Today's top news
1. *Monsoon Session of Parliament will begin on its normal schedule in July, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi said*
2. The Centre is considering a mechanism to allow air passengers who have got both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine to travel within the country without a negative test report.
3. Telangana Lockdown Extended by 10 Days Till June 19 With Few Relaxations.
4. The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin has appealed to the Chief Ministers of various states on the issue of providing a moratorium on repayment of loans to MSMEs by the Union Govt.
5. 17 people were killed and four others injured in a road accident after a bus collided with a three-wheeler near Sachendi area in Kanpur.
6. *Surya Grahan June 2021:* Thursday June 10, 2021, India will witness the first solar eclipse of the year. An eclipse takes place when one heavenly body such as a moon or planet moves into the shadow of another heavenly body. A solar eclipse happens when the moon gets in the way of the sun's light and casts its shadow on Earth.
7. *The Centre could privatise the two-state run banks — Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank soon* , In the Union Budget 2021, Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced privatising of 2 public sector banks and one general insurance company in 2021-22.
8. A Delegation led by Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray meets PM Modi to discuss issues pertaining to the Maharashtra state.
9. An Independent MP from Amaravati Maharashtra, Navneet Kaur Rana, was fined Rs 2 lakh by the Bombay High Court for submitting a fake caste certificate. The actor-turned-politician's candidature was challenged by a former MP and Shiv Sena leader Anandrao Adsul.
10. *The govt has launched a new e-filing portal to make tax filing easy for all categories of taxpayers* . Normally, the due date for ITR filing for salaried taxpayers remains 31st July. However, due to the COVID pandemic, the due date has been extended to 30th Sept 2021 this year.
11. But, in case your self assessment tax after covering of TDS amount is more than Rs 1 lakh, then you may be charged interest for filing beyond 31st July. Therefore, it is better to file your ITR before 31st July, in case your tax liability even after TDS is more than Rs.1 lakh. www.incometax.gov.in The mobile app will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features.
12. *The Central Vista redevelopment project involves building a new Parliament building,* offices to Members of Parliament, re-modelling of Central Vista Avenue (Rajpath), constructing new residences for the Vice President and the Prime Minister, inter-connected common secretariat comprising 10 new buildings and demolishing some buildings on either side of the Rajpath.
13. *The Indian Space Research Organisation has developed three types of ventilators.*
*PRANA* ' ("Programmable Respiratory Assistance for the Needy Aid') is based on the automated compression of an AMBU (Artificial Manual Breathing unit) bag.
Gas-powered ventilator 'Space Ventilator Aided System for Trauma Assistance *(SVASTA)* . will work without electric power.' VaU is a low-cost ventilator similar to commercial high-end ventilators in use.
14. *Indian Army Recruitment 2021: ABVP (Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad,) writes to Defense Minister on age relaxation for Aspirants* . The relaxation on the recruitment ages is asked due to circumstances created by Corona. The ABVP has submitted the memorandum in favor of those students who missed their last attempt due to covid.
15. *The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)* had earlier cancelled the Class 10 exam and postponed the Class 12 exam. However, due to the ongoing pandemic theory exams *for class 12 were also cancelled.* The board will soon decide on a ‘well-defined objective criterion' to evaluate the students.
16. The CBSE board said 20 marks for internal assessment conducted by affiliated schools will be as per the existing policy. The 80 marks will comprise (40 marks for pre-board examinations conducted by the school, 30 mrks for half-yearly/ mid-term examinations and 10 marks for periodic tests or unit tests conducted by the school in that academic year. If In case a student is not satisfied with his class 10/12 marks he will be given the opportunity to appear for the exam when the situation becomes conductive.
17. *The Union Health Ministry said the country reported less than one lakh daily new cases*. Over 23.61 crore vaccine doses administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
18. The Centre has accorded A security cover of armed Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) commandos for the Hyderabad premises in Telangana of Bharat Biotech, one of the major COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers in the nation.
19. NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation launch 'Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan' for home-care support to asymptomatic COVID patients. This Abhiyaan is part of a special initiative in which local leaders, civil societies and volunteers work with district administrations to address emerging problems across key focus areas of the Aspirational Districts Programme.
20. Advanced Light Helicopters ALH MK III Inducted at Indian Naval Ship (INS) Dega. these helicopters feature an array of systems previously seen only on heavier, multi-role helicopters of the Indian Navy. These helicopters are fitted with modern surveillance radar and electro-optical equipment.
1. *Permanent Mission of India to the United Nation on Tuesday announced that India has been elected to the UN Economic and Social Council for the term starting from 2022 till 2024* . Here ECOSOC is a 54-member Economic and Social Council, established in 1954 by a United Nations charter. it helps in advancing economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development.
2. *Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Webinar on India-Sweden defence industry cooperation yesterday* : A webinar on India-Sweden Defence Industry Cooperation, with the theme ‘Capitalizing Opportunities for Growth and Security’, was organised Yesterday (June 08, 2021). It was organised under the aegis of Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence through Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and Swedish Security and Defence Industry (SOFF). Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was the Chief Guest, while the Defence Minister of Sweden Peter Hultqvist was the Guest of Honour.
3. Near about 21-22 of Chinese fighter aircrafts including the J-11s which are the Chinese copy of the Su-27 fighters and a few J-16 fighters held an exercise opposite the Indian territory in Eastern Ladakh.
4. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will visit Kuwait today (09 June Wednesday) to explore steps to further deepen India's ties with the oil-rich Gulf nation.
5. The visit comes nearly 3 months after both the countries decided to establish a joint ministerial commission to formulate a framework to strengthen ties in sectors like energy, trade, investment, manpower & labour & information technology. Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sheikh Ahmed Nasser Al-Mohammad Al-Sabah visited India in March during which both sides decided to set up of the joint commission.