Today's top news
1. *PM Modi said that India has advanced the target date for achieving 20 % ethanol-blending in petrol by five years to 2025,* Ethanol extracted from sugarcane as well as damaged food grains such as wheat and broken rice and agriculture waste is less polluting and its use also provides farmers with an alternate source of income.
2. *The Indian Railways has so far delivered more than 25,629 tonnes of liquid medical oxygen* to states & Union territories across the country.
3. *UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a 2-days weekly curfew starting from this week.*
4. *According to the report of India Meteorological Department (IMD)* the southwest monsoon has further advanced into more parts of central Arabian Sea, entire coastal Karnataka, Goa, parts of Maharashtra, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and central Bay of Bengal
However expected in the rainfall activity on June 7-8.
5. *Kerala state govt has launched ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’ to boost job prospects in the state by supporting knowledge and skillful workers* . This Initiative was announced in State Budget. It will be launched to bring ongoing efforts of providing employment to educated people.
6. *High Court Bans Illegal Use Of 'Khadi' Brand For Beauty Pageant/Business*: Illegally using the brand name "Khadi" of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) have been restrained by the Delhi High Court from carrying out any "misleading" activities in the name of Khadi.
7. *The central govt. has blocked plans to launch doorstep delivery of rations in Delhi from next week*: Delhi Lieutenant Governor Incumbent
Anil Baijal, IAS has rejected the file for implementation of Doorstep Delivery of Ration citing 2 reasons - centre is yet to approve the scheme, and an ongoing court case. Previously Cabinet passed a decision to remove the name 'Mukhyamantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojna' for the scheme and to implement doorstep delivery as part of the existing NFS Act, 2013.
8. The Trinamool Congress has promoted Lok Sabha MP Abhishek Banerjee (Nephew of Mamata Banerjee) to the General Secretary post in West Bengal after an organisational meeting at Kolkata.
9. *The Income Tax Department is launching its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June, 2021.* New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
10. *Delhi metro to run at 50% capacity from Monday and shops in markets and malls to reopen on odd-even basis from June 7*
11. *The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the SAGE (Seniorcare Aging Growth Engine) initiative and SAGE portal for elderly persons initiative* : This will be a “one-stop access” of elderly care products and services by credible start-ups. Their products should be able to provide across sectors such as health, housing, care centers. India’s elderly population is on the rise as per surveys. It is expected to increase from around 7.5% in 2001 to almost 12.5% by 2026, and surpass 19.5% by 2050.
12. Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh, RK Mathur, launched the YounTab scheme. Under the scheme, about 12,300 tablets were distributed among them in Leh to the students.
13. *Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin announced the cancellation of class 12 state board exams*
14. *The Himachal government on Saturday extended the corona curfew in the state till June 14* and decided to cancel the Class 12 Himachal Board of School Education examinations.
15. The Karnataka state govt. to cap black fungus treatment cost at private hospitals. 1,564 people are still being treated for black fungus.
16. *Indian Navy’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Ship ‘INS Sandhayak’ decommissioned* : retired after serving for 40 years at Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam.
17. Militants opened fire on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday. There were no casualties in the incident reported.
18. DRDO developing exoskeleton for the Indian soldiers posted in high altitudes.
19. *The Defence Ministry on Friday approved the proposals concerning modernisation of its the Army's air defence guns.* : The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), in its meeting chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, has approved proposals concerning capital acquisitions of various equipment for modernisation and operational needs of the armed forces amounting to approx Rs 6,000 crore.
20. The Army has initiated the process of merging sub-area headquarters, which are static establishments located across the country, with headquarters of operational formations located in the same station or their vicinity.
21. The Indian Army is recruiting candidates in various categories including soldier clerk, storekeeper technical, soldier tech NA (AMC)/ NA (Vet), sepoy pharma, soldier (General Duty) (All Arms), and soldier nursing assistant (AMC). The interested candidates will have to register on the official website https://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
1. Pak PM Imran Khan said that Pakistan is ready to restart talks with arch-rival India if Delhi provides a roadmap towards restoring the previous status of the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
2. *INS Chakra, India's lone nuclear-powered attack submarine, returns to Russia.* Indian Navy's only nuclear-powered attack submarine, the INS Chakra, which was taken on lease from Russia, is believed to be on its way back to the country of its origin. INS Chakra, an Akula class vessel, was taken on lease from Russia in 2012.
3. *Addressing the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) Special Session on Challenges and Measures to fight Corruption,* Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh called for a strong and aligned international cooperation on the return of persons and assets sought for such offences, consistent with international obligations and domestic legal systems. He also said that India has a zero-tolerance policy towards corruption and the moto of the Government of India, given by the Prime Minister, is ‘minimum government, maximum governance with emphasis on transparency.
4. *The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in Delhi gave the official confirmation of India’s efforts to get Mehul Choksi back* He is a fugitive Indian-born Antigua and Barbudan businessman, who is wanted by the Indian judicial authorities for criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust, cheating and dishonesty including delivery of property, corruption and money laundering.