Today's top news
1. In Rajasthan Bikaner is scheduled to become the first city in the country to undertake a Covid immunisation initiative that will go door-to-door
2. Mizoram extends the ongoing restrictions of total lockdown in urban areas will continue for another week, till 4 a.m. on the 21st June.
3. Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Saturday (June 12) announced an extension of the coronavirus-induced "curfew" in the state till June 21.
4. *Namaste Yoga' a mobile application was launched on 12 June* in the curtain raiser event for the 7th International Day of Yoga. The event was organised by the Ministry of Ayush in association with the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
5. *In West Bengal after Mukul Roy quits BJP, Rajib Banerjee meets TMC leader triggering speculation of return to TMC party* . Former West Bengal minister Rajib Banerjee met TMC state general secretary Kunal Ghosh triggering speculations of return to his old party.
6. *ATM Cash Withdrawal Charge, Debit Card, Credit Card Fee to Increase Soon*: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed banks to increase charges on automated teller machines (ATMs) to Rs 21 per transaction. The lenders can levy charges on customers within this limit, once they exhaust their free ATM withdrawals. This revised rate will be effective from January 1, 2022.
7. BJP slams Congress leader Digvijay Singh over his comment on ‘relook’ at Article 370 if they come in power in J&K in an audio chat on social media.
8. Rainfall in various parts of Delhi, maximum temperature recorded at 31.2°C
9. BJP leader Abdul Hameed Mullipuzha on Saturday resigned from the party. He quit over sedition FIR against Lakshadweep filmmaker Aisha Sultana. The complainant had in the statement claimed that Sultana spread false news about the spread of Covid-19 in the Union Territory during a debate on a Malayalam TV channel.
10. President Ramnath Kovind extends condolences on demise of on the demise of spiritual leader Swami Shivamayananda ji Maharaj of Ramakrishna Mission. He was 86.
11. PM Modi has expressed grief over the demise of former Gujarat RSS Chief Amrutbhai Kadiwala. He was 83. Kadiwala completed his Ph.d in Civil Engineering in his 60s age.
12. *Prince Air is set to launch India’s first subscription-based airline in three cities.* Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore at just a fraction of the current business class fares. One can get unlimited boarding access to business class flights for a monthly subscription.
13. *AirAsia India, a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and AirAsia Investment Limited, today announced its 7th anniversary Seventastic Sale on routes across India.* Special sale fares are open for advance booking from June 12-14 for travel from August 1, 2021 onwards.
14. *IIT Roorkee academic gets counter terrorism innovator award for blast-resistant helmet design* Prof. Shailesh Ganpule, (Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department (MIED)) has received the ‘NSG Counter-IED & Counter-Terrorism Innovator Award 2021' for his design of a blast-resistant helmet.
15. Mylab Discovery Solutions, one of India's leading biotech companies, has announced Bollywood megastar Akshay Kumar as its brand ambassador.
16. Two policemen and as many civilians were killed and at least three others injured on Saturday when militants opened fire targeting security forces in Sopore town of Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir,
17. The Defence Ministry has brought in a new policy to compile, publish, archive and declassify all war histories and histories of operations, under which everything will be officially recorded within five years, and will be handed over to the National Archives.
18. Army Commander Northern Command Lt Gen YK Joshi felicitates Veer Naris and war heroes of 1971 Indo Pak war at Akhnoor
19. The Indian Army has bought 17 flat bottomed boats, the most of them to be deployed at the Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh for rapid deployment of troops in case of contingencies amid India-China stalemate at LAC.
20. *- Atmanirbhar Bharat*: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on Saturday inducted three indigenously-built advanced light helicopters (ALH) MK-III that will assist in search and rescue operations, and further enhance coastal security.
21. *National recovery rate of COVID-19 reaches 95.7%* The Health & Family Welfare Ministry has said. Over 24.96 crore COVID vaccine doses administered so far.
1. *G7 meet.* UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate virtually in the Outreach Sessions of the G7 Summit on June 12 and 13. The G7 comprises the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Japan.
2. The theme for the Summit is ‘Build Back Better’ and the UK has outlined four priority areas for its Presidency. These are leading the global recovery from coronavirus while strengthening resilience against future pandemics; promoting future prosperity by championing free and fair trade; tackling climate change and preserving the planet’s biodiversity; and championing shared values and open societies.
3. *Italy keen to invest in Indian defence industry;* India-Italy-Japan trilateral meet for Indo-Pacific next week.
4. India handed over medical equipment, including ventilators and ambulances, worth over Rs 18 crore to the Nepali Army as a gesture of solidarity and close cooperation with the Himalayan nation in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic
5. Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat
- China is a bigger security threat for India than Pakistan, India's Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat said in an exclusive interview with WION (World Is One News)
6. A Bhutanese cadet has been awarded a prestigious motivational trophy for excellent and all-round in Physical Training, Drill & turnout performance during training at the Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun, Junior Under Officer (JUO) Kinley Norbu, a Foreign Gentlemen Cadet (FGC) from the Kingdom of Bhutan.
7. *External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar on Saturday held discussions with his Kenyan counterpart Raychelle Omamo on bilateral cooperation. India and Kenya are currently serving in the United Nation Security Council.* They are also members of the Commonwealth.
8. An Indian-origin journalist, Megha Rajagopalan, along with two contributors has won the Pulitzer Prize for innovative investigative reports that exposed a vast infrastructure of prisons and mass internment camps secretly built by China for detaining hundreds of thousands of Muslims in its restive Xinjiang region.