Today's top news
ಕೊರೊನಾ ವಾರ್ನಿಂಗ್ ಬೆಲ್ : ಒಂದೇ ದಿನದಲ್ಲಿ 66 ಜನ ಸಾವು ; 14, 738 ಕೇಸ್ ಪತ್ತೆ. - https://newstonic.in/kn/Corona-warring-bell-in-Karnataka
1. *Himachal Daily:* CM Thakur announces relief measures for tourism, transport sectors
An ex-gratia of Rs 3,000 each was also announced for all those government Class III and IV employees who are directly involved in the service of Covid patients. *April 15 is observed as Himachal Day.*
2. As COVID-19 cases spike in Uttarakhand due to the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela in Haridwar, the Niranjani Akhada on Thursday has announced the end of the Kumbh Mela on April 17. With several saints testing positive for COVID-19.
3. *The Agricultural Ministry of India recently signed Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft to implement a pilot project for farmer welfare.*
4. The project will focus on technology boosted agriculture. It will provide smart agricultural techniques to the farmers especially during post-harvest season. The project is to be launched in hundred villages of six states. The six states selected for the project are Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and Andhra Pradesh.
5. The central government on Thursday said that a hundred new hospitals will get their own oxygen plants with funds from the PM-CARES fund amid surge in coronavirus cases that has battered healthcare services across the country.
6. *Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a weekend curfew in the national capital amid a massive surge in Covid-19 cases.* The restrictions would come into effect from Friday 10 pm till Monday 6 am to stem the alarming rise in COVID-19 cases in the city
7. *Armed forces to deploy 5G network for AI, unmanned vehicles*
The Indian army, navy, and air force are likely to embrace the next generation (5G) technology to bring artificial intelligence (AI) and unmanned vehicles to centre stage in a bid to compete with the most advanced armed forces worldwide, according to a top official.
8. *The Principal Scientific Advisor to Government of India recently launched a mobile application to promote the mental wellbeing of the people of India. It is called the MANAS App.* MANAS stands for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System. The MANAS app was jointly executed by NIMHANS Bengaluru, C-DAC, AFMC. However, it was mainly developed by C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
9. *Flipkart recently announced that it is to acquire Cleartrip. Cleartrip is a leading online travel and technology company.*
10. The Facebook has recently signed a deal to buy renewable energy in India from a local firm called CleanMax. This is the first renewable project of Facebook in India.
11. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that India is looking towards various colors to kick-start the hydrogen ecosystem development.
12. Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' addressed at the 34th Convocation of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) through virtual mode.
13. The Delhi government has stepped up its efforts to deal with the unprecedented rise in Covid-19 cases in the national capital.
14. *The Supreme Court ordered a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe into the role of Kerala Police officers in framing Nambi Narayanan in the 1994 Espionage Case.* Nambi Narayanan was a scientist at the Indian Space Research Organisation.
15. *Haryana Education Minister Kanwar Pal Gurjar on Thursday announced the cancellation of Class X examination by Haryana Board of School Education* .He said the examination of Class XII had been postponed.The result of Class X will be declared on the basis of internal assessment of students.
16. *HAL Plans to Certify Astra Mk1 and ASRAAM Air to Air Missile*
Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is carrying out integration works on one of the Limited series LCA-Tejas aircraft that will enable it to fire Astra Mk1 Beyond Visual Range Air to air missile by end of this year.
1. *Top commanders of the Indian Air Force on Thursday began a comprehensive review of the security challenges facing India, including along the Line of Actual Control, on the opening day of a three-day conference. The bi-annual commanders' conference was inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at the Air Headquarters in Delhi.*
2. *An Indian soldier was injured in a shooting incident in a forward area along the Line of Control in J&K’s Kupwara sector*. This is the first such incident that took place along the LoC since the last week of February
3. *UK PM Boris Johnson shortens India visit due to COVID-19 crisis*
He has reduced the length of his visit to New Delhi at the end of this month due to the COVID-19 situation in India, Johnson was to spend a few days in India starting April 26 as part of a planned itinerary
4. *US, NATO troops pulling out of Afghanistan will raise tremendous concerns for India, say experts*
After the withdrawal of the US and NATO troops from Afghanistan by September 11, India will have tremendous concern on the resurgence of the Taliban and the war-torn country being used as a safe haven for terrorists,
5. *India, Pakistan, China, Russia have stake in Afghanistan's stable future* : joe Biden
US President Joe Biden has said India, Pakistan, Russia, China, and Turkey have a significant stake in the stable future of Afghanistan and these regional stakeholders should do more to bring peace in this war-torn country, from where he will withdraw all American troops by September 11.
6. *The National Investigation Agency recently organised a two-day virtual event with BRICS countries on “Misuse of Internet by terrorists”. India hosted the seminar as it is holding the BRICS chair for the year 2021.*
7. National Investigation Agency (NIA) organised a two-day Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa (BRICS) Seminar through virtual mode on “Misuse of Internet for Terrorist Purposes and Role of Digital Forensics in Terrorist Investigations” on 13-14 April 2021.