Today's top news
1. *Annual ASQ Awards 2020 recognises Delhi Airport in over 40 MPPA category in the Asia-Pacific region.*
Delhi Airport retains the best airport position under the highest category for three consecutive years- 2018, 2019 and 2020 in Asia-Pacific region
2. *The state government in Madhya Pradesh has introduced the “Madhya Pradesh Freedom of Religion Bill, 2021” in the assembly.* This bill has replaced the ordinance that the government had brought to check the religious conversions through any fraudulent means.
3.Experts say that the relatively low hospitalisation and fatality rates in India suggest the coronavirus pandemic is approaching its next phase - largely manageable local outbreaks.
4. *The Parliament of India have merged two of the TV channels namely, Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV into an integrated channel “Sansad TV”.*
5. A Trinamool MLA who quit in December, then returned almost immediately, has finally exited Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's party just weeks before the Bengal election. Jitendra Tiwari, the vacillating lawmaker, joined the BJP yesterday. The MLA from Pandaveswar was a key Trinamool face in Asansol.
6. Trinamool MP Nusrat Jahan on Tuesday afternoon attacked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath over the increasing number of violent crimes against women in his state.
7. Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who is in Assam for the upcoming assembly elections, launched the party's five-guarantee campaign on Tuesday.
8. South 24 Parganas, West Bengal: Ahead of West Bengal assembly elections, gun bombs and bomb-making equipments were recovered from the residence of fugitive Indian Secular Front (ISF) worker Ziarul Mollah followed by the arrest of his father Jalil Mollah, said the police.
9. Actor-politician Kamal Haasan, who took the first vaccine dose against the coronavirus yesterday, launched a sharp attack at the AIADMK. "Immunisation of the body immediately (and) vaccination against corruption next month. Get ready," the leader said, referring to the April 6 Tamil Nadu assembly polls.
10.. Delhi Records Minimum Temperature Above Normal At 15.3 Degrees
11. Ajay Devgn's car was stopped in Mumbai today for around 15 minutes by a man who was apparently upset with the actor last month backing the Centre after it had responded to American pop star Rihanna's tweet on the farmers' protest. "He is against Punjab," the man says in a viral video clip, pointing at the actor.
12. The nationwide COVID-19 Vaccination phase to cover senior citizens and people above 45 years with co-morbidities begins from Monday.
13. The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party recorded a massive victory in the local body polls in Gujarat on Tuesday by winning clear majority in all 31 district panchayats as well as in 196 out of 231 taluka panchayats and 74 out of 81 municipalities.
14. The Centre on Tuesday permitted all private hospitals to give the coronavirus vaccine if they adhere to the laid down norms and also asked the states and union territories to utilise the optimum capacity of private medical facilities empanelled under three categories.
15. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Gets COVID-19 Vaccine Shot In Patna
16. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *India tells Pakistan to stop state-sponsored cross-border terrorism*
A country in dire economic situation, should stop state-sponsored cross-border terrorism and end institutionalised violation of human rights of its minority and other communities.
2. *India’s aviation sector recorded the highest number of passengers on Sunday* since the resumption of domestic flights on May 25, 2020.
Minister of Civil Aviation Hardeep Singh Puri on Monday said 3,13,668 took 2,353 flights on Sunday making it busiest in terms of the number of passengers since the resumption of flight in May last year.
3. *The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare and Science & Technology, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, inaugurated the second edition of Global-Bio India-2021 on March 1, 2021* . This is a three-day event which will be organised from March 1 to March 3, 2021 under the Theme– ‘Transforming Lives’ along with the tagline ‘Biosciences to Bio-economy’.
4. *The first day of March, 2021 marked the beginning of Women’s History Month* . This year the month is more significant because all the centennial celebrations that mark the women’s suffrage were curtailed or cancelled in the year 2020 amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, the month is being observed under the theme: “Valiant Women of the Vote: Refusing to Be Silenced”.
5. The National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) is all set to launch its ‘AI Game Changers’ program in India. The programme will be launched to promote the artificial intelligence (AI)-led innovation across the country. The programme is being run in collaboration with the innovation partner for the programme, Microsoft.