Today's top news
1. Yogini Ekadashi 2021: Every month has two Ekadashi tithis and each of these Ekadashis are known by different names. The Ekadashi Tithi that falls on the Krishna Paksha of Ashadha month is called Yogini Ekadashi Tithi. The fast of Yogini Ekadashi this year will be observed on 5th Jul. Yogi is technically male, and yogini is the term used for female practitioners. The term yogini is also used for divine goddesses.
2. Monsoon could cover remaining parts of India including Delhi by 11th July, says Earth Sciences secretary.
3. Farmers group around 200 members to protest outside Parliament during monsoon session which is set to begin on July 19.
4. PM Modi will share his thoughts on CoWIN Global Conclave today (05Jul). The virtual meet will see participation from health and technology experts across the globe.
5. Former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh (72 yrs) on 04 Jul (Sunday) moved to the Supreme Court seeking protection from any coercive action in a money laundering case. The Enforcement Directorate had, issued fresh summons to him seeking his appearance on July 5 in the case.
6. Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that he met with leading indigenous Muslim personalities from diverse fields and said they all have agreed that population growth is a threat to development of the state and need to curb population.
7. Pushkar Singh Dhami was sworn in as the 11th chief minister of Uttarakhand, along with an 11-member cabinet on 04 Jul (Sunday).
8. Drones are strictly banned in Srinagar. Triggering a security alert after last week blast at Sir force Station Jammu.
9. Sikkim extended ongoing COVID19 restrictions effective till 5 Am today 5th Jul with further relaxations till 6 am on 12th July.
10. Explosion in Maharashtra chemical factory injures six workers. The blast occurred in the air handling unit of the Bharat Chemicals @ 11.30pm Saturday at Palghar district.
11. Delhi govt allows reopening of stadium & sports complexes without spectators from today 05 Jul. Banquets, marriage halls and hotels were allowed to host weddings with an attendance of 50 guests only. All cinema halls, multiplexes, swimming pools, spas, schools, colleges & educational institution will continue to remain closed till next orders.
12. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to release the board’s Class 10th results by July 20. The CBSE Class 10th results 2021 will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the tests and exams conducted during the academic year.
13. **Fake letter** : A document is doing rounds on social media claiming resumption of Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) benefits for the central govt employees from the month July 2021 is fake. No such OM has been issued by GOI," ministry of finance wroCentral Government pensioners from July 2021. It is fake and no such letter has been issued officially by Finance Ministry. DA is related to cost of living, it varies from employee to employee aimed at soothing the impact of inflation.
✈ **INTERNATIONAL NEWS**
1. PM Modi greeted United States President Joe Biden and the people on the country's 245th Independence Day on (04 Jul) Sunday.
2. Pakistan alleges India’s RAW behind bomb blast outside Hafiz Saeed's house. Hafiz Saeed, a UN-designated terrorist, is on India's list of five most wanted terrorists. He played a key role in carrying out the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks. In 2020, 70-year-old he was sentenced to 15-and-a-half years in jail in Pakistan.
3. Canada eases entry restrictions from 5th July. As direct flights from India remain prohibited till July 21, those taking a connecting flight will have to provide the negative result of a valid test taken at the final point of departure to Canada.