Today's top news
1. *Karnataka Extends Lockdown Till June 21,* Some Relaxations For Bengaluru. But for the 11 districts where the positivity rate continues to be high, no change in current restrictions and it will continue.
2. *Himachal Pradesh ease COVID restrictions from Jun 14* : the State Cabinet has decided to increase the timing of opening of all shops and markets from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from 14th of this month with weekend shutdowns to remain in force following the continuous decline in fresh COVID cases. Section 144 has been lifted in the state and there will be no need for RT-PCR test to enter the state.
3. *Tamil Nadu, the State Govt has extended the lockdown period from 14 to 21st June.*
4. *Unlocking process begins in Gujarat* The state govt has granted permission to open the various sectors of the economy, including hotels, restaurants, gyms and religious places.
5. *Mumbai & neighbouring areas are "very likely" to receive extremely heavy rainfall at isolated places on Sunday (13 June),* the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
6. Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar hosted poll strategist Prashant Kishor for over three hours Friday, 11 June fuelling talks of the octogenarian making yet another attempt at uniting opposition parties against the ruling BJP ahead of the 2024 general election.
7. *Delhi Traffic Police has revised the maximum speed limit for vehicles in the National Capital.* for vehicles that fall under the M1 category like cars, jeeps and taxis, the speed limit has been fixed at 60 to 70 kmph on high speed/access controlled roads, including stretches of the national highways passing through Delhi, Noida Toll Road,
8. PM Modi held a meeting with Union home minister Amit Shah and the BJP chief JP Nadda, amid speculation about a reshuffle in the Union cabinet. There is also a growing buzz about the Cabinet expansion in Uttar Pradesh after Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath met the BJP top brass during his two-day visit to the national capital.
9. Companies Paytm, Infosys and MakeMyTrip are among seeking approval in India to provide online COVID-19 vaccine booking.
10. Padma Shri awardee environmentalist and Odisha's former information commissioner Professor Radha Mohan died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital. He was 78. Radha Mohan and his daughter Sabarmatee were conferred the Padma Shri last year for their 30-year-long efforts to transform barren lands into a lush green forest in Nayagarh district.
11. The Manipur govt on Friday decided to extend the ongoing curfew in seven districts till June 30.
12. Tata Motors has supplied 25 Tata Winger ambulances to the Health Department of Gujarat. The company has bagged an order to deliver a total of 115 ambulances from the Gujarat Govt.
13. Protesting farmer unions announced they will organise dharnas at governor houses across the country on June 26 to mark the completion of 7 months of their agitation against the three new Central agri-marketing laws.
14. BJP National Vice President Mukul Roy Yesterday returned to Trinamool Congress in presence of Party Supremo Mamata Banerjee. He had joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in 2017 and was elevated to the post in run up to the Legislative Assembly elections in the state. Mukul Roy, former Rail Minister, won the Krishnanagar Uttar seat in the recently held State Assembly elections.
15. Former Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has again tested positive for Covid at the IGMC in Shimla. He had first tested positive on April 12.
16. The Himachal Pradesh State Agricultural Marketing Board has given approval for using plastic crates for ease transporting and marketing apple in select market yards in district Shimla..
17. Congress leaders hold protest against fuel price hike at petrol pumps across the county by local units in compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
18. Public health experts, doctors from AIIMS and members from the national taskforce on COVID-19, have said that mass, indiscriminate and incomplete vaccination can trigger emergence of mutant strains.
19. The center Govt planning to hold assembly polls in J-K next year 2022.
20. Ghantasala Ratna Kumar, one of the sons of the late legendary singer–composer Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao, passed away due to cardiac arrest at a private hospital in Chennai. He excelled in dubbing, and in his 35-year career, he’d dubbed for over 1,000 films across Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Hindi languages
21. *The Supreme Court recently directed the West Bengal govt to implement one nation-one ration card immediately without any excuse as it is crucial for migrant workers during coronavirus induced lockdown.*
22. *Haryana Board 10th Result 2021:* BSEH 10th result 2021 has been declared yesterday. The HBSE 10th result link will be uploaded on the official website- bseh.org.in soon. All students have been promoted for next class.
23. *The Supreme Court postponed by a month the INI CET Examination* , 2021 scheduled to be conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on June 16 for admission to higher/post-graduate medical studies.
24. *The Additional Directorate General of Public Information of Indian Army, warned military personnel about scam messages spreading through WhatsApp* , SMS and email. It has found fraud messages claiming to be sent by the Army Service Corps, Rashtriya Rifles and Base Hospital Delhi Cantonment (BHDC) around Covid vaccination targeting military personnel.
1. PM Modi will participate in the outreach session of the G7 Summit on 12th and 13th June in virtual format. UK currently holds the presidency of the G7 and has invited India along with South Korea and South Africa as guest countries for the G7 Summit.
2. The Supreme Court on said that it would pass orders on 15 June on disbursal of Rs 10 cr compensation to family members of two Indian fishermen allegedly killed by Italian Marines off the Kerala coast in February 2012 and made it clear that Italy would prosecute them.
3. *Chinese national arrested trying to enter India from Bangladesh* :
Chinese passport, laptop, two iphones, a Bangladeshi SIM, an Indian SIM and two Chinese SIM cards, pen drives, money transaction machines, US dollars, Bangladeshi Taka and Indian rupee was discovered from his possession, said a BSF social media post.
4. India’s agriculture exports registers increase of 17.34% in 2020-21
5. The supreme sacrifice was made by Indian peacekeeper Sepoy Johnson Beck, in the line of duty while serving in the UNDOF Mission. He was commemorated on the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers on 29 May 2020, and was posthumously awarded the prestigious Dag Hammarskjöld Medal.
6. The 31st edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol ( *Indo-Thai CORPAT)* between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted from June 9-11. Indian Naval Ship (INS) Saryu, an indigenously built Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Krabi, along with Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies are participating in the CORPAT.