Today's top news
1. *New Edition of Exam Warriors written by PM Modi was released with many new mantras for students as well as for parents.* It is available at retail stores as well as online.
2. *Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated Alignment and Awareness Event for Publicity of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research - Promoting Innovations in Individuals, Startups and MSMEs (DSIR-PRISM) scheme at IIT Delhi*.
3. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar flagged off DEMU train from Phaltan to Pune via Lonand on 30.3.2021 through video conferencing.
4. *The Centre has released Rs 30,000 crore to the states as GST compensation on March 27, and about Rs 63,000 crore is pending for the current fiscal*.
5. President Ram Nath Kovind on Tuesday underwent a cardiac bypass surgery at the AIIMS.
6. *The Manipur government has sought Centre’s help to douse a forest fire broken out on Shirui Peak of Siroy Hills in Ukhrul district* . The Indian air force is deploying two Mi-17V5 helicopters with bambi buckets to help control and douse the fire at the request of the state govt.
7. *West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee accused BJP members of beating a TMC worker* . After visiting the house of the aforesaid party worker, she told the media that he is in a coma at present with bleak chances of survival. On this occasion, the TMC supremo announced that she will request the Election Commission to provide security to his family as they are facing a lot of difficulties
8. *After seizing 6 'stolen' cars, NIA recovers Sachin Vaze's personal car from Navi Mumbai* :The NIA probing the death of Mansukh Hiren and Antilia bomb scare, in which Vaze is a prime accused, has recovered a white Mitsubishi Outlander from Navi Mumbai.
9. *A new date has been announced for the Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (REET)*. REET exam will be held on June 20.
10. *Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) is starting a new facility for its candidates under which the candidates will have to register only once.* With this process applying for various competitive exams becomes easier for the candidate. They will give them respite from uploading their basic information, educational qualifications repeatedly on the website.
11. *Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Tuesday ordered extension of curbs till April 10,* while directing the Health Department to increase the number of vaccination sites to target the priority categories on urgent basis.
12. *The Maharashtra government on Tuesday (March 30) announced a high-level panel consisting of only one judge to probe the allegations levelled by former Mumbai Commissioner of Police Param Bir Singh against state Home Minister Anil Deshmukh.*
13. In an unfortunate incident, Punjabi singer Diljaan passed away after he met with a fatal road accident on Tuesday (March 30) morning.
14. *22 new Air routes inaugurated under UDAN in 3 days* : 22 new routes have been operationalised in the last 3 days under the UDAN scheme out of which 6 new routes have been operationalised in North-East India.
15. Manohar Parrikar biography stokes fresh row over General Rawat's elevation as Army chief.
A new biography on former Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has stoked a fresh controversy with his claim that he had recommended that Gen. Bipin Rawat supersede two senior officers to become the Army Chief, "convinced that he was a better choice".
16. First direct flight from Shillong (Meghalaya) to Agartala (Tripura) under the UDAN scheme was flagged off today after the successful commencement of the flight operations on Shillong (Meghalaya)- Silchar (Assam) route yesterday. Till date, 57 unserved and underserved airports (including 5 heliports + 2 water aerodrome) with 347 routes have been operationalised under UDAN across the length and breadth of India.
1. *Responding to PM Modi's greeting letter on the occasion of Pakistan Day, PM Imran Khan thanked his Indian counterpart in a letter on Tuesday.* Maintaining that Islamabad desires 'peaceful & cooperative' relations with India, PM Imran Khan asserted that resolving outstanding issues between India and Pakistan is a pre-requisite to stability and peace in South Asia.
2. *Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Dharmendra Pradhan on March 29, 2021 held an introductory meeting virtually with US Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm.* Both leaders agreed to revamp the India-US SEP (Strategic Energy Cooperation) with focus on promoting clean energy with low-carbon pathways and accelerating green energy cooperation.
3. *External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar reached Dushanbe on a three day visit to Tajikistan* . He will attend the 9th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process on Afghanistan on March 30, 2021.
4. Jaishankar visited the Dushanbe-Chortut Highway Project site and reviewed the work beingr done by Border Roads Organisation (BRO) under Indian grant assistance. The 8-lane highway will decongest Dushanbe. Jaishankar made a stopover in Tehran where met his Iranian counterpart Javad Zarif and discussed bilateral cooperation, including on the strategic Chabahar Port.
5. *Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani during his speech at the Heart of Asia meet in Dushanbe thanked India for supporting the Afghan Peace process.*
6. An US Senator has urged Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin to halt the transfer of F-35 technology to Turkey, which has purchased S-400 missile defense system from Russia, saying not doing so would send a wrong signal to countries like India that is also going ahead with similar purchase.