Today's top news
1. Parliament's Monsoon Session likely from July 19 to Aug 13 with total 20 working days.
2. The Supreme Court on 29 June (Tuesday) said that “One Nation-One Ration" scheme for migrant workers must be implemented by all states in the country by 31 July this year.
3. A delegation of Sikhs met Union minister G Kishan Reddy and apprised him about the alleged forced conversion & marriage of girls from the community in J&K.
4. Over 33 crore COVID Vaccine Doses administered in country so far.
5. Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh orders extension of COVID restrictions till July 10 with some more relaxations. Opening of bars, pubs and ahatas at 50% capacity, beginning 1st of July.
6. PM Modi will interact with beneficiaries of ‘Digital India’ on July 1 wat to 11 AM via video conferencing.
7. India’s first pilot programme of drones delivering covid-19 vaccines is expected to take off soon in Telangana.
8. *SBI ATM Withdrawal Charges to be imposed from Jul 2021:* All customers of SBI, excluding those who bear a zero-balance account, charges will be levied against cash withdrawals from SBI’s ATMs as well as the branches. Account- holders of SBI will be eligible for 4 free cash withdrawals from the bank’s ATMs & its branches. If exhausting those free withdrawals, then SBI will charge Rs 15 plus Goods and Services Tax (GST) for each withdrawal.
9. *Hike in Cheque Book Usage Charges* : Savings account holders with SBI will have limited free cheque leaf usage from July 1, 2021, an account holder can only use 10 cheque leaves in a financial year. Using more will charge of Rs 40 plus GST for the next 10 leaves or Rs 75 plus GST for the subsequent 25 leaves.
10. *New IFSC Codes for Syndicate Bank:* mergering between Syndicate Bank and Canara Bank, account holders of the former will get new IFSC codes.
11. Uttarakhand govt has canceled the Chardham yatra.
12. Till 29 June total of 27.27crore people covered with the 1st dose of vaccine and 5.84 crore people covered with the 2nd dose of vaccine.
13. Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has instructed officials that they go door to door for creating awareness about Disha Mobile Application and ensure that every woman downloads this app. It is like a protective shield for women in danger.
14. Kerala govt denied news reports that it was mulling to change names of certain places in Kasaragod district bordering Karnataka from Kannada to Malayalam.
15. The sister of Gauri Lankesh, Kavitha Lankesh has moved the Supreme Court for restoring charges that include the death penalty provision against a key accused Mohan Nayak in the 2017 murder of the journalist and trenchant critic of the Right-wing brand of Hindutva.
16. UP schools will reopen for Classes 1 to 8 from July 1. However, students won't need to attend till further orders ; only teachers & staff would need to physically come to school.
17. PM Modi holds meeting with Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, NSA Ajit Doval for a briefing on the unprecedented drone attack at the Jammu air base on Sunday (27 Jun).
18. Initial investigations report into the attack at the Jammu airbase suggest that an improvised low-cost rotary wing drone was used to drop explosive charges at the technical area.
19. Till now total of 51 Delta plus variant cases reported in India: Union health ministry report.
20. *What is the Delta Plus variant of the coronavirus;:* The new Delta plus variant (B.1.617.2.1 or AY.1) is due to a mutation in the Delta, or B.1.617.2, variant. Delta plus has a K417N mutation, alongside the earlier Delta mutation in N501Y. According to researchers these two mutations could make the virus more transmissible as well as help it evade human-made antibodies such as Casirivimab and Imdevimab, which are the mark of monoclonal antibody cocktails currently under emergency use for Covid treatment in India. *NOTE* : The Delta+ is not a variant of concern in our country. It is thought to have come up in late March in Europe.
1. India is likely to make a decision soon on the deployment of anti-drone technology at military installations across the country.
2. India-Russia nuclear energy cooperation:
Construction of Kudankulam NPP Unit 5 has officially started in India.
3. UAE flag carrier Emirates has announced that it expects to resume its Dubai-India flights from July 7.
4. UP police have lodged an FIR against two senior officials of Twitter India over the social media platform putting up a distorted map of India. MD Manish Maheshwari & News Partnerships Head Amrita Tripathi as accused who have been booked under section 505 (2) which deals with public mischief.
5. Swiss Govt says that, Indian people who got Vaccinated can now enter Switzerland without Covid test, quarantine.
6. The Bombay High Court has extended its interim relief order for Mehul Choksi (62 yrs) in the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) case. He was got arrested in Dominica is in judicial custody for illegal entry and is later kept at Dominica China Friendship Hospital because of his poor health condition. Choksi & his nephew Nirav Modi both allegedly defrauded the Punjab Nation Bank to the tune of Rs 13,500 crore and fled the country weeks before the scam came to light.