Today's top news
1. Today PM Modi to share his thoughts with people in 'Mann Ki Baat' programme @ 11 A.M. today 27 June(Sunday). It will be the 78th episode of the monthly radio programme. will be broadcast on the entire network of AIR and Doordarshan and also on AIR News website & newsonair Mobile App.
2. Govt has extend the deadline for linking of PAN with Aadhaar till September 30.
3. Social Justice & Empowerment Minister Thawaarchand Gehlot yesterday (26 June) launched the website for the Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan on the occasion of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
4. President Ram Nath Kovind will visit his birthplace Paraukh in Kanpur Dehat district and take part in various programmes there. President reached Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh in a Special Presidential Train on his 5 days visit of state on Friday (25 June).
5. PM Modi yesterday (26 Jun) reviewed the development plan for Ayodhya. During the virtual meeting, UP CM Yogi Adityanath presented a vision document for the development of Ayodhya.
6. Former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh has been asked to appear before the Enforcement Directorate for questioning early next week after he sought a fresh date for appearance in a money laundering case.
7. Sikkim govt extends partial lockdown till 5th July.
8. Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan yesterday (26 June) inaugurated virtually the two-day International Education e-Conference on the theme of ‘Holistic Education for Excellence in Life’ organised by Prajapita Brahma Kumari Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya.
9. Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on 26 Jun appealed to protesting farmers to end their agitation while saying that the government is ready to resume talks on the provisions of three legislations.
10. Restore J-K statehood, then hold polls: National Conference chief Farooq Abdullah said.
11. Madhya Pradesh government withdraws 'Corona Curfew' on Sundays with immediate effect: Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
12. Rajasthan govt on 26 Jun, (Saturday) issued a set of fresh guidelines, easing certain restrictions from 5 am of June 28.
13. The All India Congress Committee (AICC) on 26 June (Saturday) appointed Anumula Revanth Reddy, a doughty opponent of CM KCR president of the Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC), replacing N. Uttam Kumar Reddy.
14. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin on 26 June (Saturday) announced that his govt will reward sportspersons who bag medals in the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games.
15. Delhi Unlocks: Weddings With Upto 50 Guests, Gyms Allowed to Open from Monday (28 June). Delhi's new rules maintain that schools, colleges and educational institutes, cinemas, multiplexes, swimming pools, and entertainment and amusement parks will remain closed.
16. Days after taking fake Covid vaccine, Trinamool MP Mimi Chakraborty in Kolkata falls ill. A fake vaccine racket organised by a conman posing as a civic official in Kolkata, was busted out.
17. Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi reopens for devotees with new COVID guidelines. The new COVID guidelines will be implemented from Sunday, June 27, 2021 onwards.
18. Actor Sonu Sood launched his new initiative, COVREG, which aims to create the world's biggest volunteer program for Covid vaccination registration in Rural India. The initiative, powered by rural fintech leader Spice Money, will onboard volunteers through its website www.covreg.in
19. The admission brochure of the IIT entrance - Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced) — has been released at the official website, jeeadv.ac.in. Usually, the exam & application form dates are been released along with the brochure, however, this year 2021, the exam dates are not yet announced. JEE Advanced was scheduled to be held on July 3 but was postponed due to the present COVID-19 situation.
20. Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Ladakh in order to assess the ground situation as well as to boost the morale of the troops guarding the LAC in a hostile environment
1. External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar called on PM of Greece Kyriakos Mitsotakis and held bilateral talks with his counterpart Nikos Dendias. Both sides had a comprehensive exchange of views on further consolidating the bilateral relations.
2. Indian Naval Ship deployed to participate in joint exercises with friendly navies. INS Tabar will transit across the Gulf of Aden, Red Sea, Suez Canal, Mediterranean Sea, North Sea and Baltic Sea.
3. Indian Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria arrived in Dhaka on Saturday (26 June) on a three day visit to Bangladesh.