Today's top news
1. *Govt allows near home vaccination centres for elderly and differently abled people.*
2. National COVID-19 Recovery rate improves to 95.80 per cent; 62,000 daily new COVID-19 cases recorded nationwide.
3. *Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched TV Channel Selector Portal* . This portal will facilitate those subscribers who do not own a mobile phone but want to use a web browser for selection of TV channels. This portal will help the subscriber to check their own subion and view all the channels provided by the DTH and Cable operators.
4. *PM Modi to launch Customized Crash Course Programme for COVID-19 Frontline Workers on 18 June* : The programme aims to skill and upskill over one lakh COVID warriors across the country. The training will be imparted to COVID warriors in six customised job roles namely Home Care Support, Basic Care Support, Advanced Care Support, Emergency Care Support, Sample Collection Support and Medical Equipment Support.
5. A fire broke out at AIIMS Delhi’s conversion building. No casualties reported. The fire department said the incident took place at 10.22 pm
6. Student activists D Kalita, Natasha Narwal and Asif Iqbal Tanha will remain in jail despite being granted bail by the high court in New Delhi in the North East Delhi riots 'conspiracy' case. They were arrested in May last year, and directed them to furnish a personal bond of Rs 50,000 each along with two sureties of the like amount.
7. The three student activists were accused of being the 'masterminds' of the February 2020 violence, which had left 53 people dead and hundreds injured. They were arrested under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA). the Delhi police sought more time from the court to verify their addresses, sureties and authenticity of the Aadhaar cards before releasing them on bail and said that three days would be required to complete the verification process.
8. Six Maoists killed in encounter with Greyhounds in the dense forest at Teegalametta under Mampa police station limits of Andhra Pradesh.
9. Congress workers will stage demonstrations in all district headquarters of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday, demanding a Supreme Court-supervised investigation into allegations of corruption in a land deal of the Ram temple trust in Ayodhya.
10. A complaint has been launched in Muzaffarpur court against the new LJP party leader in Lok Sabha, Pashupati Kumar
Paras, party MP Prince Raj and others for 'misleading MPs of the party and hatching a conspiracy to head the party'.
11. Lok Janshakti Party leader Pashupati Kumar Paras has hinted that a full-time national chief of the party will be elected on June 17. He said that while Suraj Bhan Singh, a former MP, has been made the working president, election of the full-time president will take place soon.
12. Veteran Bengali actress Swatilekha Sengupta passed away at a private hospital in the city on Wednesday afternoon. She was 72 and battling kidney-related ailments.
13. Odisha state Extends Partial COVID-19 Lockdown Till July 1
14. The Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) is expected to declare its Class 12 exam results by July 20. Its assessment will be based on the students' internal marks for Classes 11 & 12. The board will also consider the best performances from 2015 to 2020.
15. Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that a total of 28 seaplane routes, as well as 14 water aerodromes across the country, are currently in various stages of development.
16. At MADEX 2021, the naval defense exhibition held in Busan last week, local shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) was pitching its 3,300 ton (surface displacement) submarine, dubbed the DSME 3000, to India for the country’s Project 75I-class (P75I) programme. DSME3000 submarine. The DSME3000 will have a length of 83.5 metres and a beam of 9.7 metres, making it substantially larger than the Scorpene class boats under the Indian Navy, which have a length of 67 metres and beam of 6.2 metres.
17. The Indian Navy (IN) commissioned a second naval air squadron equipped with the indigenously designed and built Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mk III. The induction ceremony of ‘322 Dega Flight’ was held.
18. *Ordnance Factory Board to be split into 7 Entities for Defence Manufacturing* : Nearly 200-year-old Ordnance Factory Board that operates 41 ammunition and military equipment production facilities will be restructured into 7 state-owned corporate entities.
1. *Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh called for an open and inclusive order in Indo-Pacific based upon respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity of nations while addressing the 8th ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM) Plus on June 16, 2021.* The ADMM Plus is an annual meeting of Defence Ministers of 10 ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries and eight dialogue partner countries - Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Russia and the United States. Brunei is the Chair of the ADMM Plus forum this year.
2. *India- Kyrgyzstan on 16 June held the 11th round of Foreign Office Consultations virtually* and reviewed bilateral cooperation with special . The Indian side was led by Vikas Swarup, Secretary (West). The Kyrgyz side was led by Nuran Niyazaliev,
3. *The Indian Air Force (IAF) has officially put into service the Dassault Rafale multi-role fighter aircraft that ordered from France,* Rafale determined to play a key role to replace the Su-30mki fighter line.
4. *US Space Command secretly launches new satellite*
5. *PM Modi addresses Europe's largest digital and start-up event, VivaTech; Invites world to invest in India*
6. International Day of Yoga to be observed worldwide on June 21; This year's theme to be 'Yoga for Wellbeing'.
7. *India has signed an agreement extending a US$ 100 million Line of Credit (LOC) to Sri Lanka for projects in the Solar Energy Sector* . The agreement was signed between the Govt of Sri Lanka and the Export-Import Bank of India.