Today's top news
1. *Gaganyaan mission* :
ISRO to launch first uncrewed mission Gaganyaan. The goal of the Gaganyaan programme is to show the aptitude to ship people to low earth orbit on board an Indian launch automobile & produce them again to earth safely. ISRO looking to launch in December 2021, but the two waves of the coronavirus pandemic have made it difficult to get required supply of hardware.
2. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman yesterday (on June 28,) announced some economic relief measures for all those sectors affected by the 2nd wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The govt announced 8 major economic relief measures & Rs 1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme for the sectors affected by the COVID pandemic.
3. The Govt on 28 June (Monday) announced an additional amount of Rs 19,041 cr is being provided for the BharatNet project, which is aimed at providing broadband connectivity to 2.5 lakh panchayats across the country which encourages digital India.
4. The Telangana State Intermediate state Board Results 2021: This is the first time that the board has 100% pass, all students have been promoted. Over 4.5 lakh students will be able to download their marks memos from the official websites.
5. Punjab govt denies Delhi CM Kejriwal to hold press meet: He will be coming to Chandigarh on 29 Jun (Tuesday).
6. Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya : Department of Fertilisers is ready with an action plan to make India Aatmanirbhar in Rock Phosphate, the key raw material of DAP & NPK Fertlisers. Presently India is 90% dependent on imports.
7. NIA court sent former Mumbai Police Officer Pradeep Sharma to judicial custody till 12 July in Hiren Murder case
8. Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty questioned by Kolkata police over controversial remarks statement “maarbo ekhane lash porbe soshane” and “ek chobole chobi” during an election rally at the Brigade Parade Grounds on March 7 in presence of PM Modi.
9. Senior Punjab Congress leader cricketer turned Politician Navjot Singh Sidhu will meet the Priyanka and Rahul Gandhi in Delhi today (29 Jun).
10. The Government of West Bengal has extended COVID-induced restrictions in the state till 15 July 2021 with further relaxations. Now Salon, beauty parlour & gyms can now operate for limited hours. Private buses & auto rickshaws will now be allowed to operate with 50% occupancy. Earlier, restrictions was till 30 June.
11. Karnataka govt to conduct 10th Board Exam on 19th & 22th of July. July 19 exam will be on core subjects and July 22 will be for the language papers.
12. Militants shot dead a special police officer, Fayaz Ahmad at Hariparigam in Awantipora area at around 11 pm on 27June (Sunday) and opened fire on the family his wife and daughter in J&K's Pulwama district.
13. DRDO developed a new missile of the Agni series known as Agni-Prime was successfully carried out the test-firing from coast of Odisha yesterday (28 Jun).
1. Union Govt. Exempts Imported COVID Relief Material From IGST till 30 June 2021.
2. Twitter has removed a wrong map of India that showed J&K and Ladakh as a separate country from its website. This is the 2nd time Twitter has misrepresented India’s map. Earlier it had shown Leh as part of China. The govt has slammed Twitter for deliberate defiance and failure to comply with India's new IT rules.
3. Delhi's All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has moved past prestigious institutes in the rankings for best medical schools in the world. According to the CEO WORLD magazine.
4. Kendriya Raksha Mantri (Union Defence Minister) Rajnath Singh on 28 Jun inaugurated three baily bridges virtually from Delhi, on way to the Indo-China border in Dharchula sub-division of Uttarakhand''s Pithoragarh district.
5. 'India will not tolerate if someone tries to threaten it': Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said in Ladak on his visit. In a clear message to China, Defence Minister also said the country will never forget the sacrifice of the Galwan martyrs and it will not tolerate it if anyone tried to threaten it.
6. The Indo-Japanese friendship and partnership during the COVID-19 crisis is more relevant for global stability & prosperity, PM Modi said and called for further strengthening of the ties between the two countries
7. UAE flag carrier Emirates likely to resume Dubai-India flights from July 7.
8. COVID-19 pandemic Vaccine registration portal, CoWIN has become popular & foreign countries are showing interest in the technology. Over 50 countries from across Central Asia, Latin America & Africa, are interested in it.