Today's top news
1. Today National Doctors' Day is celebrated: on July 1 all across India to honour the legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. He was born on July 1, 1882 and died on the same date in 1962, aged 80 years.
2. *COVID 19:* Till now 33 cr 28 lakh COVID vaccine doses have been administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive. According to Health Ministry, the recovery rate in the country has increased to 96.92%.
3. The Supreme Court directs National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) of India to frame guidelines for payment of ex-gratia compensation to families of COVID-19 victims.
4. PM Modi to interact with beneficiaries of ‘Digital India’ today (01 Jul) via video conferencing. The programme is being organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology on the occasion of ‘Digital India’ completing six years since its launch by the PM Modi on 1st July, 2015.
5. Union Cabinet, has given its approval for availing the benefit under Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY) for another nine months from 30th June, 2021 to 31st March, 2022. it is expected that 71.8 lakh employment will be generated in the formal sector as against the earlier projection of 58.5 lakh.
6. Union Cabinet has given approval to provide additional 19 thousand 41 crore rupees for BharatNet for broadband facility to each village through BharatNet PPP Model. Union Minister for Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
7. PM Modi lauds GST system on completion of its four years.
8. The National Commission for Women (NCW) has asked Twitter to take action against a few profiles sharing pornographic content within one week. A day after it courted legal trouble for allegedly allowing access to child pornography on its platform.
9. The Telangana govt has decided to intensify its fight against the AP govt's ‘illegal projects’ on Krishna river. The govt will write letters to the Krishna River Management Board (KRMB) and Union jal shakti ministry complaining against AP's Rayalaseema lift irrigation project (RLIP) and expansion of Pothireddy padu project.
10. The Metro Rail services in the Bengaluru city would be available from 7 AM to 6 PM with a frequency of five minutes in peak hours and 15 minutes in non-peak hours from Monday to Friday starting from 01 Jul.
11. *Army recruitment 2021:* CEE for Pune, Dwarka rallies to be held on July 25. Army will conduct common entrance exam (CEE) on July 25 for all the candidates who have qualified in the recruitment rally held at AIPT Hadapsar Pune and Devbhoomi Dwarka in January and February, 2021, respectively.
12. Directorate General Border Security Force, BSF has invited applications from candidates to apply for SI, ASI and other posts. Eligible candidates can apply for the posts through the official site of BSF on bsf.gov.in. The last date to apply for all the posts mentioned above is till July 26, 2021
13. UPSC NDA I 2021 result declared on official website — upsc.gov.in. The selected candidates will now have to proceed with the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview rounds. The NDA I exam is held twice a year. Candidates who have not qualified can apply for NDA 2. The second exam of NDA is due to be held on November 14, 2021.
14. The govt came out with an ordinance prohibiting any agitation and strike by anyone engaged in the essential defence services.
15. Amid continued infighting in the Punjab Congress, former state minister Navjot Singh Sidhu met party leader Rahul Gandhi at his residence in New Delhi
16. The Supreme Court judge Justice Ashok Bhushan, who is set to retire on July 4. Chief Justice of India N V Ramana praised work of Justice Ashok Bhushan.
17. NIA (National Investigation Agency) arrested two key accused namely Imran Malik alias Imran Khan and Mohd. Nasir Khan alias Nasir Malik both currently residents of Nampally, Hyderabad Telangana & originally hailing from District Shamli of Uttar Pradesh. Case relating to an explosion in a parcel on Platform 1 of Darbhanga Railway station Bihar on 17.06.2021. The said parcel was booked at Secunderabad and had arrived in Train No. 07007 Secunderabad- The case was originally registered as FIR No. 26/2021 dated 17.06.2021 at Railway PS Darbhanga District Muzaffarpur Rail, Bihar.
18. J&K Kulgam Encounter: 3rd militant killed, operation in an ongoing encounter at Chimmer area of South Kashmir’s Kulgam district on Wednesday.
19. NIA (National Investigation Agency) with explosive expert visited inside premises of technical area of Indian Air Force, Jammu where two low intensity explosions took place this week. An order issued by District Magistrate, Rajouri, Rajesh Kumar Shavan also directed those having drones or like objects in their possession to deposit the same with the local police station.
20. Indian Air Force station in Jammu gets anti-drone system, jammers.
1. Brazil suspends Bharat Biotech's Covaxin order for 20m doses has mired President Jair Bolsonaro in accusations of irregularities, even as the Indian drugmaker insisted that it has not received any advance payments.
2. Suspension of scheduled international passenger flights extended till July 31 due to the coronavirus pandemic.