Today's top news
1. **The govt has decided to bring retail & wholesale trade under the ambit of Micro, Small, & Medium Enterprises (MSME)** and extend to them the benefit of priority sector lending under the RBI guidelines. The Retail & wholesale trades will now be allowed to register on Udyam Registration Portal.
2. **What is Udyam Registration....?**
It is also known as MSME Registration is nothing but a government registration that is provided along with a recognition certificate and a unique number. This is to certify small/medium businesses or enterprises. ... The owner, director, or proprietor of the entity will provide his/her 12-digit Aadhar Number.
3. 12 out of 22 districts in Haryana achieved target under Jal Jeevan Mission: Jal Jeevan Mission was announced by PM Modi in 2019. Under this scheme, every rural household of the country is targeted to get 55 litters per capita per day drinking water through functional tap water connection by 2024. So far, 100% target has been achieved in Goa, Telangana, Andaman Nicobar and Puducherry.
4. Pregnant women can now take the Covid vaccine. The Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry today gave its nod for the vaccination of pregnant women. The decision was taken by the Health Ministry on the recommendations from National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization, NTAGI.
5. The 6th Session of the 17th Lok Sabha will commence from 19 Jul 3
6. The online nominations process for the Sardar Patel National Unity Award is on & the last date for nominations is 15 Aug 2021.
7. Light rains witnessed in several parts of national capital Delhi yesterday. Delhi saw 43.1 degrees Celsius on Thursday, the hottest July day in the city since 2012 when the capital sweltered under 43.5 degrees Celsius.
8. Andhra Pradesh govt has launched its new ‘AP Information Technology Policy 2021-24’ by State Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy. This policy is expected to generate more than 55,000 jobs in next three years.
9. The Telangana state govt on 02 Jul issued orders allotting 5 acres of land each to the Velama & Kamma communities in Serilingampally mandal for construction of their ‘community bhavans’.
10. Tirath Singh Rawat resigns as Uttarakhand CM, BJP MLAs to meet today (03 Jul). Rawat handed over the resignation letter to Governor Baby Rani Maurya. Tirath Singh Rawat had replaced Trivendra Singh Rawat on March 10.
11. Tami Nadu extends lockdown till July 12, theatres, bars, pools, schools, colleges to remain shut.
12. Punjab Civil Medical Services doctors suspended their week-long struggle on Friday, after assurance from state Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu to take up their demands with his Cabinet colleagues. Demand for withdrawal of the recommendation made by the Sixth Pay Commission to reduce their non-practicing allowance from 25 per cent to 20 per cent and delinking it from the basic pay.
13. Former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala(86 yrs) released from Tihar Jail. He was already out on parole, was serving a 10-year prison term in a teacher recruitment scam case.
14. Kerala Police to Take Action Against Drivers Talking on Phone Using Handsfree Device, Section 118(e) of MVD is used.
15. 'Make In India': Indian Army Inducts Indigenously Developed Short Span Bridging Systems. 12 indigenously developed 10 metres Short Span Bridging systems. The system will enable the Indian Army to overcome geographical obstacles.
26. Five Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militants gunned down by security forces during an encounter between the ultras and security forces in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir on 02 Jul (Friday). During the operation, One Army Jawan namely Hav Kashiray Bammanalli also laid down his life in the line of his duties in a fierce firefight with terrorists and attained martyrdom.
17. The naval air station, INS Parundu, in Tamil Nadu has warned that it will destroy any drone flying within its 3-km radius.
18. Indian Navy to recruit candidates for SSC Officer posts. The last date to apply for the posts is till July 16, 2021 on joinindiannavy.gov.in.
19. Air Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari took over as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff on 01 July, 2021
20. National COVID-19 Recovery Rate improves further to 97%. , Joint Secretary of Health & Family Welfare Ministry, Lav Agarwal has said.
✈ **INTERNATIONAL NEWS**
1. India has joined the Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD) & G20 Inclusive Framework tax deal of global corporate tax. Around 130 countries, representing more than 90% of global GDP, adopted the global corporate tax rate of at least 15%. The countries also agreed on a fairer distribution of ‘profits and taxing rights’ with respect to multinationals including digital giants such as Amazon and Google.
2. Shares of govt-owned shipbuilding company - Garden Research Shipbuilders - rose as much as 4% to hit an intraday high of ₹ 209.40 after the company announced that it has won an order from the negbhouring govt of Bangladesh for supply of patrol boats.
3. A drone was spotted over the Indian High Commission complex in Islamabad, Pakistan late last week, prompting India to lodge a strong protest with Pak over the incident, people familiar with the development.
4. Flight between India and Qatar to continue till July 31, under extended air bubble agreement.