Today's top news
1. The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind reached Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh Friday evening on his 5 day visit of state by a special Presidential train from Safdarjung railway station in Delhi. During the tour he will visit his birthplace Paraunkh in Kanpur Dehat district and later he will go to state capital Lucknow.
2. Minister of State for Finance, Anurag Thakur said, that Govt announced tax exemption for expenditure on COVID-19 treatment & ex-gratia received on death due to COVID-19.
3. Union Health Ministry Dr. Harsh Vardhan has said that continuous decline in daily cases of Covid -19 and further improvement in recovery from infection is being noticed in the country.
4.bTamil Nadu relaxes lockdown curbs; religious places, malls, stores to open in 4 districts Chennai, Kancheepuram, Tiruvallur and Chengalpet will see a large raft of relaxations.
5. Information & Broadcasting Minister, Prakash Javadekar has relaunched IIMC’s research Journals, Communicator and Sanchar Madhyam. Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) has been publishing Communicator since 1965 while Sanchar Madhyam was started in 1980.
6. PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people in the country and abroad in the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on All India Radio tomorrow on 27th June. It will be the 78th episode of the monthly radio programme. People can share their views in the NaMo app or MyGov Open Forum. They can also dial the toll-free number 1800-11-7800 People can also give a missed call on 1922 and follow the link received in SMS to directly give their suggestions to the PM.
7. The first Covid-19 Delta plus variant case was registered in Andhra Pradesh at Tirupati.
8. The first case of the Delta plus variant in Rajasthan was reported in Bikaner, in the patient’s post-vaccine report. Authorities are now tracking the contacts of the case.
9. Telangana crosses 1 crore vaccine mark. The government has been taking steps to administer free vaccines to the entire population across districts.
10. M C Josephine resigns as Kerala Women's Commission chairperson. Josephine had courted controversy when she spoke harshly to a woman complainant of domestic violence during a live television programme of a Malayalam channel on Wednesday, causing embarrassment to the ruling CPI(M).
11. The Enforcement Directorate has filed a case under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act in connection with the religious conversion racket that was busted by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad. The ED named Mufti Qazi Jahangir and Mohammad Umar Gautam as the main accused in the case. The ED will probe into the foreign funding and money laundering angles in the case
12. Chairman of COVID-19 Working Group of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI), Dr. Narendra Kumar Arora has said that the country will soon have the world’s first DNA-plasmid vaccine by Zydus Cadilla which has been Made in India.
13. The Supreme Court annulled the Calcutta high court's June 9 order refusing to take on record the affidavits of West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee & Law Minister Moloy Ghatak on their role on the day of arrest of 4 Trinamool Congress leaders on May 17 by Central Bureau of Investigation in Narada scam case.
14. Twitter blocks IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad's account for one hour over 'violations' that he violated the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act, but the minister said the microblogging platform violated new IT rules that require intermediary or a host of user content to give prior notice before locking access
15. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank assured students that proper evaluation criteria will be followed in Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE class 12th examination. under the evaluation criteria, the students will get results as per their ability and talent, if any student has issue with the results, they can appear in the exam in August this year.
16. India's first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC)will be commissioned next year and its combat capability, reach and versatility will add formidable capabilities in the country's defence.
17. DRDO successfully test fired extended range version of indigenously developed Pinaka rocket from a Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher at Integrated Test Range , Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
1. India & China have agreed on the need to find an early resolution to the remaining issues along the LAC in Eastern Ladakh.
2. External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said in a meeting that India supports all peace initiatives & brought several development projects to Afghanistan and the world knows what Pakistan brought...?
3. The Indian Navy & the Air Force concluded a two-day passage exercise which began on 23 June (Wednesday) with US Navy Carrier Strike Group (CSG) Ronald Reagan during its transit through the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). The Navy’s INS Kochi & Teg, along with P-8I long-range maritime patrol aircraft & MiG 29K fighters, participated in the exercise.
4. Serum Institute begins production of Covovax Covid-19 vaccine at Pune plant: Adar Poonawalla, CEO, SII, said.
5. China operationalised its first fully electrified bullet train in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet, connecting the provincial capital Lhasa and Nyingchi, a strategically located Tibetan border town close to Arunachal Pradesh.