Today's top news
1. *The Bhakti Movement Saint Guru Ravidas Jayanti is being observed on February 27, 2021 across the country.* He is well known for his efforts in eradicating caste system from India.The saint also finds importance in the Sikhism which is denoted by the fact that 40 poems by Ravidas were included in sacred ure of Sikhism called Adi Granth. He is respect as a guru in the region of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab.
2. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday visited Varanasi on the occasion of Sant Ravidas' birth anniversary. The Congress general secretary, who has been entrusted with reviving the party in Uttar Pradesh before next year's assembly elections, met with Sant Niranjan Maharaj at the city's Gowardhan Ravidas temple.
3. *The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is gearing up to launch 19 satellites Sunday as part of the first dedicated commercial PSLV mission for its commercial company NewSpace India Limited (NSIL).*
4. *PM Modi will be hosting his monthly 'Mann Ki Baat' on Sunday (February 28) at 11 am. This will be the 73rd episode of PM Modi’s monthly radio programme.*
5. *Voting for 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayats to be held on Feb 28 in Gujarat*: 81 municipalities, 31 district panchayats and 231 taluka panchayats in Gujarat will take place on Sunday (February 28, 2021) and the results will be declared on March 2.
6. *Yog Guru Baba Ramdev has made an appeal to the government to resolve the situation of the farmers’ protests by suspending the farm laws for a duration of three years.* He said he only wishes for peace between the farmers and the Centre. He said that the government had already spoken about not enforcing these laws for a year and a half but if farmers feel it is not enough time, then the Centre should increase it to three years.
7. *A day after announcing the dates for assembly polls in West Bengal, the Election Commission on Saturday removed Additional Director General of Police (Law and order) Jawed Shamim and brought in Jag Mohan in his place*
8. A court in Kerala's Thiruvananthapuram has dismissed a petition by the Left Democratic Front state government to withdraw cases filed against a group of its legislators and members for the ruckus in the state assembly in 2015.
9. *RJD joins AIUDF-Congress to form 'Mahagathbandhan' for Assam;* seat-sharing to be discussed
Collaborating with the Congress and RJD, AIUDF Badruddin Ajmal on Saturday, said that RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav will be campaigning for the 'Grand alliance'.
10. *COVID-19 Night Curfew Extended For Another 15 Days In 4 Gujarat Cities.* including Ahmedabad, by another 15 days. The ongoing night curfew in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara and Rajkot, was to end on February 28.
11. *The ‘G-23’ leaders, including Gulam Nabi Azad, Anand Sharma and Kapil Sibal, who have been pressing for a leadership change and organisational overhaul in the Congress,* *gathered on one stage at Jammu on Saturday, saying the party is weakening and they have come together to strengthen it.*
12. The Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP) is set to demolish 143 showrooms and commercial establishments for the 12-lane Delhi-Mumbai Expressway project. These structures have allegedly encroached government land on the banks of the Gurugram canal, adjoining the bypass, which is being converted into 12-lane expressway.
13. *Lockdown in Amravati city in Maharashtra was extended for a week on Saturday in view of the coronavirus situation,* while restrictions were also imposed for the weekend in Nagpur, Buldhana and Yavatmal.
14. *Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan on Saturday, announced that pricing for a vaccine dose has been capped at Rs 250 at private hospitals, free at govt hosp*
15. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *ISRO’s first launch of 2021 and the 53rd flight of the PSLV* . The The PSLV-C51/Amazônia-1 mission will carry Brazil’s Amazônia-1 as the primary payload, along with 18 other guest satellites, including five Indian satellites. The launch is scheduled at 10:24 hours IST on 28 February (Today).
2. *IAF chief RKS Bhadauria gifted a legacy Alouette III helicopter to the Bangladesh Air Force, a 1971 war helicopter F-86 fighter as return gift*: The exchange of aircraft took place in Dhaka during the four day trip of IAF Chief to Bangladesh.
3. *The 19th Home Secretary Level Talks (HSLT) between India and Bangladesh were held virtually* yesterday in the backdrop of ‘MujibBarsho’and 50 years of Bangladesh Liberation War and establishment of diplomatic ties between the two countries.
4. *The Army's northern commander Lieutenant General YK Joshi on Saturday said the agreement between India and Pakistan to strictly adhere to the ceasefire pact along the Line of Control (LoC) would have no bearing on the counter-terrorism operations in Jammu and Kashmir.*
5. The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has released its State of Environment Report, 2021. The report highlighted how the Covid-19 pandemic will impact the children across world.
6. *India’s Mukesh Ambani is back to being the wealthiest person in Asia.* Despite a brutal week for markets, his Reliance Industries Ltd. was relatively unscathed as it said it would spin off its oil-to-chemicals business into an independent unit. With a net worth of about $80 billion, Ambani is again richer than Zhong Shanshan of China.
7. *IAF Participation in 70th Anniversary Celebrations of Sri Lanka Air Force* : The Indian Air Force aerobatic display teams, the fixed wing “Suryakirans’ and rotary wing ‘Sarang’ , along with Light Combat Aircraft Tejas arrived at Colombo, Sri Lanka, on 27 Feb 21 on an invitation from Air Marshal Sudarshana Pathirana, Commander of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF).
8. *Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Bangladesh scheduled next month, both countries agreed to enhance the level of cooperation to prevent smuggling of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) and contraband across borders* during the 19th Home Secretary Level Talks (HSLT) on Saturday (February 27).
9. Ban on international commercial flights extended till March 31