Today's top news
1. *DMK chief MK Stalin is set to swear in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on May 7. The swearing-in ceremony will take place on Friday at 10.45 AM at Raj Bhawan.* Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit on Wednesday appointed DMK president M.K. Stalin as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, at Raj Bhavan.
2. *Tamil Nadu announces new restrictions till May 20 to curb spread of Covid-19* : Transport services like rail, metro and bus services will be allowed to operate with 50 percent passengers only. Private and government offices will have 50 percent attendance. No other shops except groceries , vegetable and tea shops without air-conditioned facility will be allowed to function with 50 percent customers till 12 noon. Auditoriums, open air meetings and cultural events are banned. Only 20 people will be allowed in funerals and 50 persons in marriages. Curfew will continue on Sundays.
3. PM Modi on Thursday spoke to CMs and LGs of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Puducherry and Jammu & Kashmir to take stock of the situation pertaining to Coronavirus disease.
4. *14-day complete lockdown imposed in Rajasthan, wedding ceremonies banned till May 31* : The lockdown will come to force from 5:00 am of May 10 till 5:00 am of May 24. All activities except essential services, have been completely banned. Weddings have been prohibited.
5. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday said the only way to break the chain of transmission and contain COVID-19 cases is for people to 'close down everything' till May 15.
6. The Northern Railways on Thursday cancelled a slew of Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto Express', stating low patronisation and rising coronavirus cases as the reason behind the decision.
7. The Kerala high court on Thursday directed the state government to take steps to introduce a uniform tariff rate for COVID-19 treatment at private hospitals across the state.
8. *Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said the lockdown would come into force on May 8 morning and extend up to May 16.* 'The entire State of Kerala will be under lockdown from 6 am on 8 May to 16 May.
9. Former Union minister and Rashtriya Lok Dal leader Ajit Singh (82 yrs) passed away at a Gurugram hospital on Thursday morning battling COVID-19. a prominent farmer leader and the only son of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, was diagnosed positive for COVID-19 on April 20.
10. *The National Investigation Agency has charged three terrorists of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba in connection with an online recruitment module case that was busted in West Bengal.* Accused Tania Parveen was a college student and was radicalised and recruited in cyberspace by Pakistan based cadres of LeT. She was the co-admin of various social media groups espousing secessionist ideas on Kashmir with accused Ayesha Burhan a Pakistan based cadre of LeT's Women's wing.
11. The Supreme Court on Thursday said the country needs to be prepared for the third wave of COVID-19 which experts say could be more harmful, especially for children, and emphasised upon the need to create buffer stock of oxygen.
12. The Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad has seized over seven kg of natural uranium worth about Rs 21.30 crore and arrested two persons in this connection
13. Drones set to deliver your orders for food, medicine Restaurant, medicine and grocery delivery aggregators, including Swiggy and Dunzo, will soon be able to deliver through drones during the pandemic. Test runs in controlled environments have already started.
14. *Nagpur-Mumbai Air ambulance makes emergency belly landing after losing its landing gear* : As per reports, the wheel of the Beechcraft charter flight was separated from the flight while it was taking off from Runway number 32 in Nagpur. Officials informed that the pilot of the flight will attempt to make a belly landing not using the landing gear. Sources informed that the plane is an air ambulance and has a patient and a doctor on board.
15. *Uniformed officers appointed as additional secretary and joint secretaries in department of military affairs* : In a first, the central government has approved appointment of military personnel of the three forces as the additional secretary and joint secretary in the Department of Military Affairs (DMA).
H.Msg: Compiled from various news sources on internet. Circulated to the followers of Shubhoday News at 4.20 IST on 07 May 2021.
16. Big boost for military as Modi govt gives officers powers of additional & joint secretaries
In a landmark move in the country’s armed forces history, uniformed personnel from the Army, Air Force and Navy have been for the first time formally appointed as additional secretary and joint secretaries in the Ministry of Defence.
17. *Army mobilises two field hospitals by air to establish 500 bed COVID hospital at Patna* : Indian Army has mobilised two Field Hospitals from North East by air to Patna to assist the government in fighting the recent surge of COVID cases in the State.
18. *Indian Army establishes Covid hospital in Kashmir : With the increasing numbers of Covid positive patients across the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir,* people are finding it difficult to get a hospital bed in state-run hospitals. Now, the Indian Army has come to the rescue of the administration by setting up a 250-bed Covid hospital in Srinagar.
1. British Airways Sends Vital Oxygen Supplies To India On A Special Flight
Boeing 777-200 aircraft loaded with emergency aid to Delhi to support the Indian government as the country continues to battle rising coronavirus cases amid dwindling oxygen supplies.
2. *Pakistan court asks India to cooperate in Kulbhushan Jadhav case* : A top Pakistani court hearing the case of death row convict Kulbhushan Jadhav has asked India to cooperate in the legal proceeding over the matter, saying appearing before the court did not mean a waiver of sovereignty.
3. *Israel delivers first consignment of Covid medical supplies, oxygen concentrators to India*
delivered to India its first consignment of medical supplies comprising oxygen concentrators to help the country in its fight against a devastating second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
4. *BSF Shoots Down Pakistani Intruder Sneaking Into India Via J&K's Samba Border*
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Thursday shot down a Pakistani intruder who was attempting to enter Indian territory in the wee hours of the morning through the international border in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba sector.
5. *PM Modi will participate in the meeting of the European Council on 8th of this month as a special invitee.* The India-EU Leaders' Meeting is hosted by Prime Minister of Portugal António Costa. Portugal currently holds the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Compiled from various news sources on internet. Circulated to the followers of Shubhoday News at 4.20 IST on 07 may 2021.
6. Prime Minister Modi will participate in the meeting along with the Heads of State or Government of all the 27 EU Member States. The EU plus 27 have met in this format only once before, with the US President in March this year. The leaders will exchange views on the COVID-19 pandemic and healthcare cooperation, fostering sustainable and inclusive growth, strengthening the India-EU economic partnership as well as regional and global issues of mutual interest.