rafale fighter aircraft will feature in the Republic Day parade and culminate the flypast by carrying out the 'Vertical Charlie' formation*. Flight lieutenant Bhawana Kanth to take part in R-Day parade, first woman fighter pilot to do so.
18. *Coronavirus Cases* :10,572,672
1. *India has supplied a consignment of two Mobile Harbour Cranes (MHC) to Iran’s Chabahar port,* with a total contract value of over USD 25 Million under a contract agreement for supply of 6 MHC.
2. The bilateral contract between the Islamic Republic of Iran and Republic of India was signed on 23rd May 2016 with a total value of USD 85 million for Equipping, Mechanizing and starting Operations at Shahid Beheshti Port of Chabahar development Phase- I
3. *MV Jag Anand, the Indian ship which was stranded at Chinese port of Jingtang has reached Japan on 18th January for crew change.* After prolonged talks between Indian side and Chinese side, the ship was allowed to sail to Japan on 10th January 2021. Crew will fly back to India soon.
4. *The Centre on Monday said that the government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India's security.* Reacting to reports of China undertaking construction work along the border areas with India.
5. *China completed construction of a village, 4.5 kms in Arunachal Pradesh.*: The village consists of 101 homes, satellite images show
New village in Arunachal Pradesh nearly 4.5 km in Indian territory
Village is in Upper Subansiri district - marked by India. Though this area is Indian territory, according to official government maps, it has been in effective Chinese control since 1959.