Today's top news
1. *The State of Assam presented their Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) Annual Action Plan* via video conference with details of the plan for the financial year 2021-22 as well as a saturation plan for the whole State to provide tap water connection to every rural household.
2. *Bharat Biotech slashes Covaxin price for state govts amid COVID-19 surge* , In a major boost to India’s fight against the deadly wave of COVID-19 pandemic, *Bharat Biotech revised its vaccine price to Rs 400 per dose for state govts*
3. *Private vaccination centres have to return their unused stock of Covid shots to the government by today* and cannot use them for the new round of inoculations opened to all above 18 from May 1 (Saturday). Only central government centres are likely to be able to continue vaccinating people for now.
4. *The Union Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitaraman inaugurated the first 3D printed house at IIT Madras. The House was constructed using indigenous 3D printing technology.* 3D printing is a process of making three dimensional objects through digital instructions. It is also called Additive manufacturing. It is the opposite of Subtractive Manufacturing. Subtractive Manufacturing is cutting away from a large material.
5. *Zee News on Thursday (April 29) presented the Maha Exit Poll to predict who will win the elections to five assemblies* - West Bengal (294 seats), Assam (126 seats), Tamil Nadu (234 seats), Kerala (140 seats) and Puducherry (30 seats).
6. BJP looks set to retain power in Assam and win Puducherry as well. The battle of Bengal looks quite close, but as per the Maha Exit Poll, BJP certainly has an edge here as well. In Tamil Nadu, DMK-Congress alliance is slated to get a comfortable victory with a massive margin. In Kerala, the ruling LDF alliance is expected to retain power as the pollsters predict a tough one for UDF.
7. The eighth phase of assembly poll in West Bengal on Thursday brought to an end the protracted voting schedule in the state. 76.07% recorded in 8th and final phase of Bengal polls.
8. *Himachal may impose lockdown, if situation remains grim; limits weddings to 20. Community feast banned till May 10*
9. Former prime minister Manmohan Singh was on Thursday discharged from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, where he was admitted after testing positive for COVID-19.
10. Two members of the outlawed Bangladesh-based terror outfit - Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) - were arrested at Larkura area under Gauripur police station in Assam's Dhubri district. The members were identified as Mozibar Rahman alias Gunnar Ali and Faizar Ali.
11. The Army is making its medical staff available to state governments and is setting up temporary hospitals in various parts of the country to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, Army Chief General M M Naravane told Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday.
12. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited's Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv Mk III MR has successfully demonstrated its deck-operations capabilities that include landing on deck, folding of blades and storing the helicopter inside the onboard hangar.
1. *The Government of India has set up a High level Inter-Ministerial Group to establish procedures for immediate clearance of relief materials from foreign countries.* several foreign countries such as UK, USA, France Germany, Ireland, Kuwait have been sending essentials such as ventilators, oxygen concentrators, respiratory materials
2. *Taiwan Stands With India In Fight Against Covid Pandemic* , To Send Oxygen Concentrators And Other Aid. Taiwan foreign minister Joseph Wu announced that his country has bought 150 oxygen concentrators and aims to send them to India this weekend to help it deal with a massive increase in Covid-19 infections.
3. *Russian planes land with critical COVID aid for India* : In an effort to help India deal with the second wave of COVID-19, in the early hours of April 29, two special flights of the Russian EMERCOM have successfully delivered humanitarian aid from Russia.
4. *The Nepal Army will soon invite India's Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat on an official visit to the country,*
*US committed to use every resource at its disposal to help India:* Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin: The United States is committed to use every resource at its disposal to support India's frontline healthcare workers in their battle against COVID-19, US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin
5. *Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi promises to do utmost in supporting India’s fight against COVID-19*
6. *Vistara, the joint venture between Tata Group and Singapore Airlines, has sought a foreign air carrier permit to operate flights to the United States* . The full-service carrier Vistara has applied with the US Department of Transportation to operate flights to the US as soon as possible.
7. *NATO has launched joint military exercises in Albania with thousands of military forces from the United States and other countries* in the first such large-scale drills since World War II in the Western Balkans.
8. *Indians from the millions-strong expat community in the UAE, stranded in their homeland during a catastrophic coronavirus surge, are swamping private jet operators with requests to whisk them back to safety.*