1. *A new Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) rule is coming into effect from July 1, 2021.* :
(a) Non-filer of income tax for past two financial years will be subjected to higher taxation. TDS or TCS will be charged at double rate specified in relevant provision of Income Tax Act or 5%.
2. Uninon Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved a Rs 3.03 trillion power distribution company (DISCOM) reform scheme on June 30, 2021. Under the scheme, Centre’s share will be about Rs 97,631 crore. scheme subsumes programmes like Integrated Power Development Scheme and Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana. Scheme comprise of a compulsory smart metering ecosystem along the distribution sector, from electricity feeders to consumer level.
3. Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved for revised implementation strategy of BharatNet under Public Private Partnership mode on June 30, 2021. Project would be implemented across16 States of India. Under the revised proposal, BharatNet will now extend up to all inhabited villages beyond Gram Panchayats.
4. One Nation, One Ration Card’ being implemented with help of Digital India: PM Modi said. He also added Digital India and CoWIN is helping the country during vaccination. CoWin has also attracted interest from several countries across the globe.
5. The price of domestic cooking gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) has been hiked by Rs 25.50 per cylinder with effect from July 1.
6. Railway’s first movable freshwater tunnel aquarium opened at KSR Bengaluru Railway Station
7. Aadhaar Card Update: Now you can Easily Change Date of Birth, Mobile No, Address on Aadhaar UIDAI official portal. This new update allows those who have moved to a new residential address to change said address on their current Aadhaar identification by themselves. Through the self-service portal on the Aadhaar website.
8. Andhra govt has launched its new ‘AP Information Technology Policy 2021-24’ on June 30, 2021. It is expected to generate more than 55,000 jobs in next three years.
9. Gujarat govt to withdraw over 500 cases of lockdown violation filed against migrant workers
10. The National Investigation Agency court on 01 June cleared activist & Sibsagar legislator Akhil Gogoi in the last case pending against him related to the anti CAA protest in the year 2019 in Assam.
11. West Bengal has inoculated about 2 crore 20 lakh Covid vaccine doses till 01 Jul.
12. The Supreme Court dismisses plea against Telangana’s order mandating e-pass for movement amid Covid
13. PM Modi meets delegation of MLAs from Puducherry and discussed on development programs.
14. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman visited the Boeing Field hospital for Covid patients in Bengaluru today. The 100 bed hospital built under private partnership provides ICU & HDU units with other essential infrastructure.
15. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) have partnered to introduce a financial literacy curriculum for students of Class VI. This textbook covers crucial topics with respect to financial awareness.
16. Veteran Actor Dilip Kumar was yesterday admitted to a private hospital in Mumbai. He is admitted due to medical issues & age related illness.
17. Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari on 01 Jul 2021 took over as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff. The Air Marshal was commissioned in the Fighter stream of the IAF in 1982.
18. Two LeT operatives, Imran Malik alias Imran Khan & his brother Mohammad Nasir Malik, arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Hyderabad on 30 June were part of a conspiracy hatched by top operatives of the proscribed terrorist organisation LeT to execute terror acts across India.
1. India, Pak exchange lists of civilian prisoners, fishermen in their custody : The External Affairs Ministry said India handed over lists of 271 Pakistani civilian prisoners & 74 fishermen in India’s custody to Pakistan. Pak has shared lists of 51 civilian prisoners and 558 fishermen in its custody, who are Indians or are believed-to-be Indians.
2. Nine European nations are accepting Covishield vaccines for travel to their countries, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Iceland, Ireland and Spain are among the countries allowing travel by people who have taken Covishield vaccines.