Today's top news
1. *PM Modi to release Hindi Version of Odisha Itihaas by Dr. Harekrushna Mahtab on 9th April 2021* from Ambedkar International Center, Janpath, New Delhi.
2. Dr. Harekrushna Mahtab was a notable figure in the Indian Independence Movement. He also served as Chief Minister of Odisha from 1946 to 1950 and from 1956 to 1961. He wrote the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’ in Ahmednagar Fort Jail, where he was imprisoned for more than two years during 1942-1945.
3. *PM Narendra Modi to review COVID-19 situation with CMs of all states, UTs via videoconferencing today* : Ever since the coronavirus pandemic outbreak in the country, PM Modi has regularly interacted with Chief Ministers to assess the situation and suggest and take inputs to tackle the pandemic.
4. *The Union Cabinet approved the Production Linked Scheme for White Goods such as Air conditioners and LED lights.* The main objective of the scheme is to make manufacturing in India globally competitive. This is to be achieved by creating economies of scale, removing sectoral disabilities and ensuring efficiencies. The scheme will make India an integral part of the global supply chain.
5. *Election Commission issues notice to Mamata Banerjee over minority vote appeal* along communal lines while campaigning in Hooghly.
6. *The Global energy and industrial majors have joined together to form a new coalition called the India H2 Alliance* . The initiative to form the alliance was begun by the Reliance industries and Chart Industries. The India H2 Alliance, IH2A mainly focuses on commercialising hydrogen technologies. It will work towards boosting the hydrogen economy and supply chain in India.
7. *Lucknow imposes night curfew, educational institutes closed till April 15* : A night curfew was imposed by the district administration late on Wednesday night from 9 pm to 6 am, the curfew will be applicable only in Lucknow Municipal Corporation area, and not in rural Lucknow.
8. *On the occasion of World Health Day* yesterday, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed the WHO South East Asia Regional Office through Video Conference. The theme selected for this year, ‘building a fairer and healthier world for everyone’.
9. *Second Wave of Bird Flu in Himachal Pradesh* : Bird Flu was confirmed among the migratory water birds at Pong Dam Lake Wildlife Sanctuary. The disease then killed more than 5,000 birds. It was contained in February 2021. However, it has resurfaced since late March.
10. *The Supreme Court will on Thursday hear the pleas filed by Maharashtra government and its former home minister Anil Deshmukh* who have challenged the Bombay high court order directing a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the allegations of corruption and misconduct levelled against him by former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh.
11. Suspended cop Sachin Waze on Wednesday claimed former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh had demanded Rs 2 crore from him to continue his service in the Mumbai police and alleged another minister Anil Parab asked him to collect money from contractors.
12. After spending over two years in a Punjab prison, gangster- turned-politician Mukhtar Ansari was brought back to Banda jail early Wednesday morning.
13. The Mumbai civic body on Wednesday issued an order, allowing home delivery of food and essential supplies through online service providers 24 hours on all days of the week during the ongoing state-wide coronavirus-induced restrictions.
14. A demonstration on the Jammu-Poonch highway on Wednesday, April 7, demanding an assurance from the government for the abducted CoBRA commando's safe release.
15. *ISI terror module busted in Gujarat; 3 held*
The Ahmedabad crime branch on Wednesday arrested three persons for allegedly setting ablaze seven shops as part of a larger conspiracy of Pakistan's spy agency ISI to spread terror by luring unsuspecting petty criminals in need of money.
16. *Do not run away from difficult subjects: PM Modi tells students in Pariksha Pe Charcha*
PM Modi cited his own example of taking up more complex work in morning when he feels fresh and leaving easier parts to late night.
17. *Lieutenant General C.P. Cariappa has taken over as the Master General Sustenance (MGS) of the Army —* a new position that has been introduced as part of a series of reforms carried out in the force headquarters over the last year.
18. *Indian Army to celebrate 50 years of 1971 Indo-Pak war with slogan writing competition; ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ is being organised across the country.* As part of the celebrations, the Indian Army is also organising an online slogan writing competition from April 1 to May 31, 2021.
19. Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Manoj Mukund Naravane emphasised that the nation is facing renewed challenges along the borders. On Tuesday, COAS Naravane visited Defence Services Staff College (DSSC) at Wellington in Tamil Nadu.
20. *Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said that China is capable of launching cyber attacks against India and that there is a capability gap between the two countries when it comes to technology* .In an address at the Vivekananda International Foundation.
1. *India-Pakistan ties: PM Imran Khan’s peace offer façade* . The moment news about a ceasefire agreement being reached between the Indian and Pakistan armies broke out, the ‘doves’ in India went into raptures and started demanding that New Delhi should immediately respond in a positive manner and push forward to resolve all outstanding issues with Islamabad.
2. *Goodwill Gesture: Indian Army Sends Back PoK Boy Who Crossed Line of Control*
As a goodwill gesture, the Indian Army on Wednesday handed over a teenager boy who had inadvertently crossed over the Line of Control into the Indian side back to the Pakistan army. The 13-year-old Mousin, a resident of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, had inadvertently crossed over to the Indian side
3. *India and Vietnam hold maritime security dialogue* : India and Vietnam deliberated on maritime security cooperation as well as on the evolving regional situation during a virtual dialogue. The discussions took place as part of the second maritime security dialogue.
4. *Indian firm rejects allegations over supply of Rafale replica*
An Indian firm on Tuesday said it supplied 50 replicas of Rafale aircraft to its maker Dassault Aviation, a day after a fresh controversy erupted over the fighter jets' deal following a French media report.
5. India, Russia firm on S-400 missiles deal, Moscow now eyes arms unit under ‘Make in India’
Despite pressure from the US, India and Russia Tuesday decided to further deepen their defence cooperation, with Moscow planning to set up a manufacturing unit producing Russian arms under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
6. *11th round of India, China military talks to be held on April 9* : The 11th round of India China military talks is expected to happen this Friday (April 9). The key focus will be early disengagement in other areas Both countries were able to achieve complete disengagement at Pangong lake in February.
7. *The INS Sarvekshak is on a deployment to Mauritius for undertaking Hydrogrpahic surveys along with Mauritius.* It will also provide training to the Mauritian personnel on advanced hydrographic equipment and practices during the deployment. INS Sarvekshak has visited Port Louis and commenced the hydrographic survey of “Deep Sea Area off Port Louis”.