Today's top news
1. Addressing the nation through his Mann Ki Baat programme on All India Radio, PM Modi said, "India accomplished an unprecedented feat when a record number of vaccine doses were administered to over 86 lakh people in a single day", the country achieved this feat on 21st June. PM Modi also urges people to overcome vaccine hesitancy; He spoke to some people from Dulariya village of Betul district in Madhya Pradesh & allayed their misgivings about the vaccine. The Prime Minister also spoke about legendary athlete Milkha Singh who passed away due to COVID.
2. Five Ministers, Including First Woman in Decades, Take Oath in Puducherry Cabinet; PM Modi Sends Best Wishes to them. The Puducherry cabinet formation comes more than a month after the BJP-led alliance won the assembly elections 06 Apr following the collapse of the Congress-led regime in the Union Territory in February.
3. J&K to keep educational institutions closed till July 15 . There are no travel restriction in Jammu but a negative RT-PCR test is required.
4. *New appointment :* Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N. Patel will act as the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) in the Central Vigilance Commission, according to a Personnel Ministry notification. Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is an apex Indian governmental body created in 1964 to address governmental corruption.
5. Uttar Pradesh was ranked as top performing state under India Smart Cities Award Contest 2020. Madhya Pradesh in 2nd position, while Tamil Nadu at 3rd position.
6. Tamil Nadu implements relaxations: Textile showrooms, jewelleries to open in 23 districts of TN. They can operate from 9 am to 7 pm with 50 % customers & cannot run air conditioners in their shops.
7. Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar on Sunday (27 Jun) said the Shiv Sena-led Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) govt in Maharashtra was running smoothly & it would complete its full 5-year term.
8. Former Indian Council of Medical Research chief, Dr Raman Gangakhedkar said that Delta-plus variant of coronavirus is highly infectious but there is no need to panic.
9. In Uttara Pradesh Bahujan Samaj Party supremo Mayawati categorically denied any alliance with the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen for the upcoming assembly elections.
10. Tamil Nadu logs 9 cases of Delta Plus variant, one death.
11. Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan to promote Disha App on 29 June (Tuesday): The app sends an alert to police control room when a woman or girl in distress shakes her smartphone. It has a single touch SOS button that ensures speedy response from police.
12. No physical classes from July 1 in Telangana; guidelines to schools soon, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao said in presence of Education minister P. Sabitha Indra Reddy.
13. The Centre has informed the Supreme Court that a total of 135 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccines will be available in India between August to December 2021.
14. Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty to be questioned over election speech by Kolkata police on Monday (28 June).
He had reportedly made a controversial statement “maarbo ekhane lash porbe soshane” and “ek chobole chobi” during an election rally at the Brigade Parade Grounds on March 7 in presence of PM Modi.
15. *Defence* :
Indian Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria called on the Chief of Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) Air Marshal Shaikh Abdul Hannan at Dhaka on 27 June (Sunday). discussed issues of bilateral interest and expressed hope to continue mutual cooperation to strengthen the existing relationship between the two countries.
16. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh interacted with over 300 War veterans and Ex-Servicemen in Leh on arrival for a three day visit in Ladakh region. Applauding their contributions for the country.
17. Raksha Mantri Ranjith Singh will inaugurate a new bridge made by the BRO today Monday, June 28 @ at 8 am.
18. Two low-intensity blasts, hit Jammu air force station. A bomb disposal squad & a forensic team were rushed to the spot. Western command air chief has also reached the site. The explosions took place around 1.45 am. early hours of Sunday. There were no immediate reports of any casualties.
19. National Investigation Agency begins probe on two explosions at Air Force Station in Jammu.
20. The Indian Army conducted an airborne exercise at a base in the central sector Rajasthan on 26 June. The exercise was preceded by a series of intense preparation involving joint planning and integration between the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force (IAF), It entailed para drop of paratroopers & combat heavy loads, including vehicle-mounted anti-tank & air defence missile detachments, over a designated target.
21. Indian Air Force Chief, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria yesterday (27 Jun) spoke to two IAF personnel, who suffered minor injuries in the explosions in Jammu. The Air Force Chief is on a visit to Bangladesh & he called on telephone from there.
1. Japan is to provide India a $10 million assistance for building cold chain facilities to safely store COVID-19 vaccines.
2. According to NIA, Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) might have been behind the attack at the Air Force station in Jammu, which was triggered by drones — in a first such incident in India.